Awoo.

YouTube and Google +

Xtremer Sadiqachu

Youtube commenting was ALWAYS terrible

And now the youtube commenting format is awful. I think complaints are justified.

• Thumbs Up 2

Amongst the plethora of bullshit due to this update anyone dealing with selective glitches?

Among them are the ability to comment on certain vids (very few actually) and others not (majority of them). In addition for whatever reason the video tracking system is useless in 90% of my vids, thus not allowing me the ability to rewind, fast forward, etc.

OK, I think I figured out a kind of workabled workaround of sorts, basically I just outright deleted my Google+ info, and then tried to comment again.  Upon doing this, I was given the option to create a Google+ account for my youtube username.  This seems to leave me even more dissociated with my other google account (AKA, my email).  I still don't know where to look for responses to my comments, though.   

Now that I've gone to the trouble I don't know why I bothered.  This update also removed any semblance of formatting.   And for some reason they've lowered the contrast on the text of the comments.  

I can't turn up the volume on ANY videos. >:o The fuck YOUTUBE!!!

Click the volume slider and press up and down arrows to adjust volume. Took me a couple of days to realise this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Click the volume slider and press up and down arrows to adjust volume. Took me a couple of days to realise this.

WHAT? The changed it.... WHY? what was wrong with doing it with the MOUSE? OMG. The fuck lol. Thanks for the info tho dude. The fuck lol. Damn. - throws out other swear words out there I'm not gonna type out. - 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, it kills your subscriptions?

Wow, way to fucking kick the lesser popular youtubers in the teeth.

Seriously why the fuck are some people happy/ok with this update!?

SHIT! I HAD 41 SUBS, AND NOW I HAVE 40. Why won't you let me get popular YouTube?!?!

SHIT! I HAD 41 SUBS, AND NOW I HAVE 40. Why won't you let me get popular YouTube?!?!

People have reported that the channels they were subscribed to before (not people who had subscribed to them) were completely wiped, meaning that they've had to go and resubscribe to every single one of them. Considering how some people are subscribed to hundreds of people, and thusly may mean that one person may lose hundreds of subscriptions in one go, this is definitely a bad thing.

I'm not as mad over the changes as a lot of people are, but please read context before posting. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

I didn't lose what I'm subscribed to.  I dunno if I lost any subscribers but considering I only have hundreds due to my youtube poop days and don't get much attention anyway on my current stuff, it's not a big deal.

By the way, as a random tip (this has been a problem since long before the Google+ update), if you have Youtube bookmarked, bookmark THIS address:

http://www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions/u

To go straight to new uploads by your subscriptions, rather than the dumb default feed view.

Some videos still have the old comment system for some reason...

edit: Wait a minute, you can't reply to comments that are over a day old? Are you fucking kidding me, YouTube?

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

So uh it might just be me but now whenever I replay a video via the play button, the thing goes to 0:00 but doesn't play, and I have to reset.

Most likely a glitch, but I wonder if this is an undocumented part of YouTube's "update".

Finally! The ghost account from the switchover has now been given back to me, all subscribers and videos included.

It seems there has been a mighty long list of glitches with this changeover, so I can see why many people aren't happy. I'm still slightly annoyed with the system, as it makes managing things more complex than it should be, but at least I don't have to go through finding all my videos and reuploading them [which, if my channel had been any bigger, I wouldn't have been able to do as most of them would have been deleted to make way for new ones].

One mistake after another Google. Put in some R&D and testing next time, eh? A lot more. My other channel's staying in the previous format until all this is sorted out.

Didn't lost any subscriber, but i tried to update the channel and somehow i ended having not one, not two, but three separate Google+ accounts, one of wich i can't even change the avatar photo.

That's just great: i try to put aside my rage and see if i can find some goodness in this update and what i receive is more clusterfuck. This is surely rustling my jimmies.

So uh it might just be me but now whenever I replay a video via the play button, the thing goes to 0:00 but doesn't play, and I have to reset.

Most likely a glitch, but I wonder if this is an undocumented part of YouTube's "update".

That's happened to me too.

Also, clicking on comment replies opens up the video in a new window without showing what comment you were looking for.

Also, links to specific times in the video don't work.

Also, some videos just flat-out won't work.

good stuff

Edited by Gregzilla

Oh I just came here to ask about the reply button issue. So it's not just me then? I thought my computer was finally going out since I've used it a lot this week to do... *gulp* DO HOME WORK!

You know! What we're suposed to use laptops for /horrified stare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZNHuFjnmUo

Francis as usual in his amazing way points out everything thats wrong with this update.

• Thumbs Up 4

Damn, had the old comments back for a while, back to the bullshit.

Fuck this shit, account becomes inactive as of today.

It's nice to be able to have separate accounts on separate sites, if ya ask me, so I really think this whole Google take-over is just a giant pain in the ass/browser. 

• Thumbs Up 1

oh...

"What an awful comment, I better report this comment as spam before anybody else sees that it's actually a virus.

...oh..."

I can't do crap on youtube anymore because it demands I have a google+ account. I can only like videos.

Edited by Mogtaki