Awoo.

Could a Wonder Woman movie work?

MegaMonster54

I'm surprised not a lot of people are talking about this here, but Gal Gadot has been cast as Wonder Woman for the Superman vs Batman movie.

Gal-Gadot-Hot1.jpeg

I guess she is not getting a movie by herself for a while (or depending at the success of this movie)

I suppose it really shouldn't be surprising - it's obvious that the production of the sequel to Man of Steel is a clusterfuck, mainly due to Warner Bros. being in panic mode - Man of Steel made a lot of money, but not nearly enough that they were expecting, and the reception to the movie caught them completely off guard. They were trying to make an Avengers-killer and a Transformers killer at the same time, and failed at both (or maybe just one, considering Transformers is a very low bar to aim for, and people say it's a better Dragon Ball movie than the actual Dragon Ball movie). As a consequence, DC/Warner are modifying their plans on the fly depending on what trends they're looking at. It's kind of a ridiculous way to plan/make a movie, really.

Seriously, it seems like Marvel are the only ones capable of consistently making superhero movies that are near-universally liked or loved. Fox are all over the place with the X-Men films, Sony is desperately rushing out Spider-Man films that are practically made by committee with split opinion on the first one and the second one looking awful, and both are desperately trying to keep Marvel from getting their movies rights back. And DC/Warner, despite having no real obstacles preventing them from making a shared DC movieverse, just really suck at making the foundations - it was supposed to start with Green Lantern, but Green Lantern sucked hard, and Man of Steel's reception could well have resulted in Warner deciding to make the sequel a Superman/Batman movie days before its reveal at Comic-Con.

Considering the bizzare narrative choices in Man of Steel, I'm not holding out much hope in this new film as long as Goyer is still writing the script, even with Wonder Woman in it.