Awoo.

Is there anything that reminds you of Sonic, even though the thing is not directly related to Sonic?

gala

Let's not forget the fact that they serve huge chili dogs. That's the only entree I get from there; it'd feel wrong to order anything else. xD

And yet, Sega have never used this as a clever opportunity to advertise Sonic. I mean, it's a win-win for both companies.:P

• Thumbs Up 4

DP317.jpg

I'm just getting serious Sonic + Tails vibes from these two in the XY anime. Headstrong and adamant kid who typically dresses in blue and who never stays in one place for too long, and his blonde-haired level-headed friend who has a penchant for mechanics.

I'm waiting until the show brings in a cocky teen dressed in red.

• Thumbs Up 3

High Seas Havoc for the Genesis.

High%20Seas%20Havoc%20%28U%29.png

Although I guess having a legendary gem Mcguffin and a midair attack virtually identical to Sonic's Instashield circa S3&K may have contributed to that.

A lot of things that make me think of Sonic are more graphic design elements than anything else.

Anything with a checkerboard pattern instantly makes me recall the Sonic series, as well as any piece of media that uses the 'sawblade' sort of pattern too. Hard to explain but the header of the forum here makes use of it, all them trianglez. Basically anything that has seen use in a act/zone title card over the years tends to make me recall the series. Which is one thing for the most part I have to hand to Sonic Team, they knew how to really make some presentation values really stick out. I still stand by though that Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 has one of the best overall presentations of any game I've ever played but that's a sidenote for a totally different series.

The sound effects too will make me recall the series. Anything that sounds like the ring noise, or the spring noises, or even little beeps that sound like his jump. The audio elements from the games I grew up with have stuck with me too, and thus when I hear things that are similar my mind defaults to it.

Otherwise a lot of other media doesn't really make me think of the series, even other mascot platformers. The only one of note that I can think of was that when I was a kid when I saw a Klonoa ad in a SA2 edition of one of the gaming magazines I had I thought Klonoa was a new Sonic character at first haha! But other than that I don't look at many things and go "this reminds me of Sonic". It's just the graphic design style and the SFX that have really stuck with me.

I guess I'll mention if I hear music that vaguely sounds like any of the classic games I think of the series too. Stuff kinda like this (especially the further it gets into the song):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSETDHfErjU

When I am at work, someone's phone has a alert tone when they get a text message that sounds just like that sound that happens when Sonic gets a ring!I am not kidding. It has to be it! It can't possibly be anything else!

for some reason, red corvettes make me think of Sonic :P I guess it is because I am convinced that if he had a car he would have a red corvette :D.

the only reason I ever wanted to eat at Sonic's was because of the Name :P But I had chicken strips,  not a chili dog !

Sometimes characters in different games remind me of different sonic characters!  For example, Linus Van Pelt from Charlie Brown reminds me of Tails for some reason. then there is Cliff from Harvest Moon, More Friends of Mineral Town , he reminds me of Knuckles!

When I was a kid, I used to pretend gushers were the chaos emeralds. Honestly, they really do look crazy similar haha To this day whenever I can find gushers I buy them and just nostalgia hard...

Chaos_emeralds.PNG = B001EQ4OHY_1-222_gushers2.jpg

Am I right?

Edited by GOAT
  • Thumbs Up 6

Speaking of songs that remind me of Sonic, Depeche Mode's song "Everything Counts" always reminds me of Lava Reef Zone Act 1.

Lava Reef Zone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo_4R17gYSY

When I was a kid, I used to pretend gushers were the chaos emeralds. Honestly, they really do look crazy similar haha To this day whenever I can find gushers I buy them and just nostalgia hard...

Chaos_emeralds.PNG = B001EQ4OHY_1-222_gushers2.jpg

Am I right?

I never thought about that before but now that you mention it, I'm going to think about it every time I even think of Gushers.

• Thumbs Up 2

The end of a match on dueling network sounds like a ring being collected. navi reminds me of omochao. one of KH's sora concept designs has sora as a furry hybrid wolf, and the keychain on his saw sword looks like sonic team logo. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091108222854/kingdomhearts/images/d/de/Lion-Sora-Chainsaw.jpg

when ever i see those diamond shirts people wear, I think of chaos emeralds. The recent hip hop song "gas pedal" reminds me of boost to win. if it has the word super soic in it or sonic without the actual character in mind. the quote from batman dark knight "Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn" reminds me of crisis city. CIV V' hexes remind me of lost world. rushed and failed games topic reminds me of sonic 06.

Edited by Insane121

For some reason Klonoa reminds me of Sonic, because he kinda looks like a Sonic fan character.

Yeah, I remember looking at Klonoa Wii's box art for the first time at Best Buy and thinking "Holy shit, a new Sonic game!"laugh.png

Speaking of songs that remind me of Sonic, Depeche Mode's song "Everything Counts" always reminds me of Lava Reef Zone Act 1.

The song doesn't remind me of Lava Reef in particular, but it does make me think of what a classic Sonic game soundtrack with vocals in it similar to Secret Rings' would sound like. in b4 sonic r

Edited by Briraka
  • Thumbs Up 1

Whenever the name of a location or person ends in "hill", I always liken it to a Sonic level.

Yeah, I remember looking at Klonoa Wii's box art for the first time at Best Buy and thinking "Holy shit, a new Sonic game!":lol:

Even though his eyes look different in that game and box art?

_-Klonoa-Wii-_.jpg

Well, slightly different, anyway. In-game, he has that tear shape in his eyes.

Which is unlike this, which WILL scream "Sonic character" to you:

1429574240_42076239f6_zpsd2ba4569.jpg

_-Klonoa-2-Lunateas-Veil-PS2-_.jpg

Which is unlike this, which WILL scream "Sonic character" to you:

_-Klonoa-2-Lunateas-Veil-PS2-_.jpg

wInAjSel.jpg

So is is crossing your arms with your fingers pointing out just a thing that people do?  Because I've never seen anyone do that except Sonic and now Klonoa.

• Thumbs Up 2

wInAjSel.jpg

So is is crossing your arms with your fingers pointing out just a thing that people do?  Because I've never seen anyone do that except Sonic and now Klonoa.

Only Klonoa has done it AFAIK. Certain Klonoa fans may disagree with me on this, but I strongly believe they were trying to look at Sonic for inspiration during Klonoa 2's development. You can see additional hints of this if you watch some playthroughs of K2.

And it was pretty much this game that caused a lot of Sonic/Klonoa crossover stuff over the years. Myself included, obviously.

The song Better Off Alone by Alice Deejay reminds me of Green Hill Zone.  Also, there's a custom Super Mario World composition that sounds like something Jun Senoue would've composed for Sonic Adventure 2 rendered with that game's samples.

This

sonic-drive-in.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks this. I mean look at it, doesn't it look like the logo to some sort of nonexistent Sonic and Tails game?

Oh, you not indeed the only one who thinks this. Seriously, every time I hear the 'that's how you Sonic' tagline, I think of the games in some way. Every single time.

There's a hill just by my street, guess what the name is~?

17d51c875500bad212b6c9a14c5c19b9.png

Yeah... this is self-explanatory, I think. xD

There is a small community near Hollywood Beach florida  where I live that is called Emerald Hills. 

Also I will one day want to move here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_Coast

Its in the Florida panhandle. And Wikipedia was kind enough to give Sonic Adventure and Sonic Generations 3DS credit for having the same name for a level in the popular culture section

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qug_-4Oyl_g

This. Especially around the 47 mark onwards. I'm getting serious Sonic vibes here, like he's right in the middle of fighting a group of robots.

This is from a Bonus Soundtrack in Accel World btw.

• Thumbs Up 1

When I listen to music, either on the radio or at home, I... erm, like to listen to singers whose voices I think resemble Sonic characters, or the song itself reflects a certain character's personality.

For example, the song "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls reminds me a lot of Shadow, as weird as that sounds. I could imagine Shadow's confiding to Maria, as she's the one person who truly knows him, and he wants her to know who he is. And the voices I guess are somewhat similar.

I'm a big FOB fan as well, and particularly in this song, a lot of the same inflections that Patrick Stump gives to his words, especially in the verses, reminds me a lot of Jason Griffith and the inflections which he gave to Sonic's voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x78_Gorczgo

I'll have to post others when they come to mind, or I might add them in an edit. Does anyone else do this? Haha

A line in Pink Floyd's 'Us and Them':

Black~

And Blue~

And who knows which is which

And who is who

I know the song longer than I know Sonic. My father used to listen to it already when I was really small. But after playing SA2 for the first time... It's ridiculous, but the line always reminds me of how everyone in that game confused Sonic and Shadow. 'Cause black and blue are so freaking hard to tell apart. wink.png And way back in 1969 when the song was written, Pink Floyd could already tell this would happen. This is true genius.