Awoo.

Detective Shadzter

Lego The Hobbit game confirmed

Previously rumoured tie-in is now official, set for spring 2014 release

Posted on Monday 25th Nov 2013 at 3:40 PM GMT

By Chris Scullion, Games Editor for CVG UK

The previously rumoured Lego The Hobbit has been officially announced by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

The game will be based on the first two films in the motion picture trilogy, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: Desolation Of Smaug.

Screenshots:

image_312260_full.jpg

image_312259_full.jpg

image_312258_full.jpg

Following the storyline of both films, players will take control of familiar characters including Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf the Grey and Thorin Oakenshield, as they tackle various quests on their way to the Dwarven Kingdom of Erebor.

Rumours of a Lego The Hobbit game emerged last week when an advertisement for the unannounced title reportedly appeared on the instruction manuals of upcoming Lego Hobbit sets acquired early from Toys R Us stores in North America.

The full list of confirmed game characters to date consists of Bilbo, Gandalf and all of the dwarves: Thorin, Fíli, Kíli, Óin, Glóin, Dwalin, Balin Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dori, Nori and Ori.

Each character has their own special ability - for example, Bombur can lie down and let other characters use his belly as a trampoline.

Meanwhile, confirmed locations include Bag End, Bilbo's Hobbit-hole in Hobbiton, the High Pass over the Misty Mountains, Goblin-town, Mirkwood and Rivendell.

Lego The Hobbit will be released in spring 2014. It will be available on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Vita, Wii U, 3DS, PC and Mac.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/440019/lego-the-hobbit-game-confirmed/

Thought I'd make a topic for the game, as we always have LEGO game topics tongue.png I'm not really a fan of The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit and have only watched the first The Lord of the Rings film, but I do enjoy the LEGO games. If this turns out to be any good I might pick it up, especially as it covers both of the first two Hobbit movies, so I should be able to get up to speed with the story.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still need to watch those movies. I need money for LEGO Marvel, but that's about it. Nice to know that LEGO games are still around. No matter what LEGO game you play, you're bound to have fun. :)

Not surprised at all, given that they released the freakin' awesome LEGO Lord of the Rings just as a new film trilogy was being released. And since I loved that one, yeah, I'm sure I'll like this one too.

I was really looking forward to this game, until I noticed it only contains the first two movies. It just makes the game feel incomplete, and Im worried this will turn out like Indiana Jones: A good game and a sequel covering the last movie with the prequels thrown in.

Seriously, we just got Marvel and will get the Lego Movie game in spring, it wouldn't have hurt to wait with the release and include the third movie. 

Glad to see this is official! LEGO Lord of the RIngs was the first LEGO game I owned and the sheer amount of detail they put into it was astounding so I'm definitely looking forward to this!

My only problem is that it's not the entire Hobbit story. I can understand them not putting the third film in due to spoilers etc. but could they not have just released it around the same time as the third? Plus, I've read the book countless times so I can't be spoiled. :P

Yeah...I won't be buying this one. I don't see why they just can't wait till the Trilogy is complete instead of giving us two of three movies and then probably bringing out another one with all three later down the line :/

That's cool, and I always enjoy Lego games.

But come on and give me Lego Star Wars IV :U Finish Clone Wars, dammit!