Awoo.

YouTube and Google +

Xtremer Sadiqachu

What dammit?Do we need Google+ to complain too?

No, I have Google+ and still got this.

ycgkVgV.jpg

Hmmmmmm...

laugh.png Oh hell, that's hilarious. Where did that page even come from? The copyright notice is even two years out of date!

I guess a lot of people sent "feedback" today. wink.png

Actually, I found that only happens if  you do it in another tab.

Still makes no sense.

ycgkVgV.jpg

2011. How appropriate. That's the year right before they FUCKED EVERYTHING UP. Why can't we just go back then? No one would complain. The only thing I HONESTLY think is worth keeping is the avatars next to the comments on videos, and maybe an option to choose from the One Layout to the 2011 layout. INSTEAD THEY JUST FORCE EVERYTHING UPON US.

I definitely sent feedback. Told 'em things worked just fine before, and while the endless changes every month were disorienting and stupid in a lot of cases, things were more or less functional. I hope they get flooded with hundreds of thousands of "Uhh make this connection optional"  messages. :/ I don't personally dig this. I'd be fine if it was optional, but it's barely optional if it keeps harassing you to change it and limits features that worked JUST FINE before. 

*Shrugs*

If anyone watched an "Everything Wrong with *insert topic* in *insert number of* Minutes or Less," someone did the same with the Google+ update…in one minute or less.

To put it lightly, the new system Google forced upon YouTube is a royal piece of shit. Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Thumbs Up 8

Discovered another problem... though this may be more a sign of my oldermachine.

* Pages on youtube take a lot longer to load up and moving down to the comments section causes my computer to lag for a second or two before it generates the first chunk.

Oh and new thing.

Because theres now no comment limit, it's possible to make 'pictures' using various characters... so we have various things ranging from images of Hitler, Nazi symbols, and various body parts... So we have that now.

Do the people who said the comment character restriction isn't a problem still think that? Especially since now the video owner will have to check the full comment out to see if it's something they want attached to their video?

Thank you Google for making me lose all my subsscriptions. One of the downsides of this new connectivity they have going.

How are we meant to remember who we were subscribed to in the first place!

It treats it as a whole new account being made! How fair's that!

It never even transfered my old channel to me. Well, it did, but it's locked in a limbo so I can't even access it.

I think the only good thing to come out of all this is that at least multiple channels can be created with one account. But even that has flaws, as subs aren't carried between channels.

Thank god my other channel hasn't been converted yet.

Let's not even begin on the "Oh it doesn't look like there's a face in your avatar! D8" thing.

What.

Please do not tell me this is an actual thing

Why would anybody even think this is a reasonable thing to do

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait, it kills your subscriptions?

Wow, way to fucking kick the lesser popular youtubers in the teeth.

Seriously why the fuck are some people happy/ok with this update!?

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow, this update really screwed people over.

I mean, I did this a month prior to the thing being mandatory, and I've had no problems with the subscription thing or any ghost G+ accounts.

What.

Please do not tell me this is an actual thing

Why would anybody even think this is a reasonable thing to do

Unfortunately, it is an actual thing. I was asked this by Google just yesterday when I switched my Google+ avatar (in case my YouTube and Google+ are forcibly merged even worse than what we have now).

SMFH.

Unfortunately, it is an actual thing. I was asked this by Google just yesterday when I switched my Google+ avatar (in case my YouTube and Google+ are forcibly merged even worse than what we have now).

SMFH.

Weird, i wasn't asked that when I changed my avatar.

For reference, my YT avatar is what you see right here. 

And I changed mine to the logo of my placeholder company [or the name in which all my creations go under].

Wasn't told about that.

At least I know what I'll be doing if asked to change it.

It probably has shitty facial detection then.

I've had to sacrifice comments (i didn't use them anyway) but thus far I've been able to keep my current account, minus google+

So does anyone know how to get rid of recommended videos or are those forced upon me as well?

Okay so I tried to be witty and post the entire YouTube Wikipedia article, but couldn't actually post it. This means there is some form of character limit, even if it is way too high to actually be of any use whatsoever.

It could just be the site reaching its limits and not actually be intentional though

Okay so I tried to be witty and post the entire YouTube Wikipedia article, but couldn't actually post it. This means there is some form of character limit, even if it is way too high to actually be of any use whatsoever.

It could just be the site reaching its limits and not actually be intentional though

I don't think it's yet possible to design a form that is entirely free of character limits.  We have one here as well, even though pretty much no user has ever posted a topic that exceeds it.  But, of course, saying there is "no" character limit is much more marketable.

You know, it's funny. I'm actually more annoyed by people being annoyed about the new comments section in the new comments section than the actual changes. YES, WE GET IT, YOU HATE THE NEW COMMENTS SECTION. SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT. It's the same with almost every vid I go to these days, dear God.

Youtube commenting was ALWAYS terrible, and I have a G+ account already, so I don't really give a damn.

Edited by Shirou Emiya
  • Thumbs Up 1