Awoo.

BrainScratchComms: The Unprofessional Professionals

Dejimon11

You all heard of hellfirecomms right? Back in 2009 a few guys decided to make their own without the British wit and somehow became more famous than them(that's mainly because of Ntoms 9 month hiatus) these guys consist of

Nyraman214/Ryan- the leader of BSC
Solaris Paradox/Lewis
Somecallmejohnny/Johnny

sometime down the line they got a 4th member named Exandshadow/Ted

They've gotten a some guest like clement FTA chuggaconry and a couple guys from sonic paradox

They're funny for the most part but lately they're starting to be meh

*Nayrman :L

Urm, I've enjoyed BSC for about two years now, and Ted is kind of starting to get on my nerves...

They are my second favourite commentary group, behind HFC, but I dunno, Ted just kinda complains and doesn't really back himself up, Ryan, Lewis and John always tend to do so. Or maybe, I'm overlooking how Ted explains things.

Edited by TripsS3

*Nayrman :L Urm, I've enjoyed BSC for about two years now, and Ted in kind of starting to get on my nerves...

Ted's starting to annoy you personally Ryan's getting on my nerves. Ted's just trying to be prickly but Ryan has changed dramatically

Ted's starting to annoy you personally Ryan's getting on my nerves. Ted's just trying to be prickly but Ryan has changed dramatically

I feel like Ryan really is in the background nowadays, he seems really reserved.

I'm a bit mixed on them. Johnny is great, we all agree on that. The rest... I can tolerate. The Sonic Rush playthrough was really irratating because it was Ted (I think) bitching about his hatred of the DS. I've been a fan of FTA since Hellfirecomms & I like Clement (though he too can bitch about what he hates.) I still appreciate their stuff, the Phoenix Wright movie was a good one.

Never thought I'd see a thread about this.

Meh. I use them as background noise like any other LP channel. They sound bored ever since Viewtiful Joe so I mainly listen to their older ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm a bit mixed on them. Johnny is great, we all agree on that. The rest... I can tolerate. The Sonic Rush playthrough was really irratating because it was Ted (I think) bitching about his hatred of the DS. I've been a fan of FTA since Hellfirecomms & I like Clement (though he too can bitch about what he hates.) I still appreciate their stuff, the Phoenix Wright movie was a good one.

That was Lewis who was bitching

Been watching these guys since they started, I originally followed Johnny's channel (this was back when he would plop a camera in front of himself, and record next to a TV on a dresser or something, and just film the footage from in front of the TV lol), then I guess he put up a video or posted a bulletin about BrainScratchComms and naturally I followed them too. 

I just don't have the time to follow LPs since graduating high school but I do love their content when I can find the time. Will definitely be making time to watch their Lost World LP since a bud is in it, though.

Lewis complained about Rush and the DS in of itself.

Been watching these guys since they started, I originally followed Johnny's channel (this was back when he would plop a camera in front of himself, and record next to a TV on a dresser or something, and just film the footage from in front of the TV lol), then I guess he put up a video or posted a bulletin about BrainScratchComms and naturally I followed them too. 

I just don't have the time to follow LPs since graduating high school but I do love their content when I can find the time. Will definitely be making time to watch their Lost World LP since a bud is in it, though.

A bud? Who?

Edited by TripsS3

I really like Johnny and Lewis. Ryan is okay, albeit not the most rivetting fellow. Ted is just downright annoying, however. Makes me wish Clement was the fourth member instead, he's awesome.

Apart from maybe the Sonic Generations commentary though, their pre-2011 commentaries are the best for me. Especially the Resident Evil 4 commentary!

I really like Johnny and Lewis. Nayrman is okay, albeit not the most rivetting fellow. Ted is just downright annoying, however. Makes me wish Clement was the fourth member instead, he's awesome.

Yeah, I'm really surprised Clement isn't a fifth member at this point, tbh.

Only cared about Johnny and Clemont, never giving a shit about the playthrough channel as a whole, took a look at their SLW palythrough, and then it reaffirmed my decision to not give a shit about them.

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel like they've kind of gone downhill over the past 2 years. Don't get me wrong, I still like them enough, but I just don't find them as funny as I used too. The Super Gaming Bros is my go-to absolute favorite LP channel now. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Ever since the smash bros lp Ryan just started annoying the heck out of me and then the latest e3 video near the end I just got so fed up with him. His complaints about Nintendo using mario too much and never use anything new and when wonderful 101 was mentioned he said that he's not interested in it but yet when SEGA uses sonic every year he's so over joyed and he never has a reason to back it up

I feel like they've kind of gone downhill over the past 2 years. Don't get me wrong, I still like them enough, but I just don't find them as funny as I used too. The Super Gaming Bros is my go-to absolute favorite LP channel now. 

Ooh, BSC is fourth favourite. Behind The Creatures, SGB and HFC.

Count me as someone who used to listen to them, but kind drifted away. The only thing I ever watch from any of them is obviously Johnny from his channel. Loved his Mega Man reviews and Sonic fan-animation shorts.

As for the other three. Ryan and Lewis can be funny sometimes, but they can be a tad over-critical after a while. Ted....yeah, I can't think of one instance where he said something funny or anything that wasn't bitching.

Meh, not a huge watcher, but I do like some of the things they do. But I find it weird how in the Rush LP, of all the things Lewis chooses to bitch about, Eggman Nega's lazy design isn't one of them (granted I stopped watching near the end of Sonic's part 'cause Clement started his LP of it, so maybe he does bitch about it later, but...)

Also is it me or is the title of this thread crying out for some proper punctuation? Capitalisation specifically?

Meh, not a huge watcher, but I do like some of the things they do. But I find it weird how in the Rush LP, of all the things Lewis chooses to bitch about, Eggman Nega's lazy design isn't one of them (granted I stopped watching near the end of Sonic's part 'cause Clement started his LP of it, so maybe he does bitch about it later, but...)

Also is it me or is the title of this thread crying out for some proper punctuation? Capitalisation specifically?

Yeah, I didn't want to mention it.

Urm, no, Lewis never brought it up, at all.

Meh, not a huge watcher, but I do like some of the things they do. But I find it weird how in the Rush LP, of all the things Lewis chooses to bitch about, Eggman Nega's lazy design isn't one of them (granted I stopped watching near the end of Sonic's part 'cause Clement started his LP of it, so maybe he does bitch about it later, but...) Also is it me or is the title of this thread crying out for some proper punctuation? Capitalisation specifically?

Wait what? I called the thread that because that's what they call themselves did I do something wrong?

I have watched BSC play Generations, Mega Man 9 & 10. I like them but honestly, there are others that I like more. I mainly watch for Johnny and Clement when he's a guest.

Wait what? I called the thread that because that's what they call themselves did I do something wrong?

What he's trying to say is that the topic title looks bad. It should be something like this:

Brain Scratch Comms: The Unprofessional Professionals

Hope this helps!

"Brainscratchcomms the unprofessional professionals"

really should be

"BrainScratchComms: The Unprofessional Professionals"

"Brainscratchcomms the unprofessional professionals"really should be"BrainScratchComms: The Unprofessional Professionals"

Ill fix it later when I'm not on my phone my bad

I really hate Ted. I mean, like, really hate Ted.

I think Johnny and Gareth are the only commentators to not have a significant hatebase, actually

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't listen to BrainScratchComms that much. Their okay, nothing special.

Personally I prefer watching Clement's LP's or Somecallmejohhny with his 'Johnny vs' reviews which are well presented and insightful. The SuperGamingBros are also a good watch, very funny at times. I like the LP's they are currently doing of Batman Arkham City and SA2.

• Thumbs Up 4