Awoo.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)

FourCartridge

That's disheartening, UC4 is one of my most anticipated titles ever. But I wouldn't want it to become Ubisoft'd so it's cool they get to have a few extra months.

Now Sony, it's a good time to divert that holiday marketing push money into Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2, localizing Yakuza 0 and perhaps a glorious Uncharted Collection that retcons doughnut drake as canon so this fall everything is forgiven.

Yeah this is a good thing for Naughty Dog to delay this plus gives us breathing room between Rise of Tomb Raider and U4.

What if TR's exclusivity times out 6 months after the Xbone release, right into UC4 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Uncharted had millions of QTE gory death scenes ? I need to see this. I'm tired of seeing Uncharted comparisons when Uncharted looks (from what I've seen) become it's own thing, while I will agree Tomb Raider has lost it's identity during the 2013 release while maintaining that supernatural element to the story. It's just becoming a scrapgoat argument at best.

and If TR was multiplat on PS4/PC this year (With no timed release) then it would've managed to gain more sales during U4:ATE delay if out at the end of the year.

Uh. My post said TR had used Uncharted's play style, not the other way around. Gameplay elements was borrowed from Uncharted. Not stolen point for point, so yes, it has it's own features but the gameplay still comes from Uncharted.

I'm sure Sony will have The Last Guardian ready as a replacement.

*snickers*

e64ba63e61bb2a6097f541fde27fee4b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.destructoid.com/rumour-uncharted-the-remastered-trilogy-listed-for-30-september-release-290225.phtml

According to a listing from a Swiss retailer, a remastered collection the PS3 Uncharted Trilogy is coming to PS4 on 30 September 2015.

While the listing does feature box art, the art appears to have been cropped from an image on this site for creating fake custom box art for games.

For all we know the date listed is just as fake as the box art selection, but with Uncharted 4 being pushed back to 2016 a remastered collection in late September would likely give players enough time to get up to speed before the new game is released.

If it's true then hell yeah I'll buy it. I have all three games on my PS3 but I'll gladly sell them towards the PS4 collection.

• 3 weeks later...

Uncharted 4 is subtitled "The Pirate King and the Last Treasure" in Japan.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/uncharted/4/

For info....

The Japanese subtitle is the premise for a manga called One Piece. In One Piece, the previous pirate king left a vast fortune to be found. Who ever finds it will become the pirate king.

--- Reddit

• 2 months later...

An extended version of the E3 demo has been released. It only gets crazier from where E3 left off at.

There are also a few differences in this version, like the player taking a slightly different route in the car chase sequence

Oh man this game looks better every time I see it. Good thing that the Uncharted collection is coming this year cause I need a refresh.

From this point I ain't watching any more U4 vids. I've seen enough to know that it's going to be a damn good game.

Uncharted 4's Singleplayer is 1080/60.

As suspected, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End's single-player mode will not run at 60fps.

During a Q&A session today following an extended gameplay demo, Naughty Dog developers confirmed that, after much deliberation, it was decided that the campaign will run in 1080p at a locked 30fps.
"We had a really long, involved conversation about it with all the leads and directors," co-lead designer Anthony Newman said. "We just realized that, for the game we wanted to make, to make the best game possible, [30fps] was just something that we had to do."

Kurt Margenau, Uncharted 4's other co-lead designer added, "We want to have the best-looking game. To have it be consistent, locked 30fps." Newman jumped back in: "To me, a locked 30fps is way better than a variable 60fps."

He went on to list more reasons why 60fps could be problematic.

"If we wanted to hit a locked 60fps, there's a lot of optimizations in the environments that would have to happen," Newman explained. "This would make each level take longer to make. The same amount of geometry would take longer to make because it would have to be so heavily optimized. And so that could end up having story repercussions. 'We want to have this scene, but we don't have the time to make the environment.' It's a feature, like any other, and you have to consider it against everything else."

Uncharted 4's multiplayer mode, however, is targeting 60fps. This is the same figure that Naughty Dog said it was aiming for back at E3.

An extended version of the E3 demo has been released. It only gets crazier from where E3 left off at.

There are also a few differences in this version, like the player taking a slightly different route in the car chase sequence

the fucking level just keeps going goddam

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Edit: I forgot we have a separate topic for the HD collection. So I've posted the news about the collection in that topic instead.

Edited by QuietTheSniper

• 4 months later...

Insert that Miyamoto quote everyone loves here.

"Controller is so intuitive, even your mum can play"?

Edited by Ghost of Dwibsmas Past
  • Thumbs Up 6

Insert that Miyamoto quote everyone loves here.

"Kill Paper Mario."

If Naughty Dog needs a bit more time to finish, then that's fine.  The multiplayer beta was a lot of fun, so I'm sure the game will be great.

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

So a new trailer was released which is a little controversial... see if you can spot it.

Did you see it? Well.... you know at the end of the trailer when he starts talking about 'a normal life'...

jpg

That painting... it sure looks familiar....

jpg

Oh my... it's concept art... For Assassins Creed 4!

• Thumbs Up 3

Naughty Dog just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about developing concept art (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like being a game director, where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw over a fellow concept artist, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the gaming public that plays Ubisoft games, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Uncharted 4, nor will they purchase any of Sony's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Naughty Dog has alienated an entire market with this move.

Naughty Dog, publicly apologize and cancel Uncharted 4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.[/gaf joke post]

• Thumbs Up 2

They revised the trailer by replacing it with something else. Also an apology from them:

In our eagerness to get the story trailer out we made a regrettable mistake and didn’t thoroughly vet the art work used for an in game painting.We’ve already updated the trailer. We hold all artistry in high regard and take full responsibility for having allowed this to happen.

We want to sincerely apologize to everyone at Ubisoft, the Assassin’s Creed team, the original artist, and our fans.

Naughty Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh5HV4iic1Y&feature=youtu.be

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like it was similar to what happened with the original ASR, remember when fan artwork got used instead of a picture of Amy? 

Odds are someone just used it as a placeholder and it slipped through in this version which was sent for trailer footage.

Although now that they're updated it, it allows for all the edits....

• Thumbs Up 5