Awoo.

Brad

I was not ready for that Hollywood style narration. LMAO. I didn't even know trailers still had narration. Does Adult Swim in the US do this kind of thing with anime often?

Who are they marketing this towards? Holy shit. The VA sounded okay though.

So, who caught first episode of the English Dub? Thought it was pretty great myself. True to the original source material and some great voice acting that was delivered on point. Sad they cut the intro down but other than that, looking forward to the next one.

...They cut the intro down...?

THEY CUT IT DOWN??

Why the HELL did they do that? Did they think it was full of spoilers or something and people would get angry at that?

If they do that on the DVD/Blu-ray, I'd be pissed.

• Thumbs Up 2

US television has less air time available for shows than Japan usually. Toonami/AS has been doing this for years to accommodate for the commercial breaks. It's better to cut/edit the OP/ED than the actual episodes.

Alright calm down guys. I saw this and apparently the opening was cut due to a bug, but next week they'll have the full thing up.

10341483_292510747592473_343704808350184

Well I'd rather then cut the outro then the intro lol. And it's because US television has less tolerance for long openings and closings that these things get cut sometimes.  

Can't say that explains the outro which was also cut short.

Live with that. Something must be cut for time.

Live with that. Something must be cut for time.

If you're new to the series, they could at least have one episode with it in full and then cut the rest, like what Cartoon Network originally used to do for new shows. They'd have the full outro before cutting it short.

If you're new to the series, they could at least have one episode with it in full and then cut the rest, like what Cartoon Network originally used to do for new shows. They'd have the full outro before cutting it short.

This isn't Cartoon Network. This is Adult Swim; a low budgeted network that thrives on advertisements.

This isn't Cartoon Network. This is Adult Swim; a low budgeted network that thrives on advertisements.

I was using it as an example.

I could had said Disney or Nickelodeon, but can't say people watched those channels as much as CN when it was fair good.

Anyone read the newest chapter? Things be gettin SERIOUS now. :P

Oh boy the dub is available online now! Time to watch this series for a 3rd time.

EDIT: OK, just watched it. I loved it. I'm still not getting used to the cut opening/ending but whatever.

So I watched Episode 1 of AoT dubbed on Toonami and then watched the sub on Crunchyroll. So far I think I might like it subbed better, but I'll give it more time to make a definitive judgement. The dub's definitively solid though, and so far by no means a bad option if you like subs. In terms of the show itself I'm quite enjoying it so far and am awaiting seeing episode 2 this Saturday. 

Also....

*drops mic*

• Thumbs Up 2

I think we should wait for when the characters become teens before really judging the actors performance, because I feel that's the lowest point of this last episode. 

And OMG, that Goofy song! I'm dying!

Okay, so I promised myself I'd give this show another chance when the English dub comes out and hooooollllyyyy crap! Can someone please punch me for hating on this show before? I mean, holy shit this is amazing.

When I first watched this series it was with a friend I knew and let's say he didn't shut up about how awesome Attack on Titan is so I didn't fully pay attention when I saw the Japanese dub. So I thought then that it's nothing special and I didn't watch the rest of the series because quite frankly, it bored me. Now I'm not sure if I go back to the Japanese dub now I'll find it as enjoyable, heck my opinions may rest the same for that version. But I'm here to talk about the English dub.

So I just finished watching the first episode of the English dub and I was blown away. The voice acting is magnificent! I don't see why people complain to be honest. The actors put so much emotion into their acting. What I found a "meh" moment in the Japanese dub (when Eren's mom died), I found absolutely tear jerking in the English dub. And the other voices as a whole I found to be very appropriate and fitting for the characters. Now from what I read and heard from people is that in the second episode they grow up, so I assume we can expect different voice acting. I sure hope it's just as amazing as the first episode. Also speaking of voice acting, is that Richard Steven Horvitz I hear playing Eren? Or maybe it's someone else? It sounds a lot like him to be honest. Anyway, consider me on board! I'll definitely be downloading the latest episode each week from here on out.

Yeah I will agree that the English dub felt like it had more emotion put into it. I loved it in Japanese, but I actually prefer the dub quite a lot for this show.

Also speaking of voice acting, is that Richard Steven Horvitz I hear playing Eren? Or maybe it's someone else? It sounds a lot like him to be honest. Anyway, consider me on board! I'll definitely be downloading the latest episode each week from here on out.

Bryce Paperbrook voices Eren. If you've ever seen Sword Art Online in English, you may recognize him as the voice of Kirito. Also he plays the main protagonist in Blue Exorcist. 

Edit: Ur2slow Visionary

(lol jk)

So I just finished watching the first episode of the English dub and I was blown away. The voice acting is magnificent! I don't see why people complain to be honest. The actors put so much emotion into their acting. What I found a "meh" moment in the Japanese dub (when Eren's mom died), I found absolutely tear jerking in the English dub. And the other voices as a whole I found to be very appropriate and fitting for the characters. Now from what I read and heard from people is that in the second episode they grow up, so I assume we can expect different voice acting. I sure hope it's just as amazing as the first episode. Also speaking of voice acting, is that Richard Steven Horvitz I hear playing Eren? Or maybe it's someone else? It sounds a lot like him to be honest. Anyway, consider me on board! I'll definitely be downloading the latest episode each week from here on out.

Bryce Papenbrook, voice of Kirito in Sword Art Online.

edit: Ninja'd

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit! They changed the "my faith in humanity" line! dry.png

Some lines may not work as well with mouth flaps and such.

I've pretty much just binge-watched the entire Subbed version in two days! XD

Um... it's pretty good, I like the animation, and I like the rather European-looking towns and cities; kinda reminds me of Prague! biggrin.png

A few issues though; um, yeah giants that eat people I get it.. but it comes off as a little creepy, these Titans are basically child-like giant nude people who are into vore. I can't help but feel a bit uncomfortable about that; it would be better if the Titans needed to eat people and as such, after 100 years of living off scraps and the occasional town of people who perhaps didn't make it into the walled areas, they are just as desperate as the humans to survive... Anyways, I get that  there is a lot more to the Titans than has been revealed, I guess the problem is my own.

Another issue I have is that a single episode spends far too much time on soliloquies and expository dialogue, so sometimes not much will happen in a particular episode and I'm left feeling a bit bored. :s More action and less angsty speeches would be better IMO.

The fighting is kinda cool, flying around on steam-powered wires! biggrin.png Kinda reminds me of those giant swings that work using bungee cords! XD Although I wonder how they can be so agile with those massive holsters for their swords!

I'm interested to see what's in the basement; it was presented in the first episode, I think as a plot point and we're still nowhere near to finding out. And my understanding is it will be several years before another series can be attempted.

Oh yeah, and Rogue Titan totes looks like Raziel! tongue.png

Speaking of Season 2, wasn't there a rumor that it would happen next year or something? Any more word on that?