Awoo.

Dissidia Final Fantasy 3-ish (new title, Arcade only for now)

Teoskaven

For a third FFVI character i could say either Celes or Shadow, since the game still lacks a proper Ninja (Onion Kinght's EX Mode aside). For FFXII, i could say Balthier too, but i don't know how they could make him different from Vaan; as for villains, other then Vayne i could see fitting well Dr. Cid.

While on the subject, some characters i would like to see from the other chapters that now needs most:

-FFI: Astos (maybe implementing attacks from the Dark Elf of FFIV);

-FFII: Minwu (although he would be just another spellcaster and FFII has not a great variety of personal magics), Deumion (using both the Destruction/Miracle magic and the summoning of Phrekyos) or Borghen (especially if he uses moves from the Cannoneer class and from zombie monsters);

-FFIII: Xande (although he would be a mix between Emperor and Kuja) or Desch (he could be very interesting);

For the other missing chapters (VI, IX, XI, XII, XIII and XIV) i've already said my preferences.

One thing i forgot: if this hipotetical third title will be released in this era of Digital games and high system capacitiy, there could be possibilities for more Assist only characters like Aerith. That way, characters that can't fit very well or would just be clones can still be there, having some sort of rapresentation (heck, they could even integrate them in the story: i was really bugled when i found out that Aerith wasn't mentioned during 012 story, Prologus aside).

I wouldn't mind Assist characters that aren't playable. That'd be a nice twist. Honestly, I couldn't imagine Aerith being a great playable character, and all things considered, I can't imagine any series getting four playable reps before the rest of them get three. Assists would be a great way to expand the cast (kinda like in Brawl) without actually making them playable.

As for Balthier, I suppose I do see the dilemma including him since Vaan has all weapons already. The main idea was that Balthier would use a variety of rifles, but now that I think about it, Laguna already does that, and Sazh is a more likely addition for a gun user. So yeah, we'd probably get Dr. Cid or Vayne instead of Balthier.

I wouldn't mind Assist characters that aren't playable. That'd be a nice twist. Honestly, I couldn't imagine Aerith being a great playable character, and all things considered, I can't imagine any series getting four playable reps before the rest of them get three. Assists would be a great way to expand the cast (kinda like in Brawl) without actually making them playable.

As for Balthier, I suppose I do see the dilemma including him since Vaan has all weapons already. The main idea was that Balthier would use a variety of rifles, but now that I think about it, Laguna already does that, and Sazh is a more likely addition for a gun user. So yeah, we'd probably get Dr. Cid or Vayne instead of Balthier.

Eh, I'd rather they not do that since I could imagine it being like NUNS3 where they have these assist characters that would seem like good playables rather than assist only and I could imagine some real backlash if they use characters that look like they would be cool to play as, as assists.

I wonder if anyone from the Crystal Chronicles games has a shot at being in this. I would love to see something.

Ffcc_clavat.jpg

Or perhaps someone from Crystal Bearers?

4885132447125507.jpg

FFCC_chr_1.jpg

Something out of the box and unexpected would be quite a interesting twist. 

I don't think we'll see anything from Crystal Bearers, sad as it is. Layle would be absolutely epic. I couldn't see Belle getting in except as a cameo, though.

Crystal Bearers could have some chances, but it all depends if spin-offs will be counted or not.

Meanwhile, i've forgot speculations about future arenas; presuming there will be probably 2 for each chapter (excluding Omega version) my prediction on the missing chapters:

-FFI: The Underwater Temple or Gulg Volcano; both could have intersting mechanics, especially in the Omega versions;

-FFIV: The Red Wings fleet suspended in the air, with the options of jumping from one airship to the other;

-FFV: The Big Bridge; maybe too much linear, but it's very inconic;

-FFVII: The Sister Ray in Junon; as Crisis Core showed, this could be a very interesting arena.

-FFVIII: Deling City's parade or the inside of the Lunatic Pandora; regardless, both could be far way less annoying then Ultimecia's Castle.

-FFX: Macalania Forest or the Thunder Plains, especially if the Omega version of the latter has lightning bolts striking;

-FFXI: I have no clue here since i know very little of this game: maybe Castle Zvahl throne room (the area where the Shadow Lord i fought), i don't know.

-FFXII: Ridorana Pharos top floor or the Bur-Omisace Kiltian temple, although i would prefer the first one;

-FFXIII: Archylte Steppe; this one is too easy to guess, and for the Omega version effect there could be things like the changing weather;

-FFXIV: No clue since i know almost nothing about the game.

• 1 year later...

Update since it was lost in the loss:

Yes indeed, Hamaza is working on a new Dissidia, and Square in February showed this trailer with actual in-game footage, wich is a mixture on Unreal Engine 4 and Square's Luminous Engine (my guess is they're experimenting with it in order to polish it for Kingdom Hearts III). For now, we know that the Warrior of Light, Onion Knight, Terra, Cloud and Lightning are back, and the first new character shown is Y'shtola from Final Fantasy XIV. We also have what it seems to be an hill near Cornelia Castle from the first FF as a new stage, even thought it's trees need some work. Finally, the gameplay seems to be the same, even though there seems to be tweaks to some moves and the most obvious thing is that 3v3 mode is a thing.

The catch? It has been announced for now only for japanese arcade cabinets, but almost everyone is pretty sure it will eventually be released on console.

Square said more news will be released on April 10th, so we have to wait for that,