Awoo.

"SONIC DAY" was had right under our noses, featuring exclusive interviews and cool stuff

azoo

I just like to know how the entirety of both Sonic Retro and Sonic Stadium never knew about this event at all?

Why was it kept soo quiet?! hell we stalk Naka, Iizuka, and Uekawa's twitters like crazed Amy-level fans your telling me they kept something like this quiet?!

Just crazy that this flew under our noses...

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm actually more surprised that they had Sonic 06 for people to play. Also, someone get me that Uekawa drawing please.

Stuff like this and Globalka makes me wonder if English-speaking Sonic fans live in a sort of a bubble information-wise...

Looks like quite a bit of fun was had; I'm just amazed Iizuka and co. didn't comment about it at all. How many other Sonic events do they attend and not tell anyone about?

So they had games and panels... anything else? Looks like some neat merch was on sale, too.

Who knows, maybe this will help encourage Italian fans to hold some sort of big event like SoS or SB.

I like to think we don't, considering we got members from all over the world. but its just odd that this never went noticed by us nor did anyone inform us of this.

Were losing our investigative edge sad.png.

I like to think we don't, considering we got members from all over the world. but its just odd that this never went noticed by us nor did anyone inform us of this.

Were losing our investigative edge sad.png.

Given the widespread misconception Summer of Sonic was the first Sonic con, I'm really inclined to think we are.

It's understandable though; the language barrier is pretty lethal to the flow of information unless it's a really official site. Of course stuff from Japanese websites will reach English sites; SEGA's official pages are in that language. But if it's on an Italian or Russian site, it most likely won't really reach us barring someone on the ground there mentioning it.

Thus, I wonder how many more events like this happen. It looks like Sonic Team's key people do not necessarily mention it, and a lot of people in close proximity to such events don't either (case in point: I have a friend who lives in Italy and he knew all about it and didn't even think about mentioning it). It seems like events like this are taken as mundane for some reason, which is probably why word doesn't really spread about them. Couple that with the language barrier and it's no wonder these sorts of events can happen right under our nose.

...this was a thing? I...how...did I miss this?

If you search for your fowl friend, you'll find me in a corner. Weeping.

...this was a thing? I...how...did I miss this?

If you search for your fowl friend, you'll find me in a corner. Weeping.

Who knows, maybe this will become recurring!

Sonic Boom looked like it might just be a one-time SEGA-sponsored event to promote Generations but they hosted it two more years and probably will keep doing it.

The ultimate question is: how did this event get arranged? It's obvious the museum agreed to it, but whose idea was it? The museum itself? Some fans? SEGA's Italian employees?

Edited by Ogilvie

*Looks at HogFather with a blank expression and raises his arms for a single shrug*

What the hell happened man? ._.

What do you mean?

I had no idea about it just like the rest of you, wasn't announced or advertised anywhere.

Can we find anyone that went to this event at any other Sonic forums? there has to be someone who went and are detailing their experences.

people should be bragging that they saw Iizuka, Naka, and Uekawa in person. this whole thing both before the event and after just seems strange, like its some kind of conspiracy to keep it quiet. what is this an X-file or something?!

Uekawa´s drawing is freaking awesome.

I wonder if he'd maybe do a similar scene for SoS and Sonic Boom? I mean, it would only seem proper... drawing maybe the Spagonia clock tower for Summer of Sonic and... perhaps... Empire City for Sonic Boom?

Can we find anyone that went to this event at any other Sonic forums? there has to be someone who went and are detailing their experences.

people should be bragging that they saw Iizuka, Naka, and Uekawa in person. this whole thing both before the event and after just seems strange, like its some kind of conspiracy to keep it quiet. what is this an X-file or something?!

I would presume there is a big Italian Sonic forum (I would assume, based on the Russian experience, that there's a major one in every language). Perhaps our Italian members would be willing to give one or two of them a glance to tell us it was covered?

Some good news for all the Italian fans. I was looking at the museum's Facebook page, and the translation states that this will not be the last event dedicated to SEGA at the museum.

So if nothing else they'll have more events featuring the SEGA brand later on. I can only presume that this means a Sonic Day being held in the future is virtually guaranteed. Maybe it will grow into a big party/con similar to SoS or Boom. smile.png