Awoo.

Brad

It's jarring to see in English but I enjoyed it. I actually didn't imagine Mikasa with that much passion in her voice when she spoke that scene, but it works.

I don't see what's wrong with the supporting characters. I just think that we are too used to the Japanese voice acting.

Someone needs to combine the dub clips and the Japanese VA in one video for comparison.

Mikasa's voice is pretty different from the original but I don't think I mind it. At fist I thought it was just bad acting but then I guess that's kind of the point. She's trying to act tough and block everything out like usual when in reality she's broken up inside, and it shows in her voice. It's a different interpretation but not necessarily a bad one.

Looking at the cast list she does have a talented voice actor so I'm sure she'll hold up in the other scenes just fine.

Moar new voices. First time hearing Armin, Reiner, Annie and Marco. Armin is surprisingly good, Mikasa's voice is starting to grow on me, Reiner, Annie and Marco are perfect, Jean still sucks

So we have more cast announcements made.

Levi - Matthew Mercer

Petra - Caitlin Glass

Hange - Jessica Calvello

Daz - Brad Venable

Bertholdt - David Matranga

Franz - James Chandler

Rico - Morgan Garrett

Pyxis - R Bruce Elliott

Nack - Will Short 

I have nothing else to say... oh wait, video footage of the dub, silly me, here ya go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF3zqC3iUBQ

Not that I mind his voice at all but I to be honest I would've thought liam o' brien would be the perfect role for levi.

A rumour suggests that Season 2 will be in production at the end of the year. So we shouldn't see anything new until next year.

Japan is embracing normal seasons on their big named titles? That makes me shed a tear.

That clip sold it for me. Excellent casting. Armin is absolutely spot-on too.

That'll be Josh Grelle doing the voice of Armin. He is another veteran.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/03/22/introducing-the-voice-of-eren-jaeger-in-attack-on-titan?utm_medium=TwitterBlog&utm_campaign=AttackOnTitanCast&utm_source=AttackOnTitanSOCIALMEDIA&utm_nooverride=1

Eren's voice actor has been confirmed and it is...Bryce Papenbrook!

Er, I don't actually know this guy or how good he is, but kudos for going with a not so well known voice actor! Hope he does a great job!

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the voice cast of Attack on Titan! The best one is Armin, and I think the only one that's weird is Levi because he sounds really manly. I actually might rewatch the series soon just to watch the dub. =]

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/03/22/introducing-the-voice-of-eren-jaeger-in-attack-on-titan?utm_medium=TwitterBlog&utm_campaign=AttackOnTitanCast&utm_source=AttackOnTitanSOCIALMEDIA&utm_nooverride=1

Eren's voice actor has been confirmed and it is...Bryce Papenbrook!

Er, I don't actually know this guy or how good he is, but kudos for going with a not so well known voice actor! Hope he does a great job!

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the voice cast of Attack on Titan! The best one is Armin, and I think the only one that's weird is Levi because he sounds really manly. I actually might rewatch the series soon just to watch the dub. =]

I know him from Dissidia, Durarara and Blue Exorcist, he did Zidane Tribal, Masaomi Kida and Rin Okumura respectively.

...Oh, and Kirito in Sword Art Online, but never watched that after the bad reception of the second arc but ya know...

Fun fact: his hidden name in credits is "Dick Smallberries Jr". I swear, that's hilarious to me.

He also did Asbel in tales of graces f, can't wait to hear him in this one, he seems to be getting a good bit more roles lately.

I'm sad because everybody is focusing on Eren and ignoring that this is also our first time hearing Bertolt :(

Is there a place where we can watch it?

Not unless someone takes a video of it from Anime Boston. That's where its premiere is.

A few things about their equipment...

They put those dashes on their blades because they're disposable blades, but they ignored why actual utility knives have those dashes: So the spent part of the blade can be snapped off.  The blades they use are discarded all of a piece, they shouldn't be scored.  

The inability to release a cable also seems like a bit of an oversight.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Toonami trailer. 

Rather excited to start watching this on Toonami starting next week.