Awoo.

Sonic & Knuckles 1994 VSDA booth footage found

Badnik Mechanic

So a few days ago, a guy who has a bit of a thing for finding old videos of nintendo history managed to get ahold of some footage which was shot at the 1994 VSDA expo.

The footage is from a collector who used to work at Nintendo (I presume thats who he means when he says 'the company'), anyway, the video was put on ebay, this guy bought it, and has since made a digital copy of it which is now on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcdkFsVFzMI

The majority of it is Nintendo footage... except for the last 40 seconds or so which shows Sega's Sonic & Knuckles booth.

The footage isn't great and you can't see any gameplay footage at all, though you can make out an odd giant sonic statue and a few odd bits of merch.

Has this expo ever been documented at all?

May I ask how you even found this when the video is about DK hitting on chicks at the '94 gaming expo?

... What where you searching for? :P

• Thumbs Up 2

May I ask how you even found this when the video is about DK hitting on chicks at the '94 gaming expo?

... What where you searching for? tongue.png

Hawt 90's chicks.

And gorillas.

Isn't that what everybody my age uses the internet for?

• Thumbs Up 2

"Huh!"

"DK! Donkey Kong!"

"He's the leader of the bunch, you know him well."

"He's finally back to kick some tail."

"His Coconut Gun can fire in spurts."

"If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!"

"He's bigger, faster, and stronger too."

"He's the first member of the DK Crew!"

"Huh!"

"DK! Donkey Kong!"

"DK! Donkey Kong is here!"

But seriously, Donkey hitting on chicks. What?

Is that...Is that Charles Martinet doing disembodied DK? It looks like him. I think it is him telling from that posture and smile. I know that around the same time he was doing disembodied Mario and Wario at these expos. I might have to harass him about this next time I see him at one of the local expos (if we ever get it again.)

Also Guile playing DKC. Times were good.