Awoo.

New skin: Thief of Hearts AKA The topic of Pelly giving you the only skin you really need.

Pelly <3's U

I get that you like Amy and that's not a problem, but honestly posts like this are really starting to get rather obnoxious and come off as rude.

These skins are made for the forum to enjoy as a whole, not personally for each and every one of you. We are trying to cover a wide variety of bases so that everyone can have a skin (or more) that they enjoy. 

For you to take this skin release as a reason to complain that it's not exactly the skin you wanted, and then request that you yourself have a personal skin made for you because "your disappointment will be lower" (I fail to see how you can get like 5 new skins in a week and only feel disappointed) comes across as very rude and immature to me. Chris has put a ton of work into these skins for everyone to enjoy, but he's not your personal servant catering to everything you desire. 

That's not to say an Amy skin (or any other character that people want) will never come, but this is definitely not the way to ask for one.

Excuse me, don't talk to me as I'm your child. If my post came off as "rude" that's fine and I apologize, but I'm not a baby who wants Chris to listen to everything I desire.

If I'm rude, just say so without giving me a story saying Chris isn't my servant (and I know he isn't), because in the end instead of making me feel ashamed that I said that, you just made me mad.

I get that he made 5 new incredible skins. I like some of them including this Rouge one. But you can't tell me to NOT feel upset when I am. I loved Amy ever since I was 14, and for her to be left out again just hurts me. And I showed my emotion (which I shouldn't have) I'll get over it, but don't tell me how to feel.

Also I'm not asking for a "personal skin". I'm asking (and I'm asking the question to anyone not Chris alone) if there is a way to change the CSS for myself on MY PC. I saw a tutorial of this before, but that was with ProBoards. I admire the skin, I just rather have a different post pic then the current one.

Excuse me, don't talk to me as I'm your child. If my post came off as "rude" that's fine and I apologize, but I'm not a baby who wants Chris to listen to everything I desire.

If I'm rude, just say so without giving me a story saying Chris isn't my servant (and I know he isn't), because in the end instead of making me feel ashamed that I said that, you just made me mad.

I get that he made 5 new incredible skins. I like some of them including this Rouge one. But you can't tell me to NOT feel upset when I am. I loved Amy ever since I was 14, and for her to be left out again just hurts me. And I showed my emotion (which I shouldn't have) I'll get over it, but don't tell me how to feel.

Also I'm not asking for a "personal skin". I'm asking (and I'm asking the question to anyone not Chris alone) if there is a way to change the CSS for myself on MY PC. I saw a tutorial of this before, but that was with ProBoards. I admire the skin, I just rather have a different post pic then the current one.

I doubt Pelly was referring specifically to you.  She was making that statement based on an accumulation of different comments spread throughout the different skin announcement threads.  Don't be so defensive, and having such an authoritative attitude wouldn't exactly help matters even if Pelly was referring to you.

I doubt Pelly was referring specifically to you.  She was making that statement based on an accumulation of different comments spread throughout the different skin announcement threads.  Don't be so defensive, and having such an authoritative attitude wouldn't exactly help matters even if Pelly was referring to you.

She was though.

I'm honestly at a loss as to how to reply here. My frustration is peaked right now because of the coursework I've been finishing up this evening, but this whole Amy thing this week has gone on long enough.

I get it - you guys want an Amy skin. it just wasn't in the cards right now. Yes, the Rouge skin could have been used as an Amy skin, I'm not denying that; but it's getting frustrating responding to each and every one of these requests to try and do some damage control because you guys just won't let up.

In no way am I interpreting that you're ungrateful and I respect how passionately you would like an Amy skin, but I simply cannot promise it because I don't know if I can even make one. I'm already going to have to get really creative to separate it from the Rouge skin enough to justify its creation - while I do have ideas for how I want to go about this - but it will take time. More time than I have at the moment since this week has already set me behind on my coursework.

This was mentioned elsewhere by me, but in the past we did actually have an Amy skin. I can't remember if it was ever released (it was finished), it was intended to be but was lost because of a server hiccup like the original Vector skin was. Rouge barely even had a small experiment of a skin and was more due for one than Amy was if we're using time without a skin in the website history versus progress on both revealed and hidden skins, so spare me of that argument please.

The most I can do for you right now is provide the images you will need to modify the code to include:

http://cgreen.ca/ssmb/rouge/amy-post-content.png

http://cgreen.ca/ssmb/rouge/signature_amy.gif

• Thumbs Up 5

So she was.  I apologize.

Still, I don't think it warranted that kind of attitude.

Of course that attitude was wrong and I apologize for that. But I can't help it if she is implying I'm some kind of spoilt self-proclaimed queen of SSMB who wants to put Chris on a leash demanding an Amy skin. Me being upset doesn't mean that at all. That offended me.

Oh good, more SSMB drama. Love the new skin Chris, but Vector still reigns supreme in my book.

This place wouldn't be one of the top 5 sonic forums without it! biggrin.png

You guys just need to chill a bit, Chris will cover all the main characters in due time we just gotta wait so he can sort on how each skin can match a characters style without it either being too dark or eyebleedingly bright. Trust in him, some may take longer then others but eventually we'll get it all sorted out.

Chris you have done more then beyond for us in the last 2 weeks, and more then that you've been participating with us in the forums not too many admins have time for that anymore due to their own issues and the weight of being board admins, kudos for that. if you got to take a break to finish IRL matters then so be it, nothing on this board short of a total system wide failure is worth you getting behind on anything IRL.

Finish what you need to do then come back to us, hell we waited 2+ years for these changes we can wait longer if we need to. and try not to worry about our bickering, if SEGA can ignore 90% of it you can too. wink.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Ming Ming, yes I was referring to you but it wasn't just you who was the problem here. Every time there is a skin announcement we can not please everybody, as evident by people still requesting skins in every new skin topic we've made. 

Regardless, the fact that you thought that you are coming after me for wanting you to feel ashamed or mad says a lot. If you would like to program the skin yourself Chris had given you the image files, but beyond that there is nothing more we can do for you personally about this right now.

As far as speaking to you accusing me of speaking to you like you're my child, that was just ridiculous and uncalled for. I personally don't really care to tell you how you feel, sorry if that sounds crude but my meaning is that I'm not here to influence your feelings...just to explain to you how it comes off as. If you can't handle me using explanation for why what I think what you're saying is rude, then I'm not sure it's good for you to post here. If you have any problem with what I've said you are free to PM me and discuss it, I'm a person just like you, and am all for talking/hashing out any bad feelings. Regardless, there is no reason to feel like Amy was "left out" because of a skin announcement, less characters have skins (or will ever get skins) than there are, that's just the nature of how things work. 

You have the tools avialible to you if you would like to take matters into your own hands, whether it be PMing me or programming your own skin, other than that I consider the matter resolved. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ming Ming, yes I was referring to you but it wasn't just you who was the problem here. Every time there is a skin announcement we can not please everybody, as evident by people still requesting skins in every new skin topic we've made.

Then why can't you just say that instead of going off implying I'm a spoilt brat? Or leave it to someone else who can give a respectable response?

As far as speaking to you accusing me of speaking to you like you're my child, that was just ridiculous and uncalled for.

Sorry but that's how you came across as. Are you telling me that what you said to me was called for, but what I said to you was uncalled for? What's the difference other then you're a staff member.

Fact is, what you said to me was uncalled for. I was upset, and you are basically giving me a "boohoo" response which isn't helping what so ever.

If you can't handle me using explanation for why what I think what you're saying is rude, then I'm not sure it's good for you to post here.

I can handle being told that I was rude, it's what you said afterwards that I find is ridiculous and can hurt people. But I know, you don't care if that person gets hurt or not. However if you expect me to be quiet that you offended me, then sorry that's not me.

This isn't really about the skin anymore to be honest. I've already gone past that.