Awoo.

I can't get the generations mods to work

nintega137

So I have sonic generations on steam. I tried to download the mods to try them out. But for some odd reason I can't get sonic gmi to work. It said to extract all of the files into my sonic generations folder. C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sonic generations\.

I did that but for some reason it can't detect it. It keeps telling me to put it in my sonic generations folder which it is, but it keeps giving me that message. It says put it into the same folder as sonic generation.exe Maybe its very specific because I don't actually have any exe files. Even when I downloaded sonic gmi it didn't pop up as an exe file. 

What do I do? Help please? 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nintega137

• Cyalume

• Da Blu Hedgie

• spinny

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't actually have any exe files. Even when I downloaded sonic gmi it didn't pop up as an exe file. 

Um... ".exe" is the standard for executable files. You must have some .exe files if you're able to play the game.

As an example, take a look at my folder. 

4821a39ff09fb9d3d4d4222fb7b6b23e.png

'Application' is usually an EXE file, just in case you don't have "Show file extensions" switched on like I do.

Edited by Dealer Spindash

Um... ".exe" is the standard for executable files. You must have some .exe files if you're able to play the game.

As an example, take a look at my folder. 

4821a39ff09fb9d3d4d4222fb7b6b23e.png

'Application' is usually an EXE file, just in case you don't have "Show file extensions" switched on like I do.

Nope

I can't print screen. But My files aren't exe. For example your's says SonicGMI.exe. Mine just says SonicGMI. The same goes for my sonic generations file. It plays too. 

Nope

I can't print screen. But My files aren't exe. For example your's says SonicGMI.exe. Mine just says SonicGMI. The same goes for my sonic generations file. It plays too. 

Hmmm mine is the same way, except it works. Did you right click sonic gmi then run as administrator.

Hmmm mine is the same way, except it works. Did you right click sonic gmi then run as administrator.

Yep. And it still gives me the same message. It can't find sonic generations exe. Its in my sonic generations folder though. 

Did you try turning it off and then back on again?

If its a mod, it should ultimately end up in the mods folder. At that point, it'll end up in SonicGMI's mod list. Check the box beside the mod you want to play, and click "Install/Uninstall". It should then say "mod support is now activated". Click "save and play".

Yeah. Sorry if it seemed like an insult to your intelligence or anything, but I actually tried out that scenario and I got the same error message. 

No biggy.

Did you try turning it off and then back on again?

If its a mod, it should ultimately end up in the mods folder. At that point, it'll end up in SonicGMI's mod list. Check the box beside the mod you want to play, and click "Install/Uninstall". It should then say "mod support is now activated". Click "save and play".

Thats the problem. I can't get sonicgmi to work. Everytime I click it, I get the same error message.

Random question but can having windows 8 have something to do with it?