Awoo.

ARTWORK: D'aaaaw, the Panda thinks it can draw :D

Big Panda

Oh wow, these are pretty friggin amazing omfg how do people art

Some really awesome stuff here dude I love your style, it's super expressive and colourful, even the images that don't have colour

• Thumbs Up 1

I've taken a good look a your thread...and I have been offended.

I see some very nice drawings, excellent use of colors and shading for both traditional and digital coloring, but where is the shit you promised?

This title is misleading!

• Thumbs Up 1

I've taken a good look a your thread...and I have been offended.

I see some very nice drawings, excellent use of colors and shading for both traditional and digital coloring, but where is the shit you promised?

This title is misleading!

At first I was like "oh no what'd I do...?"

Then I just lol'd.

The "shit" is the colouring quality :P

Edited by TheFatPanda

• 4 weeks later...

Realize I really should try drawing more, but the lack of inspiration and um, skillz, makes it kinda hard... dry.png

Wonder if it's the small details or the large curves in a draw that makes it too complicated... unsure.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh god, Espurr/ Nyasper. mellow.png Are they liquefied souls being levitated out of its bowl? D: 

Newest pic is really cute. :) Out of curiosity, how do you currently draw your stuff? (i.e. what level of traditional versus digital, or does it vary on a case-by-case basis?) As someone who's only recently made the jump to doing most of my stuff in Photoshop, it's kind of interesting to know. happy.png

Also, are you saving things as JPGs? I think I can spot a bot of JPG compression in the newest picture. Personally I stopped using JPG a while ago since it does blur things a bit, especially around edges. I find PNG much nicer, keeps the image nice and clean. You might want to try it out if you can. :)

It's milk. Just milk.

I do all of my lineart traditionally (pencil and inks on paper). I scan it in and colour digitally (I use Corel Painter), that is if I can be bothered to make that kind of effort. My black and white stuff is still touched up in Corel at least. The traditionally coloured stuff you see up there is some of my earlier work from before I got my tablet.

I'll be sure to try PNG next time. Cheers :)

Ahh, tablets. My brother has one, I did try it out and I'm sure there's a learning curve, but I found it a weird jump. D: But yeah, I still pencil things traditionally then import them (usually by using a 'scanner' app on my phone- it basically just takes a photo and tweaks the brightness and contrast to make it easier to work with as a scan) and then ink and colour in Photoshop. 

Up until a month or so ago I still inked traditionally as well. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Your work is exceedingly brilliant Panda. I especially like your usage of cross-hatching, which makes me think of daily strip comics like Calvin and Hobbes. Keep up the good work!

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish I could hang your artwork in my room and not seem like a creep! Amazing job and please don't ever stop drawing!

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish I could hang your artwork in my room and not seem like a creep! Amazing job and please don't ever stop drawing!

I don't mind, lol :P