Awoo.

100 DAYS OF HEAVY SNOW: Britain now facing worst winter in SIXTY YEARS warn forecasters

kimplix

ozze2eA.jpg

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/443462/Winter-2013-expected-to-be-worst-since-1947-with-heavy-and-persistent-snow-forecast-for-UK

The latest detailed forecasts for winter 2013 ALL point to months of relentless extreme cold with heavy snow likely across the country.

Arctic air will roar in from the North Pole later this week, triggering the start of the worst winter in many people's lifetimes.

Experts in long-range weather forecasting said the WHOLE of Britain should be prepared for this winter to be the most severe since 1947, which saw the UK hit by relentless snow and some of the lowest temperatures on record.

Well this is gonna be one hell of a freezing christmas (once again)

Bitch please, this is probably nothing compared to what some parts of Canada get.

Still wouldn't be surprised if a few hundred deaths occur if it really is this bad.

Because we are woefully unprepared for weather like this.

• Thumbs Up 5

Still wouldn't be surprised if a few hundred deaths occur if it really is this bad.

Because we are woefully unprepared for weather like this.

Yeah, I suppose Brittan wouldn't have the infrastructure to deal with heavy snowfall if they don't get it often.

Here in Canada we have snowploughs and stuff up the butt, we're ready for anything.

I'm going to be the unusually optimistic odd one out and say that if it means I actually get to see some snow where I live during the holiday season for the first time in my life, than bring on the snow. Oh who the hell am I kidding I'm not going to see a single snowflake in my location until January next year

• Thumbs Up 1

On the bright side it's an excuse to invite family over so you can stay indoors together.

I'm sure if everyone wears layers and avoids pubs (alcohol constricts blood flow, so it's a pretty good thing to drink if you're interested in frostbite) they'll be fine. Transportation is probably going to suck, though.

Well...at least it'll be a white Christmas.

*snows all melted by Christmas day*

...shit.

As a resident of Las Vegas I can attest to how trollish nature is on this front. One year we FINALLY got snow that didn't melt, and while it lasted a week, it was gone by Christmas Day. I was all "CURSE YOU NATURE, curse youuuuu!" Alas, one day I will move away from this sauna.

They say this every year though. I'm always having to take snow into consideration for my travels at this time of year, it'll be ok. Though I hope we get decent transport this time that doesn't close when one drop of snow falls on a road.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/9296/Sneeuw/article/detail/1739580/2013/11/13/Horrorwinter-is-spookverhaal.dhtml

It's not possible to make a good prediction from so far away, the press is just being a mediawhore. The sources are also unconfirmed.

Just wait until the time actually comes.

Edited by 王 Lelouch Lamperouge (Jin)

This happens every year; the tabloids make a huge fuss over a possible bad winter, making a mountain out of a molehill, and nothing ever comes of it.

• Thumbs Up 5

Hearing about this news makes me think of that horrifying memory I faced in second grade. At the time, I lived in Utah, the place where Mormons lurk, and being near the mountains, Utah gets snow during winter. One day, the snow was so heavy, people had a hard time driving. Driving was rather smooth at first... but then I got to my school. Since my school was on top of a hill, and since nobody in a vehicle could get on top of the hill, I was forced to get out of the car, and walk up the hill. It must have taken me a half hour to get up the hill, with all the snow getting in my face, and being pushed back due to the intense storm. After finally making it up to the school, I felt like I was frozen that day. My hands were shivering, my body trembling, and after a couple of days, got a very nasty cold in conjunction with the worst stomach virus I ever got. Since then, I've had a strong hatred towards snow and cold weather in general. Now you know why I hate snow, and hearing news of this frightens me so much. I hope the people there will be okay. 

Now you know why I hate snow, and hearing news of this frightens me so much. I hope the people there will be okay. 

They'll get a couple of inches from a few flurries and the entire country will shut down.

• Thumbs Up 4

They'll get a couple of inches from a few flurries and the entire country will shut down.

Sorry if I horribly misinterpret this, and I will, but I seriously hope that's a joke. If not... god damn it, weather patterns...

Wish we got snow here in Florida.

So how long before a pundit says this means global warming isn't real? 

Edited by Captain Fun

Sorry if I horribly misinterpret this, and I will, but I seriously hope that's a joke. If not... god damn it, weather patterns...

The UK treats an inch of snow like a catastrophe. It's not. It's a huge overreaction.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's like Toronto!

At least by making a huge deal about it people are still preparing for the worst. When I was a kid, we got about four feet of snow from a single storm in the span of two days -- worst snowfall that my grandparents remember.

I'm sick to death of snow stories. Every single year we're given one "we're all going to die because of the twenty feet of snow" story or another.

i'll believe it when I see it.

The UK treats an inch of snow like a catastrophe. It's not. It's a huge overreaction.

Oh, really? Okay, then. I tend to overreact about snow too, because of my massive phobia. ^_^;

Actually, we did get a snowy winter...2 years ago! Where I live in Cornwall roads were closed because of the ice and there were road accidents everywhere. It was very dangerous because of all the hills in this county and because we hardly get snow here unlike places like Wales and Scotland. We're not used to it!

We didn't get any snow last year but if we get it this year it either won't be a lot or it will be, like winter 2011. I hope we do just cos I want a proper White Christmas for once.

Actually, we did get a snowy winter...2 years ago! Where I live in Cornwall roads were closed because of the ice and there were road accidents everywhere. It was very dangerous because of all the hills in this county and because we hardly get snow here unlike places like Wales and Scotland. We're not used to it!

We didn't get any snow last year but if we get it this year it either won't be a lot or it will be, like winter 2011. I hope we do just cos I want a proper White Christmas for once.

It will have mated away by Christmas Day, always does.

At least it's nice to have it in those few days before during those late night shopping hours. I just find there something magical about i-OW MY COXICS. OW MY SHOPPING.

Edited by TheFatPanda

Hasn't it snowed heavily (by British standards, that is) in the first quarter of the year for the past few years?  I'd say I was getting used to it, but I recently moved farther north, so now I'm not sure what to expect.  This is Britain, though, so who ever knows what to expect from the weather?

I hope it's not too bad in early December.  The snow 2 years ago really inconvenienced my visit to my Mum and sister that christmas and last year I didn't have the time to go.  Was hoping to this year so having snow again would be a terrible bother.

Can I just point something out here.

The source of this is the Daily Express, who are kinda known for exaggerating and making up stuff and this seems to be no exception.

In fact the Daily Express posted the exact same news article on their website/pages almost a month ago.

Which was quickly debunked by both the Met Office and ITV News

So I checked the Met Office to see if there were any weather warnings... guess what? There are.

For Ice.

And it's only for 2 days next week, Tuesday and Wednesday, there is nothing regarding the rest of the month or December, in fact their 'Winter' period doesn't officially start until December, so they won't give out warnings for winter until December 1st.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings

• Thumbs Up 2

*Reads title...*

Quantic Dream presents... Heavy Rain special winter edition...

400px-EthanMars2011.jpg

HEAVY SNOW.

Jason? Jason! JAYSON! JAY-SON! JAYSON!

• Thumbs Up 7