Awoo.

YouTube and Google +

Xtremer Sadiqachu

I'm surprised so many people still use it considering how much hate these updates have been getting recently.

There's a sad reason for that - YouTube's gotcha by the balls (or suitable female equivalent). Dailymotion and Vimeo are nigh-unknowns and aren't as good as YouTube, especially if your favourite channels stick around (which 99% of them do).

So it's either you let YouTube make whatever stupid change they want and let them get away with it, or you get no video site worth using.

My opinion on YouTube's new commenting feature is like almost everyone else here.

IT'S BULLSHIT!!!

I'm not into social networking, and Google+ is no exception. For several months, YouTube has been pestering me to change my handle and connect my Google+ (which I don't use anymore due to its convoluted layout and lack of privacy), and each time, I reject it. I don't appreciate being forced to connect my real life with my online life, especially the concept of putting my real name out there. Now YouTube is MANDATING me to go ahead and support such a bogus system that I want no business of. As a result, I can't comment (whether it's on someone else's videos or my own) or like a comment.

detailing the bigger consequences of connecting my YouTube with a Google+ is one of the biggest why I LOATHE this change! angry.png

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Thumbs Up 1

Out of curiosity I was going to see if I could link one of my lesser cared about accounts. I've got four web browsers installed; IE, FF, Opera and Yandex which all do this...and never load the thing to link accounts.

So from my perspective the whole thing is a broken mess right now.

oM21Ftn.png

Edited by SkyLlama

I seriously hate what they're trying to do, for a long time I couldn't even access my account because I didn't want to do this shit. Its like Google is so desperate to be the next Facebook that they're trying to make Youtube as shitty as possible.

Is there someone we can complain to about this shit?

• Thumbs Up 1

Out of curiosity I was going to see if I could link one of my lesser cared about accounts. I've got four web browsers installed; IE, FF, Opera and Yandex which all do this...and never load the thing to link accounts.

So from my perspective the whole thing is a broken mess right now.

oM21Ftn.png

Did you try chrome, nearly everyone here uses it including myself.

Yes. YouTube's help section.

Now, finding someone to complain to who can and will actully do something about it...

How the new youtube currently works.

If you do not have google+ = You can reply to comments that were made by a user who has google+

If you do not have google+ = you cannot post comments on videos... even if those videos are your own.

If you do not have google+ = you no longer recieve personal messages, youtube notifications for managing who has commented and where.

If you have google+ = you can now be added to the'circles' by completely random people who you do not know, who you might not want to know, and as far as I'm aware you cannot leave these 'circles'

If you have google+ and then delete it....

Your entire youtube account is deleted and all your videos gone, this is an unreversable action.

I hate to make it sound tedious, but you're going to have to go into your google+ settings, I made it so the only thing people see on my google+ page is my youtube videos...hopefully.

I seriously hate what they're trying to do, for a long time I couldn't even access my account because I didn't want to do this shit. Its like Google is so desperate to be the next Facebook that they're trying to make Youtube as shitty as possible.

That's exactly what it is. Not a lot of people use Google+ , unless it's for hangouts, which is the only reason I got a G+ account in the first place. and like Spin Attaxx said, you can't do a thing about it, because lesser known video sharing sites are just that: lesser known

Did you try chrome, nearly everyone here uses it including myself.

No, but for all intents and purposes Yandex.Browser is Chrome (with a few extra features) so I have no reason to download Chrome and try it.

I don't like Chrome and I will not be installing it on any computer I own.

RISE DAILYMOTION, RISE

And now I'm starting to regret I cancelled my old account there. Funny enough it was created in case something this drastic should happen. :/

Besides, at least there's still classic Utube.

• Thumbs Up 3

*Rolls eyes*

Seriously, the fact that Google even considered and getting rid of the option to reply to comments totally pisses me off. Granted, it was changed back almost instantly, but that was a moronic move.

I'm still angry with Google right now. Why the hell do we need to use Google plus? I know they let you temporarily allow you to revert back to Youtube only, which is what I've been doing for the past month, but not allowing me to comment and forcing me to update to their convoluted mess of a service. Oh, and they can go to hell for not allowing me to see recent notifications in my Youtube inbox anymore. 

EDIT: Ok , so in some videos you can reply to people's comments, but in others you can't. WTF?

Edited by Chaos Incarnate

What's all that shitstorm going on with YouTube?

I really like the intergreation with g+. It makes everything easier. It's very comfortable.

You can create and connect your YouTube Channel with a G+ page that is separate to your real account. That "page" is separate to all your account and other pages. So where's the problem?

(And yes, I'm serious! wink.png)

If you have any problems with YouTube now, try to completly reinstall your browser. It can help.

It solved the problems that a few ppl had, I know. ^^

Edited by StrgAltEntf
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Why the fuck do I need a google+ account to comment on a video?" --- Jawed, Co Founder of YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jawed

Have you read any of this topic?

1. I meant it in general. All over the internet. People don't seem to understand that you don't need to use G+ like Facebook and use it just for YouTube commenting. And what I have seen, that intergration with g+ pushed really the communication between users in the comments.

2. I just browsed through the pages. And what I read is the same stuff like I read all over the place. So if there is something I havn't read already, then sorry.

It seems like ppl just don't like changes. Get used to it and find your own settings you are compfortable with, and everything makes sence. It's out for only 1 day now you know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gotta love how much they're "innovating". Actually no, they are. Their innovation is successfully trying to make youtube as unfriendly and horrible as possible.

"Why the fuck do I need a google+ account to comment on a video?" --- Jawed, Co Founder of YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jawed

This is so rich.

I wonder if this time the negative feedback will be enough to change things. Probably not, but it seems that some line has been finally crossed.

Oh, meanwhile, AlphaOmegaSin is not pleased either (as imaginable):

Have you read any of this topic?

While I'm not the person you were responding to, I do agree with him. Reading the topic doesn't really help because there's a lot of misinformation here. 

The biggest legitimate issue is that the new Reply code means you can no longer reply to comments made before the switch. This is stupid, but I guess they figure that it's a temporary issue because all comments from now on will be using the new system.

Other than that, can you please list the issues you have with the new system? I'll be happy to make a rebuttal, because I like the changes.

• Thumbs Up 1

"I think people just don't like change" is never anything but a strawman. Justify the changes before you do them and perhaps people wouldn't have as much of an issue.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm surprised I haven't seen this in the thread yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taRHnhYUQN0

I think someone did already.

Page 2 as a matter O fact.

Edited by Abominal Taz
  • Thumbs Up 1