Awoo.

An award legend section on the SSMB?

Lady Soniko

So I was just browsing the forums like the norm, and I always like to admire the awards people have won on the boards! Be it the recent Werehog contest, the Halloween SSMB sings! or even some of the older, much more vague ones of the Smash Brothers tourney we held a few years back.

But then I see that special awards are handed out randomly by mods for actions they see specific members take part in, or actual badges that are accustomed to individual members depending on events or funny shit that goes down, or simply personal meaning to them.

I know that asking for badges/awards doesn't equate to getting them, because they are a luxury and have to be earned via events or special time and place deals... But wouldn't it be really cool to have a section of SSMB dedicated to the listing of awards, set up like a legend with the name, image and message that goes with them?

I know it's not important, but it would be nice to have ^^

From the main page, you just hover over the Community tab, and the option becomes visible. I'd imagine that'll be looked into so it's consistent all around, but that's just my guess.

From the main page, you just hover over the Community tab, and the option becomes visible. I'd imagine that'll be looked into so it's consistent all around, but that's just my guess.

I think the main site in general needs a bit of work; there are broken links and missing content pages that are begging to be filled in. That's for another topic, though.

Obviously not because I wouldn't have made this topic otherwise.

It doesn't show up on Sonical, my default skin for the site.

Obviously not because I wouldn't have made this topic otherwise.

It doesn't show up on Sonical, my default skin for the site.

I know, I was just saying.

The link should be added to the other layouts so people don't need to go hunting for it. Off the top of my head I've got no clue why it's not there as many people (myself included) have had this issue.

IP.Board's default skin is actually incredibly neat and tidy at the top with the tabs, it has less than Sonical,Knucklehead & Catfish, whilst the latter are much more stylized to fit with the themes.

I've never used IP.Board's bland white design, it just looks so boring (and it's too bright for night surfing) So it's weird that one skin has features that the other 3 don't.

I've never used IP.Board's bland white design, it just looks so boring (and it's too bright for night surfing) So it's weird that one skin has features that the other 3 don't.

That's not really strange at all, actually, if you consider the timeline of additions on the forums. The Sonical skin structure was created by Svend (further modified by Ian and myself) as time progressed, but was made prior to the awards addon being implemented into the forums. While I'd love to try and incorporate some of the more useful features of the IP.Board skin that is attributed to its ability to discover modules, it's all in the header customization on the forums.

Main site is between Svend, Ian and the main site staff - I don't have any say in that department.

tl;dr: If I wanted to add access to this function through normals means, it'd require a lot of coding. I'll see if I can get a link in the header to the awards page through a quicker and dirtier method without breaking the entire header.

• Thumbs Up 1