Awoo.

Blazin' Kitty Available

Chris

this Is super awesome cute! Totally loving it biggrin.png.

I just wanted to mention on a side note that the Knucklehead one is looking really nice too, but I noticed that the signature sign still is blue with Sonic :).

Edited by KnucklesSnowFairy

I literally just joined up and this is made? I love Blaze and I love purple so this is a delicious combination for me. XD

Excellent work, good sir. ¦3

• Thumbs Up 1

Oooo, I like it! Trying to pick between it and Catfish...maybe I'll alternate between them randomly?

Thanks for all these updates Chris, it's like an early Christmas present for all of us! biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I just wanted to mention on a side note that the Knucklehead one is looking really nice too, but I noticed that the signature sign still is blue with Sonic smile.png.

Ah bollocks, I knew I forgot to upload something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now this I can go purple to.

So next up is either Amy, Silver, Shadow, Metal Sonic or Eggman.

...maybe.

I'm sure he had some of this work done already ahead of time but who knows. Still, it looks like another nice skin yes. I think I'll be sticking to Vector this time, but that is a good purple skin for that want it. Purple and orange being both favorite colors of mine besides green of course, these are looking great.

Don't tell me Amy is going to miss out---again...out of the main cast, Amy is the last one remaining...

Oh and I moved from Catfish to Blazin' Kitty. Much better use of purple. <3

Not a big fan of this shade of purple, but that's perfectly cool because we have so many choices (and such riches aplenty!) nowadays... I'll remain jammin' with the crocks and fishin' with the other cats for the time being.

Still, thanks for all the work you have been doing!

So are these basically all colorswaps of Sonical?

Sorry if I'm sounding ungrateful, but is that hard to do? I think it'd be cool to let members here with knowledge on web scripting take a shot at ideas or something.

Regardless, thanks for all these new skins Chris.

On the onset, it's just a color-swap, but other details such as character sprites and the characters in the background of your posts are now the skin's respective character.

Instead of Sonic stalking your posts, now Blaze is looking at it with intense disapproval.

987pea.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

So are these basically all colorswaps of Sonical?

Sorry if I'm sounding ungrateful, but is that hard to do? I think it'd be cool to let members here with knowledge on web scripting take a shot at ideas or something.

That's far from an ungrateful question, but allow me to explain my thought process behind what has essentially been my main project in the last week. While I could have spent a lot more time on each one of these skins and hand design aspects wherever possible, I made the difficult decision of instead going an easier route for the time being so that I could get some actual variety out to you guys sooner. Traditionally we always had a lot of alternatives for forum themes, but in the last few years we've had very little.

If you remember what our release pace for skins was years ago, that was because I was a kid who lived at home plus there were two of us churning them out in our free time. Taking the time on each skin to ensure it was truly unique was possible because the time restraints weren't such a burden. These skins will be receiving significant visual upgrades as soon as I have the time after this week, primarily to improve readability, uniqueness, and to give them that feel we used to have before (remember the post icons with sprites and such?).

Doing it this way also ensures that the skins will work longer against forum upgrades than the previous versions have. You can call them colour swaps if you'd like but there is quite a bit more care put into it than that, plus imagery and what-have-you.

• Thumbs Up 4

Quick question Chris, where does the signature sprite come from? I mean, it looks very Advanced and I know Blaze didn't come out until Rush, so…?