Awoo.

[FANFICTION] Christmas at the Eggman Empire

Dr. Mechano

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJk
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I love it. Very heartwarming.

My only quibble is Omega is made out to be a bit... blood-lusty... I don't think Omega doesn't want to kill Eggman (despite ShTH, but everyone was off in that game). He just wants to fight him and prove he's better than him.

Apart from that, everything is dead on. Gave me Sonic X vibes for some reason, but I mean that in a good way.

• Thumbs Up 4

You made me like Cubot and Orbot. I don't know how you succeeded in such a feat, but you did.

Congratulations, Doctor.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Bah! Hum-Motobug, [...]"

That's when I scrolled down and liked the post.

Seriously though, this was really well done. Orbot and Cubot standing up to Omega of all robots and even...well, sort-of defeating him (even if it meant giving up the Emerald) was impressive. And Eggman giving them the day off on Christmas put a smile on my face.

• Thumbs Up 4

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I love it. Very heartwarming.

My only quibble is Omega is made out to be a bit... blood-lusty... I don't think Omega doesn't want to kill Eggman (despite ShTH, but everyone was off in that game). He just wants to fight him and prove he's better than him.

Apart from that, everything is dead on. Gave me Sonic X vibes for some reason, but I mean that in a good way.

Ah, thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I agree that ShTH made everyone kind of... off, yes. Though I remember Omega seeming to want Eggman "destroyed" according to his own words in Sonic Heroes as well. In 2K6, he seemed pretty unconcerned with Eggman though, so I definitely see what you mean.

One thing I loved about Sonic X (flawed though it was) was Eggman's relationship with Decoe, Bocoe, and Bokkun. The team had a lot of camaraderie and mutual respect, and really did seem to function as a familial unit (the Sonic X comics crank this up to eleven, devoting some entire stories to Eggman and his minions). So while I like Orbot and Cubot better as characters, I was very much inspired by Eggman's relationship with the X robots, yeah.

You made me like Cubot and Orbot. I don't know how you succeeded in such a feat, but you did.

Congratulations, Doctor.

I'm flattered to hear that.

Of course, I realize these two aren't for everyone (no character is), but I'm really glad I portrayed them in a way that you enjoyed!

That's when I scrolled down and liked the post.

Seriously though, this was really well done. Orbot and Cubot standing up to Omega of all robots and even...well, sort-of defeating him (even if it meant giving up the Emerald) was impressive. And Eggman giving them the day off on Christmas put a smile on my face.

Heehee, I was rather pleased with that line too, I must admit.

Omega's definitely an imposing opponent. Defeating him head-on wouldn't work, so I wanted to make them resort to quick-thinking and ingenuity, even if - like you said - it resulted in losing the thing they came there for.

And again, I'm glad it made you smile! I was definitely aiming for heartwarming feelings with this one, so I'm glad that - in your case - I succeeded!

This fanfic offends me.

Please don't take this seriously.

FcPT9S2.png

thanks crusher

I didn't, don't worry~ =D

• Thumbs Up 1