Awoo.

100 DAYS OF HEAVY SNOW: Britain now facing worst winter in SIXTY YEARS warn forecasters

kimplix

The UK treats an inch of snow like a catastrophe. It's not. It's a huge overreaction.

The North doesn't anyway laugh.png No matter the weather we just get on with it.

iwasborndownsouthIamnotentirelyserious

Edited by Crime Boss Davros

If it does happen it won't be good if there are fuel shortages the Power companies have said they will put their bills up again. Wankers. dry.png  

Climate skeptics continue to fail to understand that individual seasonal weather patterns do not equate to proof one way or another of climate change, or a lack thereof.

Fools.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jesus, and here I thought 50 degrees (10 Celsius) was cold.

Welp, sucks to be you guys. *parties it up in the South*

Eeeeyup, I can see a few deaths coming out of this already. The 100 mph winds killed 4 people, so... I'm expecting some shit from this. Anyone have any info about the aftermath of the 1947 one, actually?

*prepares fluffy and warm coat*

tumblr_mfxok4ozO51rl6qe2o1_500.gif

fuck i wish this was me right now

Edited by Super Spindash

Again I think I should point out... this is likely bollocks.

The Met Office HAVE NOT issued any such warnings for december.

• Thumbs Up 3

How many times does the fact that this is likely not going to happen have to be posted for it to be understood

In any case, I'm not too bothered if it were to happen, I spend my winters almost all of the time indoors anyway.

Edited by 王 Lelouch Lamperouge (Jin)

From personal experience, 2010 was the only year to live up to any kind of expectation. All the snow that fell over the course of one morning was staggering (in Glasgow at least). We'll just need to wait and see what happens though this report at least has no chance of being right, aside from sheer coincidence.

*Reads title...*

Quantic Dream presents... Heavy Rain special winter edition...

400px-EthanMars2011.jpg

HEAVY SNOW.

Jason? Jason! JAYSON! JAY-SON! JAYSON!

I swear, that's exactly what I read it as.

I gotta say though...really? Only 100 days/through to February? Alright, that's less than what we usually get up north here.

England's lack of preparation when it comes to snow days is...well, we laugh at it. We had snow for about 3-4 months in the main city not even 2 years ago, we're due for snow on Tuesday, but nothing really comes to a halt. Aviemore experiences this sort of snow every year, it doesn't bother the Highlands despite being the most treacherous county in the UK, but maybe that's why it doesn't bother us; we're hardy.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's like Toronto!

At least by making a huge deal about it people are still preparing for the worst. When I was a kid, we got about four feet of snow from a single storm in the span of two days -- worst snowfall that my grandparents remember.

I recall us getting a storm like that years ago too. Heck, it may have been the same storm system you're thinking about, but you guys do tend to get more snow than us.

If we don't get a white Christmas this year, I will personally put Mother Nature's head through a table...or several forecasters'.

If we don't get a white Christmas this year, I will personally put Mother Nature's head through a table...or several forecasters'.

Huhhh? White Christmas days often mean we can't visit families because no transport on Christmas...

It is most depressing, especially when I couldn't have my grandfather over for Christmas for a lot of the times. He passed away a few years ago and I'm still saddened, especially when he was my Papa.

Can I just point something out here.

The source of this is the Daily Express, who are kinda known for exaggerating and making up stuff and this seems to be no exception.

In fact the Daily Express posted the exact same news article on their website/pages almost a month ago.

Which was quickly debunked by both the Met Office and ITV News

So I checked the Met Office to see if there were any weather warnings... guess what? There are.

For Ice.

And it's only for 2 days next week, Tuesday and Wednesday, there is nothing regarding the rest of the month or December, in fact their 'Winter' period doesn't officially start until December, so they won't give out warnings for winter until December 1st.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings

"Move along people, there's nothing to see here!"

You have a better chance of a hundred dollar bill falling from the sky than you have of getting snow around these parts.

Yeah, disregard it for tabloid crap if you want, but always prepare for the worst. Check on the elderly folks you know, make sure you've got all the stuff you need if everything does go tits up. I learned that the hard way last year when our entire area was cut off with snow. No power for a week. Thankfully we had a gas heater and a barbecue that ran on gas so we could at least cook something, but it was still pretty hard going.

Always be ready, it's nothing to shrug off.

Reminds me of a storm I believe happened a year ago in my hometown...

The mayor was aggressively stressing how this was 'DA MOTHER OF ALL STORMS' to happen in NYC in decades while tabloids and the media were hyping this up as all hell. In the end, while the media hype was silly in retrospect the amount of effort in making sure the elderly were tended to and parts of the city being protected was legit. Things would have turned out much worse otherwise.

The opposite of that happened a couple of years ago; the worst snowstorm NYC got hit with in a while. The city and its government weren't prepared for that. 

So yeah...I would stay on the safe side...juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust to be sure.

The good thing about living in Scotland is that even with all the shitty weather we get there's hardly ever any snow for some reason

Welp, it said it was gonna start today... absolutely nothing. Was actually boiling hot in my house this morning funny enough, and it's now 3:15 pm... so unless this is like the 100 mph winds were (6 am ~ 7:30 am iirc, I got woke up by the sound of my curtains getting pulled by the wind) then, I'm starting to speculate this could be bullcrap.

I thought the worst winter Britain's ever had was like, 1979 or something, anyway?

Edited by Super Spindash

The good thing about living in Scotland is that even with all the shitty weather we get there's hardly ever any snow for some reason

I'm sure you mean "good thing about living in the lowlands of Scotland" because up here in the Grampians and the Highlands, we get TONS of snow yearly. Some people in the likes of Aviemore end up getting so much on the lowest lying point that they can't get out of their houses.

Speaking of, woke up this morning and there's an inch on the lowest ground, 5 inches on the highest. It's pretty normal here.

Edited by Mogtaki

I'm sure you mean "good thing about living in the lowlands of Scotland" because up here in the Grampians and the Highlands, we get TONS of snow yearly.

I guess, yeah.

Sometimes I feel upset about hardly ever getting any snow around here, but then snow does fall and I remember how cold and slippery and wet it all is. One or two days a year is enough for me, thank you very much