Awoo.

Celerina's Remixes

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

So hello there. Names...well, actually go by a lot of names. But right now, going by the name Celerina.

A while back I started looking at Sonic Remixes, mostly NicoCW's work on Sonic Generations style remixes and whatnot. Inspired me to try it myself, and thus, I did so.

Naturally, I'm still learning and stuff, and so I'm fairly certain I'm not the greatest. But hey, if you like SG style stuff, you might like mine.

Anyways, beside the point. You're here for music, not my backstory. So here you go.

Chemical Plant Zone Remix:

Starlight Carnival Classic Remix:

Green Forest Classic Remix:

I've others on my channel as well, although I feel these are some of my best.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you very much~! As I said, I'm still learning and such. To be honest, one might just say I'm fooling around in Fruity loops for the most part. Still, I do my best to make something at least nice to listen to.

And yes! I think that's why I particularly like that track, when it sounds like a new feeling. Along with many other people's remixes. Something I hope to do more often once I gain some practice.

Pretty good, but one problem: There's not really any diversity between instruments, and they kind of use the same ones, if I explain it good. I think you should get some VST's or Soundfonts if you use FL Studio. I do like the Chemical Plant remix, though

Yes... I do tend to go with 'what sounds good,' and that always tends to be the same few instruments. I'll have to look into those VST/Soundfonts though.

Gonna be blunt. Ya need variety like Xtreme said, Or else you are gonna sound like everyone else on Yotube or at least for the most part. So I know you are still learning, which is good, but if you wanna expand your music, then you must keep trying your best in expanding your knowledge of it as well. Keep on practing man and I am sure eventually you will get to where you wanna be :) I like the chemical plant mix btw. Cheers. Hopefully I didn't come off as harsh.

Well, I did come here to get two things! One was getting my name out there, the other was having more critic from folks whom know what they're talking about.

Youtube is great and all for uploading stuff, but getting some constructive critisism is another thing.  So thank you Urban. ^^

• Thumbs Up 2

While anyone is looking, does anyone know some good tutorials on using VST's? I've loaded some in, but for some reason they do some funky things, like randomly drop volume or flat out not play at all.

• 3 weeks later...

And I finished something a little better. However... hrm. I used some VST's, but I feel I may still be used to my older, and as I refer to now, 'lazier' mixing style, and the VST's are just new 'instruments.'

(( Updated link below.))

Still, Dynamite Plant from Sonic the Fighters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fastest way to do that is get your sampler channel ready with the sample you want and adjust the time length in the sampler settings. Then just clone the channel, change the pitches to what you need them to be and draw/send/play a note to each channel as necessary.

The 'refined' way is to make multiple copies of the sample and use DirectWave or a multi-layered channel but that's more work and usually only done when creating sampled instrument patches.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...