Awoo.

Brad

I just read that there's not enough content from the manga to start another series.... O.o Not sure if anyone can confirm?

Speaking of Season 2, wasn't there a rumor that it would happen next year or something? Any more word on that?

It was an April Fools, but you never know, honestly.

The story line hasn't really progressed all that much in the manga to make a 2nd season happen. There have been a few REALLY good moments, but I feel like if they made a new season right now based on where the manga is at, it would leave a lot to be desired. 

I really do hope they make another season soon though, I've been on the edge reading the manga and it has not disappointed me at all at this point. :)

A one cour season could work well with the available content. Although I'd rather they just wait another year or two to build up lots of material.

You'd think it'd be silly not to make a season 2 considering the material they have in the manga now and the giant popularity it gained. Plus there's a feature movie happening, so.

A season 2 may start production after the movie. I would assume that they'd want to give the manga time to get ahead and use the movie to jump start a second hype craze.

There's no doubt that multiple seasons will happen, it's just a question of when. I feel like they will at the very least announce a second season before the end of this year.

Yeah, I would hope they at least announce it this year or at the beginning of next year so it can happen in 2016. Hopefully at that point there'd be enough manga material. Or they could diverge from the manga......they could pull an FMA03 and try to take the story in a different direction with the original creator's approval...maybe if they did that they wouldn't have to have the pacing issues that I assume they brought over from the manga. 

Yeah pacing is my one big problem with this show. I'm enjoying it quite a lot and it's a great series but I feel it would have been incredible/made my list of faves if not for this one big hangup (I'm on Episode 21 BTW). 

• Thumbs Up 1

They could make season 2 13 episodes instead of 26, so they wouldn't have to stretch as much. Yes; less episodes but better pacing.

They could make season 2 13 episodes instead of 26, so they wouldn't have to stretch as much. Yes; less episodes but better pacing.

I'd actually be okay with this. I'd rather have 13 amazing episodes then 26 great ones with pacing issues. 

As long as they don't pull an Inuyasha the Final Act, then I will be happy. That series was unbelievably rushed. 

I think either making season two thirteen episodes long, or doing what FMA 03 did and just not follow the manga at all (for better or for worse) would be a great way to solve the pacing issues that Attack on Titan does indeed suffer from. It's my only major problem with this series, seriously. >>

So, I just finished this series subbed.

You don't know how refreshing it is to see something like this among the anime that comes out nowadays. Attack On Titan is a great series, but I feel if it wasn't held back by one key glaring flaw, the pacing, it could have been incredible and probably would have made my favorites list. There's a few stupid moments but I can easily forgive those, unlike how slow it moves at times. It's like certain episodes, nothing happens and then there's an episode where everything happens. They aren't good at dividing their material. That being said the series has tons of positive merits such as an amazing soundtrack, amazing animation, great characters, engaging world-building and a plot with several twists you won't see coming. IMO the one big negative is far outweighed by the several big positives. So now, I patiently await season 2 (considering the popularity of this series and how many unresolved plotlines there are there has to be). Oh yeah and I am still in the process of catching the dub on Toonami and so far it's surprisingly solid and good. 

(Also seriously the 2nd OP's amazing and just as good as the ever-famous first why do people hate it like seriously you have an anime with 2 amazing openings why do you hate one fanbase)

tumblr_msrx8yZgpA1sapjiqo1_400.gif

Levi for best character kthanksbye

• Thumbs Up 3

(Also seriously the 2nd OP's amazing and just as good as the ever-famous first why do people hate it like seriously you have an anime with 2 amazing openings why do you hate one fanbase)

I've heard some say it's the oversaturation of German mixed with Japanese, but that's only 'some' and otherwise I have no idea because I think it's awesome too.

I'm not sure if red text means anything here (like yellow = sarcasm on STCO) but I know what you mean by the pacing, sometimes an episode would be really boring followed by one that was action!action!action! all the way through. :/

Also I think the themes are sooo OTT, they could have been composed by Muse! XD But I like the German thrown in there, as I actually have a chance of understanding it! biggrin.png Also with names like Jäger, Reiner and Ackermann being thrown around, and the European style of the cities it's pretty clear the setting is somewhere in mid-Europe, so the German is kinda fitting.

I'm not sure if red text means anything here (like yellow = sarcasm on STCO) but I know what you mean by the pacing, sometimes an episode would be really boring followed by one that was action!action!action! all the way through. :/

Also I think the themes are sooo OTT, they could have been composed by Muse! XD But I like the German thrown in there, as I actually have a chance of understanding it! biggrin.png Also with names like Jäger, Reiner and Ackermann being thrown around, and the European style of the cities it's pretty clear the setting is somewhere in mid-Europe, so the German is kinda fitting.

Nah, my red text means nothing special. It's just that the text color formatting screwed up so I had to make everything a color that was easy to see on most skins.

I actually prefer the second opening, and I think I prefer the dub for this show. Episode 1 was FAR more emotional for me when it was dubbed.

Also, YES, DAT LEVI SPINDASH!

A new clip of the dub has been released. If you're watching on Toonami this is ahead of where Toonami is so don't watch it if you don't want spoilers. 

I'm not sure how I feel about Bryce's execution of the scene that starts at roughly 1:40......

I'm going to Japan in exactly 1 month, I wonder how much AOT stuff I will be seeing there. XD

I'm going to Japan in exactly 1 month, I wonder how much AOT stuff I will be seeing there. XD

Surprisingly not much.

Doraemon will be EVERYWHERE, though.

Hajime Isayama's Attack on Titan manga sold 8,342,268 copies to rank #1 among comic series in Oricon's sales chart for the first half of 2014. In doing so, it ended One Piece's five-year reign (2009-2013) as the top-selling comic series in the same period. One Piece sold 4,936,855 copies at #2.

Isayama commented that he only imagined being #1 on Oricon as a once-in-a-lifetime dream. He thanked all his readers for making Attack on Titan #1.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-01/attack-on-titan-manga-tops-one-piece-in-half-year-sales/.75118

This is a great feat. While it's true, One Piece still sold more with a single volume, making the top list of Oricon is no easy feat. 

Thank god that one of the Big 3 members is getting knocked down a peg. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So for those who didn't know, Kissanime.com has dubbed episodes all the way up to episode 13. I have no idea how that actually happened, but they're up there.

Before the dvd/bluray is even released. That's piracy of a dirty level. I hope Funimation shuts that down fast. And I hope they find the rat responsible for this.

I noticed it on another website too and wondered where they could have got it from; it's the entire first half of the series out there. I thought only three episodes had aired?