jjmbtg.gif

I was not expecting this!

Congratulations to both of you-- this promotion is really well-deserved in my opinion, with Akito's "good topic"... topic and Kiah's skill in providing kind words and advice to others.

Congratulations Akito and Sonikku Kiah :) You both have always shown a lot of maturity and approachability on the boards and discussions, and having a love for Sonic doesn't hurt either ;) I hope you both have a great experience!

At the risk of sounding pretentious though, I want to take a moment and give everyone their first order as mod:  Remember that I am still a member first.  If you agree with something I say or do, great.  If you don't, call me out on my bullshit. (Within reasonable bounds, of course)  Please don't take my fancy, orange ribbon as an excuse to treat me any different than you would normally.  I've had that happen before in both positive and negative ways, and believe me, even the positive ways aren't exactly pleasant.  So yes, please treat me as though I wasn't a mod.  Unless I tell you otherwise, but you know

But by following this order, I'm acknowledging your new standing as a mod and hence treating you differently, even if it doesn't feel like it. So in order for me to NOT treat you like a mod, I have to disobey this order and treat you much much much more terribly then I was before. I'm sorry man, but this is how it has to be.

In all seriousness though, congratulations to you and Sonikku. You both deserve it!