Awoo.

Memes and Status Updates

Chris

I know, I'm just saying. Don't feel there's something wrong because you didn't get the joke, 90% of the time the joke is that the joke isn't funny. We've evolved beyond irony as a culture into some bizarre metarealm.

• Thumbs Up 5

I hate to chime in, I missed most of whatever happened before but I feel I should add something.

It's easy to say it's just a joke and you shouldn't let it bother you, but those that are making that argument are missing a very important fact. We all have a life to live and it's the events that take place in RL, that will ultimately effect how we react here. Some patience and understanding would also be a big help in these types of situations. 

I also shudder to mention this, but certain disabilities make it harder to understand jokes, Aspergers being one of the major ones. I have a mild case of it and just as an example, I didn't even crack a smile over the 2 posts before me. That doesn't mean they weren't funny, I just didn't get a reaction from them, but I do have a strong sense of humour and spend most of my time trying to laugh.

It also seems a shame to me, because as a lurker by nature, I tend to notice certain things every now and then. A large number of staff members have been dealing with difficult personal issues these days, and it seems a shame that they have to come here and deal with this crap.

Regardless, that's no excuse for anyone to blow up in another's face over it.  We don't just stop living just because someone's disability makes it harder for someone to enjoy something.

Also, my joke wasn't that funny anyway, so I'd hardly cite any mental disability as a valid reason for not finding humor in it. XD