Awoo.

Dissidia Final Fantasy 3-ish (new title, Arcade only for now)

Teoskaven

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/18/dissidia-theatrhythm-designed-introduce-final-fantasy-new-generation-fans/#TyFgQTuTWfRRh5Bz.99

Hichiro Hamaza, one of the main guys that worked on the 2 previous Dissidia games stated that they want to make another one "and they intend to do so" (maybe it's a confirmation and we will see something at E3?).

Both Dissidia and Dissidia 012 were really damn good games: while the plot was slightly cheesy and full of fanservice and 012 was basically a Super Street Fighter IV version of the original game, it worked and it's actually well done plotwise and gameplaywise for a crossover game, with all sorts of references to the games involved (even the more obscure ones, like Tactics Advance).

And of course, i really loved the 2 previous games, so obviously, i'm really excited about this: hopefully there will be more news soon.

In the meantime, speculations. On what platform you think it can be released? What new characters and arenas you think there will be? Will all be keeped from the previous games or something will be discharged/changed? Will the gameplay still be the same or there will be some major changes to that?

In any case, let this hype train start its course.

Hopefully it'll be made for a platform that isn't already a dying breed. The PSP game came out after most developers abandoned the handheld and then they followed it up with yet another title on the handheld.

It's probably on Vita all the same so most of us will never play it.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's probably on Vita all the same so most of us will never play it.

It will probably be on the Vita, so people actually buy it.

Ah shit, please be on 3DS. I loved the games to death on PSP but I don't have the money right now for a Vita. Oh... and I'll actually have friends to challenge.

He said Theatrhythm was a key title and that was made after Dissida so maybe...!

It will probably be on the Vita, so people actually buy it.

I can't imagine too many picking up a Vita for Final Fightasy 3. Maybe a true-blue Final Fantasy proper, or a Kingdom Hearts, but I just can't see this one as a killer app.

Both Dissida 1 and 2 were damn fun games, it's the main reason I'm pissed that my PSP died. If they make a 3 I may be inclined to get a Vita somewhere down the line.

I can't imagine too many picking up a Vita for Final Fightasy 3. Maybe a true-blue Final Fantasy proper, or a Kingdom Hearts, but I just can't see this one as a killer app.

Eh, while this is true, if adding a game like this prompts a few more people to get the system, then it's no bad thing for Sony. 

Type-0, a PSP/Vita game was one of the most requested games to be localized alongside Yakuza 5 for that Sony 3rd party thing going on. There is definitely a big group of people in the west, let alone in Japan who would want this.

Let's not forget that the Vita isn't selling like total shit lately, at least in Japan this past week the Vita and Vita TV where just a few units behind the 3DS LL while surpassing easily the Wii U. And the PS3/360, but those are getting somewhat irrelevant.

Also, people complain about the console "having no games", but when there is a game that could possibly be released on it everyone goes "No! I don't want to buy a Vita for it!"

Plus the PSVita TV is going to come out - so if you really don't want to buy one you can go for the cheaper option.

And here I was thinking that they weren't making another one after 012 (which unless my memory is wrong they did say that) but in any case im excited for this and this along with the new ys (and maybe a sonic rivals sequel) might just make me get a vita.

Alright...the time has come...

*frantically prays that Vivi is playable in the next game*

It's been awhile since I played any of the Dissidia games, but i had a blast with both of them, so I'm definitely on board.

I'm not gonna lie, if it will be announced as a Vita only game i will be inclined to take one: after all, now there are actual interesting game for that system and it's more cheap so i might give it a shot.

Even better, they could do PS3/PS4/PSVita versions with online cross-compatibility, who knows.

*frantically prays that Vivi is playable in the next game*

Hate to break this, but i don't think Vivi can bring anything very new to the table that Shantotto haven't already gave. FFIX definetly needs a new character, but i'm more inclined on people like Beatrix or Amarant.

Hell fucking yes. I loved the first two Dissidia games, and I'd love to have a third one. It'll prolly be Vita anyhow.

I hope Cloud gets some easier approaches though. And that Lightning sucks less. Because I hate having to shove WoL in my Cloud-Squall-Kain-Sephiroth teamup. Unless they add Zack. Then I'll kick Kain out.

Eh, i think Tifa is more sucky then Light: at least both have a spammable connecting attack. Also, they should probably nerf a little Yuna's Megaflare.

About Zack: eh, i don't know what could they do to make him look different then Cloud; Genesis could fit and be different though. Also, FFVII has already 3  characters, so i hope that there will be more focus in balancing the numbers on the other chapters (on that note: the game really needs a FFXI villain).

I love Dissidia. One of my favorite things to see come out of FF(next to KH of course.). Im curious to see who will be making it in this time around. Wouldn't surprise me to see Lightning return again, so we got our 13 representation. I personally hope to see Noctis or someone from XV, but  I highly doubt that....Perhaps some more villains from the older FF games? Oh and Gilgamesh. Those are my main guesses.

Deep down I really want to see some KH representation as like a secret bonus unlock or skin or something, but I highly doubt that as well....Oh well...I still remember when this was "leaked" and people actually took it as fact.

Sora_in_Dissidia_by_DJ1NNsGR1MO1R3.jpg

Got me excited for a while...*sigh* I really hope there is SOMETHING to reference KH.

I love Dissidia. One of my favorite things to see come out of FF(next to KH of course.). Im curious to see who will be making it in this time around. Wouldn't surprise me to see Lightning return again, so we got our 13 representation. I personally hope to see Noctis or someone from XV, but  I highly doubt that....Perhaps some more villains from the older FF games? Oh and Gilgamesh. Those are my main guesses.

Deep down I really want to see some KH representation as like a secret bonus unlock or skin or something, but I highly doubt that as well....Oh well...I still remember when this was "leaked" and people actually took it as fact.

Sora_in_Dissidia_by_DJ1NNsGR1MO1R3.jpg

Got me excited for a while...*sigh* I really hope there is SOMETHING to reference KH.

Something tells me you didn't played Dissidia 012. Not that's very much of what you asked (Gilgamesh luckyly is present -though he has a minor role- and Cloud, Squall and Sephiroth have their KH outfits as -DLC- alternate costumes), but there is a huge improvement over the original game.

Sadly, 012 lacks new villains aside Gilgamesh and an alternate version of Chaos, and that's a shame since the series has a lot to offer on that side too: hopefully there will be more bad guys in the next title (like Galenth Dysley, Borghen, Xande or Beatrix).

Something tells me you didn't played Dissidia 012. Not that's very much of what you asked (Gilgamesh luckyly is present -though he has a minor role- and Cloud, Squall and Sephiroth have their KH outfits as -DLC- alternate costumes), but there is a huge improvement over the original game.

Sadly, 012 lacks new villains aside Gilgamesh and an alternate version of Chaos, and that's a shame since the series has a lot to offer on that side too: hopefully there will be more bad guys in the next title (like Galenth Dysley, Borghen, Xande or Beatrix).

When I mentioned Gilgamesh I mainly had meant having a larger presence in the game. I also knew about the Sephiroth and Cloud costumes, but I was referring to the Original characters.(Like a Riku skin or Organization Cloak thing, or Keyblade Armor.)

Honestly I'd rather not have KH anywhere near Dissidia, unless it's a mere cameo. I'd prefer it to be purely FF.

Edited by 大佐 Kagura Mutsuki

And here I was thinking that they weren't making another one after 012 (which unless my memory is wrong they did say that)

Nomura said shortly after the second game that they felt they had done what they could with the fighting genre. I guess they came up with new ideas that changed his mind.

Honestly I'd rather not have KH anywhere near Dissidia, unless it's a mere cameo. I'd prefer it to be purely FF.

The hilarious ironic thing is, Dissidia originally started out as a Kingdom Hearts brawler between KH and Disney characters. Only reason they didn't go through with that was because they thought Disney wouldn't approve due to Violence being present.(emphasis on thought) Turns out Disney had ideas for a Disney brawler of their own, but that never got that off the ground. So Square could have actually gone through with that.:P

Kingdom Hearts was in Dissidia 012.

...the Kingdom Hearts, not the characters. :P

He said he wanted to include Sora in the future so who knows?

When I mentioned Gilgamesh I mainly had meant having a larger presence in the game. I also knew about the Sephiroth and Cloud costumes, but I was referring to the Original characters.(Like a Riku skin or Organization Cloak thing, or Keyblade Armor.)

My apologies, i didn't knew it.

But i agree with who said that KH rapresentation should be kept to a minimum in this game: maybe Sora as a secret character, but not more then that.

Nomura said shortly after the second game that they felt they had done what they could with the fighting genre. I guess they came up with new ideas that changed his mind.

Last thing I heard is that Dissidia 012 would be the last "fighting" game in the series, but they might bring back Dissidia in a new medium.

But yeah, if there's going to be a new Dissidia, DEFINITELY need more villains. I'd suspect they'd add at least one from XIV, villains for XIII and XI, and hopefully some villains from other titles, preferably older ones. For example, they could add Xande for III and Leon for II (yeah, he's the final recruitable character, but he's a villain for most of the game).

When it starts getting to the latter games, it gets a bit harder to pick and choose characters because most of them already have three characters. There really isn't any good villain choice for IX; Brahne would be an unusual choice and the only other main villain is Garland (unless for whatever reason they opted for Beatrix, but she's not really a villain). If IX gets a third rep it'd probably be Vivi.

I don't know any villains in XI, so I suspect they'd just add one.

For XIII, Lightning is the only one so far. They could add 1-2 new characters from there. If any other hero characters get in, I suspect it'd be Sazh. Galenth Dysley would probably be the antagonist, but Cid Raines is another potential candidate (even then he's not really all that evil, just being manipulated).

You can easily argue that I already has three candidates; Warrior of Light, Garland, and Chaos.  If the remaining slots from I-XIII are filled with three characters each, that'd make it fairly even, then they can add in characters from XIV.

As much as I'd love for them to grab spinoff characters, I really can't see it happening. They haven't done it so far. It'd be nice. I'd like to see someone like Ramza. Noctis would be a cool addition, but like Lightning in the first the chances of them adding him would be slim at this point; unless the new Dissidia came out after XV was already released.

Last thing I heard is that Dissidia 012 would be the last "fighting" game in the series, but they might bring back Dissidia in a new medium.

But yeah, if there's going to be a new Dissidia, DEFINITELY need more villains. I'd suspect they'd add at least one from XIV, villains for XIII and XI, and hopefully some villains from other titles, preferably older ones. For example, they could add Xande for III and Leon for II (yeah, he's the final recruitable character, but he's a villain for most of the game).

When it starts getting to the latter games, it gets a bit harder to pick and choose characters because most of them already have three characters. There really isn't any good villain choice for IX; Brahne would be an unusual choice and the only other main villain is Garland (unless for whatever reason they opted for Beatrix, but she's not really a villain). If IX gets a third rep it'd probably be Vivi.

I don't know any villains in XI, so I suspect they'd just add one.

For XIII, Lightning is the only one so far. They could add 1-2 new characters from there. If any other hero characters get in, I suspect it'd be Sazh. Galenth Dysley would probably be the antagonist, but Cid Raines is another potential candidate (even then he's not really all that evil, just being manipulated).

You can easily argue that I already has three candidates; Warrior of Light, Garland, and Chaos.  If the remaining slots from I-XIII are filled with three characters each, that'd make it fairly even, then they can add in characters from XIV.

As much as I'd love for them to grab spinoff characters, I really can't see it happening. They haven't done it so far. It'd be nice. I'd like to see someone like Ramza. Noctis would be a cool addition, but like Lightning in the first the chances of them adding him would be slim at this point; unless the new Dissidia came out after XV was already released.

If i remember correctly, before choosing Prishe for the next FFXI character, the developers wanted Eald'narche, so he's probably on the top of the list for that. About FFXIV there's the judge guy, Gaius Van Baelsar (though he could resemble too much Gabranth), and i've always been a supporter for Dysley as FFXIII villain. Also, Nomura said that if he wanted another XIII character, he would have choose Sazh, so he might be next too. About IX, i would definetly say Beatrix as a warrior of Chaos with a story arc similar to the ones of Terra or Cloud in 012: Vivi would just be a Shantotto clone, sadly.

The real question is if spin-off, prequels and sequels will be considered next time too: though i would like to see characters like Genesis, Caius or Illua, i don't know if they should have top priority.

If i remember correctly, before choosing Prishe for the next FFXI character, the developers wanted Eald'narche, so he's probably on the top of the list for that. About FFXIV there's the judge guy, Gaius Van Baelsar (though he could resemble too much Gabranth), and i've always been a supporter for Dysley as FFXIII villain. Also, Nomura said that if he wanted another XIII character, he would have choose Sazh, so he might be next too. About IX, i would definetly say Beatrix as a warrior of Chaos with a story arc similar to the ones of Terra or Cloud in 012: Vivi would just be a Shantotto clone, sadly.

The real question is if spin-off, prequels and sequels will be considered next time too: though i would like to see characters like Genesis, Caius or Illua, i don't know if they should have top priority.

I'd love to see Beatrix instead of Vivi; another female character and potentially they could make her a villain (as she starts off as one). I just can't see it happening.

Side characters, I dunno, perhaps. To date they haven't used side characters, so it'd be interesting to include them. If they wanted to include a third XIII rep, they could do Caius; he's more directly Lightning's nemesis than Cid Raines is, anyway, just so long as he doesn't take priority over Dysley.

Heh, I just realized I forgot both XII and VI as far as a potential third rep goes. The only way VI could possibly get a villain is if they use a character like Celes (whom is never even seen in-game as a villain) or Leo (who is but is a more noble villain until his face-heal-turn). XII, on the other hand, could easily include Vayne, though I suspect they'd probably put in Balthier over Vayne.

And yeah, if XIII gets another hero rep, Sazh is obvious, primarily because Nomura said he'd rather put in Sazh over Lightning to begin with.