Awoo.

New skin: Thief of Hearts AKA The topic of Pelly giving you the only skin you really need.

Pelly <3's U

What are you talking about? This is a Shadow Skin...

2d7vwv4.png

Maybe you should check your eyes

I...just...I need to go home...

• Thumbs Up 4

....you guys are denying me Shadow on purpose aren't you.

Certainly not. With the exception of the Rouge skin (which was actually slated to be the Blaze skin, I might add), the skin choices and colour schemes have been set in stone for weeks in my notes. The Rouge skin was a last minute idea from a staff discussion since there was no release skin for Thursday.

From the get go, I didn't want to upset anybody regarding the character choices. While each day yielded the same discussion about skins for Amy, Blaze, Silver, Cream and Shadow, there were always some sort of hints left behind about what the next release would be. For Vector and Tails, it was said outright. I've always liked to keep surprises for people though which is why I'm often considered an enigma.

Don't take this the wrong way and think that I'm going to make an Amy or Shadow skin as a result of the feedback this week, but I do hear you guys and I want to make sure there is something for everybody.. but I nor the staff have the time to invest to create skins for each character and maintain them, while giving each one an individual style and feel.

In the meantime, the final skin for this set will be on Friday but it's not themed around a specific character.

Edit: As a point of relevance here, I'd like to note that in none of these explanation posts this week have I ever wanted to come off in a condescending or accusing manner (if I have, to anybody!). I'm very humbled by the response received as a result of this weeks event, and I'd definitely like to do something in a similar vein in the future.

Edited by Chris
  • Thumbs Up 1

What are you talking about? This is a Shadow Skin...

2d7vwv4.png

Maybe you should check your eyes

Alright, I'll let this slide because this was pretty clever. You win this round Pelly.

Certainly not. With the exception of the Rouge skin (which was actually slated to be the Blaze skin, I might add), the skin choices and colour schemes have been set in stone for weeks in my notes. The Rouge skin was a last minute idea from a staff discussion since there was no release skin for Thursday.

From the get go, I didn't want to upset anybody regarding the character choices. While each day yielded the same discussion about skins for Amy, Blaze, Silver, Cream and Shadow, there were always some sort of hints left behind about what the next release would be. For Vector and Tails, it was said outright. I've always liked to keep surprises for people though which is why I'm often considered an enigma.

Don't take this the wrong way and think that I'm going to make an Amy or Shadow skin as a result of the feedback this week, but I do hear you guys and I want to make sure there is something for everybody.. but I nor the staff have the time to invest to create skins for each character and maintain them, while giving each one an individual style and feel.

In the meantime, the final skin for this set will be on Friday but it's not themed around a specific character.

Oh don't get me wrong, I was saying that mostly in jest. I really am not as concerned about it, I just would like a skin of one of my faves is all. Who has the best color scheme of any character in life and you are fools for thinking otherwise.

But yea, you do what you do. I do appreciate all of these skins and think they're a pretty nifty feature and I appreciate the effort you've given to providing them.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey everyone,

In my continuing tradition for taking credit for everything awesome around here, I'm here to announce a new killer skin available. 

Introducing Thief of Hearts, celebrating everyone's favorite character.

and why is this skin superior to the others you may ask?

• Several features included but limited too:
  •  
  • Jiggle physics unlocked on every popular star post!
  •  
  • 30% increased rate of attracting a secret admirer while browsing the forum!
  •  

Wait... We got TWO Big the Cat skins?! ohmy.png Hot dog! I'm checking this out now!

I know it's not the Chris Thorndyke skin you all have been waiting for.

But we already had that though.

nginx.png

Yeah, we don't have control on when we use it --  and great effort is put into avoiding it -- but still it captures the character quite well!

'K, will admit, I didn't see this one coming.

We've never had a Rouge skin in the past, so bravo for the curveball. Actually fits perfectly with my Popstar Ahri avatar! laugh.png

Now give me the Shadow or Prof. Pickle skin, and we'll call it even.

Maybe this isn't the right thread to ask this, but how do you change skins on mobile? I really want to see this skin but every time I try to change the skin to anything but Sonical it just takes me to the shitty IP mobile version...

Maybe this isn't the right thread to ask this, but how do you change skins on mobile? I really want to see this skin but every time I try to change the skin to anything but Sonical it just takes me to the shitty IP mobile version...

Right at the bottom should be a link that says "Full Version". Hit that and browse as normal.

This should have been Amy's skin... once again, she's left out... T_T

Is there a way to change the pic from Rouge to Amy's please on my personal computer? That way my disappointment will lower a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

I get that you like Amy and that's not a problem, but honestly posts like this are really starting to get rather obnoxious and come off as rude.

These skins are made for the forum to enjoy as a whole, not personally for each and every one of you. We are trying to cover a wide variety of bases so that everyone can have a skin (or more) that they enjoy. 

For you to take this skin release as a reason to complain that it's not exactly the skin you wanted, and then request that you yourself have a personal skin made for you because "your disappointment will be lower" (I fail to see how you can get like 5 new skins in a week and only feel disappointed) comes across as very rude and immature to me. Chris has put a ton of work into these skins for everyone to enjoy, but he's not your personal servant catering to everything you desire. 

That's not to say an Amy skin (or any other character that people want) will never come, but this is definitely not the way to ask for one. 

• Thumbs Up 8

Right at the bottom should be a link that says "Full Version". Hit that and browse as normal.

Just takes me back to Sonical.

Are you attempting to change skin on the home page or in a topic/thread/elsewhere on the board?  I've had a problem on my laptop where often times the skin will refuse to change if you attempt to change it on any area other than the home page.

Are you attempting to change skin on the home page or in a topic/thread/elsewhere on the board?  I've had a problem on my laptop where often times the skin will refuse to change if you attempt to change it on any area other than the home page.

I experienced that when I was in a thread. I tried to change themes and it took me back to the home page.