Awoo.

Is there anything that reminds you of Sonic, even though the thing is not directly related to Sonic?

gala

Hey, everyone. This is something I've wondered for years: Is it only me who has things that remind them of Sonic (Or any other series, for that matter) that are not related to it in any way? For example, this photo of the MS Estonia...

800px-Estonia_ferry.jpg

...Reminds me of the classic games. When I think about it, there isn't any explanation. I've only seen this photograph  for the first time recently, and I wasn't doing anything Sonic-related at the time. So what could it be that triggers it? Here's another example. I've been here many times, and it always makes me think of Emerald Coast. Yes, there is logic behind this one, but why this place in particular?

7177002531_d86d9225b5_b.jpg

Does this happen to you at all? Post your experiences! biggrin.png

The song: I can go supersonic

It's not an official Sonic song either.

Hayao Miyazaki characters keep reminding me of someone.

spiritedawaygezzer.jpg

So I'm not the only one who thought this guy looked like Roshi crossed with Eggman?

I like to make alternate soundtracks to video games using a mixture of music by bands/singers I like etc (as well as remixes and other soundtracks) so if it's a song I use for a Sonic game I've played a lot with my choice of music, I end up relating it more to Sonic than the original context I heard it in lol (as a random example, Strawberry Swing by Coldplay is now forever associated with Tornado Defense Act 1 from Unleashed, Hold Your Colour by Pendulum is forever Sonic Colours' Final Boss theme, etc).

Can't think of anything else but I'm sure I have more interesting ones.  Will probably post again.

Edited by JezMM

A lot of things remind me of Sonic...

Once the family was on a holiday in Spain, we climbed some tower on a city tour and ended up overlooking the roofs. I said 'Hey this looks like Spagonia!'. It really did. My sister gave me one of those looks and said 'No, you're not gonna run over the roofs'. huh.png

I listen to Sonic music when I go running sometimes, because running and Sonic just really fits. Then I imagine I could go supersonic and stuff. wink.png

All decoration glass crystal thingies remind me of Chaos Emeralds. All of them. My calling them Emeralds confuses the heck out of people.

I also randomly relate song lyrics to Sonic stuff, even if it's not really fitting. I doubt most of those connections will make sense to anyone by myself.

Oh, and I call royal blue 'Sonic blue' and a bright red 'Knuckles red'. I even got a few family members to do it, too. cool.png

MIght come up with more things later...

Hi,

I think this belongs in the Sonic Discussion forum.  If a mod has already moved it without my knowledge, then feel free to move it back.

3D Doritos.

I remember beating Sonic Adventure 2 for the first time while stuffing my face with those things. I must've been like, 7 or 8 at the time.

It's incredible I'm not fat.

• Thumbs Up 2

There's also a view I see quite often in evenings which makes Knuckles' Chaotix come to mind. It must be the dark blue sky which does it, because seeing the same view during the daytime doesn't make me think of it. Veeerrry strange indeed

I noticeably get this feeling with 80s and 90s new jack swing and hip-hop music, or just any of the older songs that use those synthesized strings that sound like they come right out of Star Light Zone. This song, for instance, always gave me massive Sonic vibes due to said strings as well as the percussion.

Also, gas station cash registers. Whenever they open and close, it's the sound of a ring being collected.

• Thumbs Up 6

I noticeably get this feeling with 80s and 90s new jack swing and hip-hop music, or just any of the older songs that use those synthesized strings that sound like they come right out of Star Light Zone. This song, for instance, always gave me massive Sonic vibes due to said strings as well as the percussion.

Also, gas station cash registers. Whenever they open and close, it's the sound of a ring being collected.

I totally agree with the synth strings in Heaven giving Sonic vibes. They sound so much like Mega Drive soundfont samples. 0:36 has a kind of a Spring Yard Zone meets Star Light Zone sound to it to me

Having family out there, I visit California usually once a year. The beach has always reminded me of Sonic. It especially reminded me of Sonic after having played Sonic Adventure back in the day.

Mirrors_Edge-1080p-Wallpaper-50-PIRANDEL

The kruger level in Mirror's Edge reminds me a lot of Sweet Mountain. Both look similar in areas with the whole white 'n orange factory style.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, definitely. I almost wonder if it's the exact same sound. Sonic definitely borrowed sound effects from various places in its early days (Samples in Sonic CD's soundtrack for example), so it wouldn't surprise me if they just used the cash register sound for the games.

If not, it's still remarkably similar, as you said.

There's a hill just by my street, guess what the name is~?

17d51c875500bad212b6c9a14c5c19b9.png

Yeah... this is self-explanatory, I think. xD

I'm sure I've seen that sign before. Or maybe it was a different Green Hill. 

Scratch that, I was thinking of a Greenhill Road I once saw

Edited by BlastToThePast

The Chem lab at my college kind of looks like Chemical plant zone from Sonic 2. I think that's cool! I can also remember that one section in Gek that ripped off sonic, I forgot what it was. If I find pictures I'll show y'all. 

THIS times like 9,999. I actually mentioned it to one of the cashiers once.

Edited by Cyalume

This one has a strange story. Me & my bro had just completed Silver's story in Sonic 06. My bro then muted the Tv cause he knew Dreams of an Absolution was gonna come on. He hates it you see. I then put my ipod on. On comes AeroSmith's 'Walk this Way'. It strangely suited Silver's credits. Now me & my bro laugh whenever we hear the tune.

I remember I used to pretend Falco was Sonic and Fox was Tails in Super Smash Bros. Melee because he and Fox both had that swift attack and Falco's spiky head feathers resembled Sonic's quills if you were... "imaginative" enough. XP

Also, Black and Decker makes a lawn trimmer called the "Edge Hog," with a cool silhouetted hedgehog in the logo that looks eerily similar to this particular Sonic Adventure wallpaper.

800px-Sonic1024.png

I've spent five minutes now attempting to think of a way to make an "edgy" joke, but couldn't think of one, so fuck. =c

SHADOW_art_zps0366dcbe.png

The fact this guy’s name is “Shadow” makes a good chunk of this game hilariously awkward to watch for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psIMVzrNXUU

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks this. I mean look at it, doesn't it look like the logo to some sort of nonexistent Sonic and Tails game?

Let's not forget the fact that they serve huge chili dogs. That's the only entree I get from there; it'd feel wrong to order anything else. xD

• Thumbs Up 6