Awoo.

Brad

I noticed it on another website too and wondered where they could have got it from; it's the entire first half of the series out there. I thought only three episodes had aired?

There's a rat in Funimation, or a rat in a retailer. These things happen when certain retailers get shit early. One of their employees is a rat who steals a copy and sends files to their pirate friends. This happens with manga all the time, even before volumes are officially released. It's one of the crutches of physical copies these days.

Well, I won't watch these. I may be boy scouting this, but this is one of the biggest releases of the year and for some assholes to spoil the fun like this by taking away from FUNi's sales. I like those actors and the hard work they do.

They most likely received an early copy from a retailer like RightStuf that has been known for shipping products really early; sometimes even a month in advance. This gave them plenty of time to rip and upload the episodes.

I really hate Eren's voice. His actor tries so hard to sound "edgy" or whatever and it's like he's constantly growling and it just does not fit. I thought Levi and Jean were trying too hard to sound cool but Eren is just flat-out impossible to take seriously.

I don't like Eren's scream when

he's in Titan mode.

It's not as deep as the Japanese version...which is a shame because in the Japanese version you could really feel the power. It's too light in the dub.

I'm back on this thread. And erm, wow I see a few negative opinions here. Just when I was about to praise this show more. :L Whatever, I'm still going.

So yeah the Blu-Ray got released yesterday in the States, huh? Well I'm still watching the weekly airings on CN. As of now it's on episode 5 I believe. Yeah, episode 6 will air on Saturday right? Unless I missed an episode. But I wanted to talk about my opinions on the show up to episode 5.

The show has managed to get a lot more intense than I thought it would. Consider me surprised and impressed by the quality of the show. Watching the English dub, I've become very fond of Eren's voice. I actually like how overly edgy he his, and heck, it's probably why I love his voice in the dub so much. I dunno, something about him getting so pissed and dropping those insults is just something I really like about the guy. 

In terms of writing of episodes I just love love looove Sasha. Or as everyone in the show calls her, potato girl. Once she got introduced I think a nice amount of comedy entered the show. It was that little "umph" it needed to make me really enjoy it. Now I feel there's a nice balance in the writing with her. 

Now what I really want to talk about is episode 5 because holy crap. The ending.

Eren got freaking wrecked by that titan. I was on the edge of my seat that episode. He's piratically dead at this point. I'm very curious to see how the next episodes play out. I mean, we're only on episode 5! That's hardly halfway through. 

My love for this show is starting to grow. Heck, I may consider buying the Blu-Ray. The only thing that throws me off is the price on those things. Ah well, anime is always a little pricey.

• 2 weeks later...

Few weeks back my friends convinced me to watch the anime (first one I've watched since Pokemon :P) and I liked it quite a lot. Ever since I've been thinking about getting the manga but I have a question.

Are characters more developed? Eren and Mikasa really pissed me off in the anime because they seemed so flat in comparison to Armin. Eren didn't really go beyond 'KILL ALL TITANS! REVUNG' and I feel like Mikasa needed more inner monologues. Does the manga goes more in-depth with these characters?

In the latest Toonami episode, when Armin was in hysterical tears, I was ready to tear up myself. He just sounded so broken. Incredible acting thus far; the script itself could use some work, but the actors are really giving it all they've got with this project.

In the latest Toonami episode, when Armin was in hysterical tears, I was ready to tear up myself. He just sounded so broken. Incredible acting thus far; the script itself could use some work, but the actors are really giving it all they've got with this project.

Yeah I agree. Funimation has some really stellar voice acting, and especially in Attack on Titan. The series has made me tear up a small number of times and it's all due to the amazing voicework. Also, regarding spoilers to the show.

Umm this may seem like a dumb question, but is Eren dead?! I mean, seriously it's kinda a shame if he did die so early on in the series. Sure, he got eaten up but... he's still the face of the show. But if he is gone for good then holy crap. This show knows how to make a good tragedy. Also in terms of titans, that new titan. Holy cow is he a monster. His scream is like a dinosaur.

Oh and one issue I never really reported is the sound mixing in the Funimation version. I don't know why but whenever I watch this show the sound effects and screams seem to be significantly louder than the voices and I find myself constantly changing the volume on my TV. Not sure if this is my TV being crap or it's just bad sound mixing, but I think it's the latter. Because when I watch other shows, the audio is a lot more balanced out.

Yeah I agree. Funimation has some really stellar voice acting, and especially in Attack on Titan. The series has made me tear up a small number of times and it's all due to the amazing voicework. Also, regarding spoilers to the show.

Umm this may seem like a dumb question, but is Eren dead?! I mean, seriously it's kinda a shame if he did die so early on in the series. Sure, he got eaten up but... he's still the face of the show. But if he is gone for good then holy crap. This show knows how to make a good tragedy. Also in terms of titans, that new titan. Holy cow is he a monster. His scream is like a dinosaur.

Oh and one issue I never really reported is the sound mixing in the Funimation version. I don't know why but whenever I watch this show the sound effects and screams seem to be significantly louder than the voices and I find myself constantly changing the volume on my TV. Not sure if this is my TV being crap or it's just bad sound mixing, but I think it's the latter. Because when I watch other shows, the audio is a lot more balanced out.

No. Don't open this if you don't want to be spoiled.

No he's not dead. He'll return in his titan form and wreck house.

Sooooo no one knows anything about a new season yet? Gosh, this is the one anime I want them to continue. Yet it's short.

During Saturday's episode, we got to see/hear the Titan-killing titan, or (SPOILERS IN TAG)

Eren's titan form, as people who have watched before would know 

And I have to say I don't like how it's roar sounds compared to the sub. In Japanese it sounds way more powerful to me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

During Saturday's episode, we got to see/hear the Titan-killing titan, or (SPOILERS IN TAG)

And I have to say I don't like how it's roar sounds compared to the sub. In Japanese it sounds way more powerful to me. 

I read the spoiler and... OH. MY. GOD. Everything makes sense now. Wait a minute, does that mean

When people die they become titans? And that's how they're born and why there are so many of them increasing in population? Because of all those soldiers who died fighting? Holy cow. And if Eren is a titan now, and 

still wants to get revenge, does that mean titans can control their thoughts? Or perhaps Eren is just so powerful, he's the only one who can? Man oh man there are so many questions and I'm so hyped for it. Can't wait to see the rest of the series. Which I shall do next week, when I'm not so busy. 

When people die they become titans? And that's how they're born and why there are so many of them increasing in population? Because of all those soldiers who died fighting? Holy cow. And if Eren is a titan now, and 

still wants to get revenge, does that mean titans can control their thoughts? Or perhaps Eren is just so powerful, he's the only one who can? Man oh man there are so many questions and I'm so hyped for it. Can't wait to see the rest of the series. Which I shall do next week, when I'm not so busy. 

A few big manga spoilers. You've been warned:

• There are four titan shifters we know of so far. You've met them all.
  • Eren can't always control his Titan form, and the full mystery behind it hasn't been revealed. 
  • Titans are certainly implied to be morphed from humans - Connie saw his mother in a titan, lying on where his home once stood. 
  • There's a Giant Ape titan that's implied to be the key to the mysteries behind titans. He can control them... and so can another titan shifter.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone a fan of Game Grumps? Either way I feel this accurately sums up the series. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Exactly! Completely agree. What I really want to know is

how the female titan sounds like

• 8 months later...

Remember that live action movie they were making? First teaser is up.

Narration: Over one hundred years ago… Half of humanity was eaten by the titans that suddenly appeared… The humanity that remained created a giant wall, and lived peacefully.
Text: Anticipated by the whole world!!
Text: Live-action film green-lit!
Mikasa: The world is cruel…
Eren: If we mess up, that’s the end for humanity.
Title: Attack on Titan
Text: The attack begins on August 1!
  • Thumbs Up 2

Err wow, from those quick glances in the teaser it does look pretty decent. o__o The CGI is especially impressive. Hmm, could be good!

I have to agree with what others have said so far, it does look pretty decent! Maybe the movie won't be so bad after all.

• 4 weeks later...

o_____o I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight...

Is that an actual official product? Because it looks like a fake to me!

Well uh.............................................................................................................................................................................................................. I got nothing.