Awoo.

Interview with Ken Pontac & Warren Graf.

Kuzu

The fact that they haven't tried to fix it yet doesn't mean it's going to be a quick fix when they do.

They mostly fixed the personalities of the few remaining relevant characters by just switching writers in a matter of one game. It didn't take a timetable rivaling the exit strategy of Iraq to fix that.

Or rather, they're reacting to a shitty environment that has said "storytelling in Sonic games doesn't matter" and yet will turn around and also say "you must write the stories as bland as possible because cartoon hedgehogs" as if it does matter.

So lazy and neglectful in a contradicting environment then?

Well, it was never lazy to bring on new writers, and the current audience they're dealing with ensures that they will be neglectful of the characters and lore out of a presumed necessity to not piss them off.

"Wasteful" then? They bring in new writers that can do some good, hold them by the leash, and never let them really shine. Now that's a massive waste of talent.

Oh, it's definitely wasteful, of both the writers and the voice actors, and I've been saying that since Colors. Should've saved your money and stuck with the old blood if we were going to have a mere trade-off of strengths.

Makes you wonder why they even bothered...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's like kicking out a CEO when the real culprit is the board of directors and whomever else is really in control: Change the face, not the root of the problem.

Edited by Wonder ED

Makes you wonder why they even bothered...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to appeal to the western audience 

to appeal to the western audience 

And western audiences really hated Sonic and his friends the rather bland and annoy characterizations of most of the in the past didn't really help, it's why I imagined they stripped down the cast and then gave them a bit of an edge in their characters.

I thought they did great actually. It's intriguing knowing that they were basically dumped in the deep end with very little knowledge of the series and characters and learning about them from internet sources is really interesting. It likely explains the continuity references in Gens and why Colours certainly fell far short of the mark in it's portrayal of Sonic.

Oh, and Sonic and Eggman in particular was portrayed excellently in SLW, so it just goes to show that doing your homework on characters really pays dividends and that these writers are clearly eager to learn about the characters they're writing. I greatly respect that.

• Thumbs Up 6