Awoo.

Problem with likes - "Why should you unlike something you like? You should Like it forever!"

Spin Attaxx

I have this issue too. I used to notice it only with JezMM's posts, so I thought he was just magical like that. Nope, it's the same for everyone else. 

It's kind of awkward because you give someone a thumbs up, and then you suddenly change your mind and you can't undo it. It's like, you now eternally approve of that one thing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I noticed that a couple of days ago. I liked to post by mistake and couldn't undo it. I didn't really think much of it at the time, although I did briefly freak-out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have had that issue as well. Sometimes, I click on like by accident because of my laptop's touch pad having severe sensibility. If i even barely touch it it clicks on stuff.....  so yeah, I totally agree.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I've noticed this too. The unlike button appears, but only immediately after liking it (specifically, before a page refresh). It hasn't affected me too greatly as the option is still there to unlike a post that you liked by accident (assuming you don't leave or refresh the page), but I'd still prefer to be able to unlike a post at any time. Perhaps it's just a simple misconfiguration with the recent update?

• Thumbs Up 1

I've never noticed this myself but then I am a man of commitment.

I wonder if the OP has a popular star because everyone used it to test out the glitch and found out it was true.

I have this issue too. I used to notice it only with JezMM's posts, so I thought he was just magical like that. Nope, it's the same for everyone else.

Oh haha yeah I didn't rig my like buttons or anything like that must be a glitch hahah >u>

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 8

It's kind of awkward because you give someone a thumbs up, and then you suddenly change your mind and you can't undo it. It's like, you now eternally approve of that one thing. 

If its sudden, just unlike the status before the page refresh.

Whenever I like a status, I'm given the option to unlike it immediately. I've personally never had an issue where I've liked a status and then waited until later to come back and unlike it.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's weird... I don't ever recall this happening before.

Is this a recent change or something? I have been lurking for quite a while, after all... Maybe that would explain something

It's really not too much of an issue, I guess.. Though even a minor issue is an issue, I'd presume. It's something I can personally live with, but if there's nothing else to fix, I guess this might be a good thing to work on; assuming it's possible, anyway.

Yeah I mentioned this a few days back as well. I wondered if it was a glitch or intentional so that people won't just blindly like someone's post

I've been told that this has come with the board update, and I really REALLY hate it.

If this isn't fixed soon I might just lose my grip on reality.

• Thumbs Up 1

When I tried liking your post, an error message popped up. I've never had a problem with liking things as far as I know of, but I can't sure, since I rarely unlike things. Is anyone else having error messages pop up when you try and like a post?

When I tried liking your post, an error message popped up. I've never had a problem with liking things as far as I know of, but I can't sure, since I rarely unlike things. Is anyone else having error messages pop up when you try and like a post?

I very often am encountering an error message when liking a post, but when I refresh the page, the Like appears to have gone through for me anyway. ^^;

Also, I am unable to unlike posts as well (not that I tend to unlike posts at all). This must be a very recent thing?

I very often am encountering an error message when liking a post, but when I refresh the page, the Like appears to have gone through for me anyway. ^^;

Thanks! I just saw that the like was registered. Maybe it was just overload?

I think I've just fixed this issue for member groups. Working on the moderation groups now.

Let me know if it still acts up.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I've just fixed this issue for member groups. Working on the moderation groups now.

Let me know if it still acts up.

It still doesn't seem to be working on my end.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder to whoever has the power to fix it, this is still a problem. The unlike button has reappeared for me once or twice, but that's probably due to some page loading anomaly.

• 3 months later...

jzSrdFu.png

Just a reminder that this is still a problem. Unless it's become a permanent feature to stop troublemakers or something :U

A different problem, but does anyone else see that sometimes, you like a post and it seems to take a while to process it? This isn't dial-up I'm operating on, either, so I don't know what it is.

I understand if it's for posts, especially when other posts are made as you make yours, but this? I don't know.

Again, this only happens some of the time, but it's still annoying.