Awoo.

He is your worst nightmare

Testquestion

Super_Smash_Bros_Mario_01.jpg

Yeah, that guy. Sonic games aren't as good as they used to be but even then they were never as good as his. For all the wines and cries that "fanbase" shoves out over the need to "save" the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, none of them ever advocate actually COMPETING against "that guy" whose games are barnone better.

But that's only an opinion.

Yeah, and Sega didn't NEED to leave the console business.

For those that don't live in a bubble, I ask: Why are games with "that guy" better? And they are better. He gets awards & multi-million sales while Sonic only gets vitriol. The answer to that is fairly simple: His games weren't all Hype.

No, it was never Hype.

Blast proccessing much?

When a game by "that guy" comes out, we all know it will be good. There is no "that guy" cycle. Nobody honestly says "that guy's" games are bad. People will troll but nobody can INTELLIGENTLY argue against him. Emphasis on "intelligently".

But...but...

Shut up.

So what was the point of this small tangent? To remind you of what every Sega nerd in the 16-bit era knew: He is the enemy. And maybe, just maybe, if Sega still had that stance in game development then Sonic wouldn't be the joke he is today.

I would rather cut off my right arm than develop anything on Nintendo hardware.

Hayao Nakayama, former president of Sega of Japan. I miss the days when guys like him were running the show. Sure they were running it off a cliff but damn did they have heart.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-22-the-rise-and-fall-of-sega-enterprises

Edited by Testquestion

If I recall correctly, didn't the gaming world kind of become aware that the Mario formula was beginning to get stale or boring. I recall articles being made around the time of the new super Mario games and even 3D land. Hell, Sunshine is pretty mixed.

Point being, not everything Mario makes ends up gold or getting 100% praise.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I recall correctly, didn't the gaming world kind of become aware that the Mario formula was beginning to get stale or boring. I recall articles being made around the time of the new super Mario games and even 3D land. Hell, Sunshine is pretty mixed.

Point being, not everything Mario makes ends up gold or getting 100% praise.

You're going to need more than three sentences to make that hold any water. Also how were the sales of those "stale" or "boring" games? Still enough to keep the lights on I bet. Hell one of "that guy's" games save the 3ds if you recall.

As for your point, the guys who don't praise are usually trolls, fanboys, or idiots. The kind of people who think Sonic 06 is a good game cause the graphics are pretty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdWmaWrfeJw

The very face of Satan.

Sonic doesn't need to compete with Mario to be good, and they haven't directly gone after Mario since the mid 90's. Competing against Mario doesn't suddenly make the games not kind of shit, all it did was give them the idea for Sonic in the first place. Yuji Naka said as much himself, that Super Mario Bros. and his speed running of 1-1 was what inspired him to make a platformer more focused on speed.

• Thumbs Up 2