Awoo.

VGX 2013 Thread of Over-hype and Bad Hosting

Detective Shadzter

vgx_article_logo.jpg

When: December 7th 11pm GMT / 6pm ET / 3pm PT

Where:

VGX will be streamed across Xbox One, Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 (PS3™), Twitch, iOS and Android devices, and available globally on VGXLIVE.com, Hulu, Yahoo Screen, the Yahoo Screen app and Viacom properties Spike.com, ComedyCentral.com, MTV.com, MTV2.com, BET.com and GameTrailers.com. VGX will be live streamed for three-hours on Saturday, December 7, beginning at 6:00 PM ET / 3:00 PM PT. Spike TV will also air highlights of the show as "VGX Replay" on Monday, December 9 at midnight.

http://www.spike.com/vgx/about

Official site featuring all of the nominees:

http://www.spike.com/vgx

With the VGAs VGX coming up this Saturday and a lot of stuff being teased about it lately, I thought I'd prep a thread ready for the event. 

Here's a list of games we know that will be shown there so far courtesy of CVG:

• Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime will be presenting a new look at an upcoming Wii U game.
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
  • Titanfall
  • Quantum Break
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • Broken Age
  • Dying Light
  • Tom Clancy's The Division 
  • At least two new trailers for unspecified Square Enix games.
Let the speculation commence.

These gaming shows have lost meaning to me. I don't know if this is the case for this much like it was in the past, but it's a big popularity contest, and quite frankly, I hate popularity contests, so I won't be seeing this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is a thought, what if the unannounced Nintendo title, is in fact a new game thats been in development for a while, is coming out Q1-2 next year, and is a beloved IP that hasnt been seen for a while? Now THATS a way for nintendo to make some waves

Also in attendance will be ”South Park” creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker, who will premiere an exclusive sneak peek of the highly anticipated game “South Park: The Stick of Truth.”

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a list of games we know that will be shown there so far courtesy of CVG:

• Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime will show off an "upcoming Wii U game".

Oh please let it be SMT X FE or the new Monolith Soft title! 

photo.jpg

choo choo motherfuckers

Final Fantasy Lightning Returns 2 and 3: Return Harder. Now with Lightning in a thong and Bikini Top. 

Here is a thought, what if the unannounced Nintendo title, is in fact a new game thats been in development for a while, is coming out Q1-2 next year, and is a beloved IP that hasnt been seen for a while? Now THATS a way for nintendo to make some waves

They're saying "upcoming Wii U game", not unannounced, so it could be an already announced game, like Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Super Smash Bros. etc...

They're saying "upcoming Wii U" game, not unannounced, so it could be an already announced game, like Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Super Smash Bros. etc...

Zelda U perhaps? that has been semi announced, and would definately make waves

I didn't know that something from Nintendo was actually confirmed. Hopefully it'll be something interesting. Not getting my hopes up tho'.

As far as what's confirmed I wouldn't mind seeing more of TitanFall and The Division so I'll definitely tune in.

Yeah I doubt they'll show anything related to Smash or MK:8.

Maybe that Pokemon game they teased awhile back? Nah...

I didn't know that something from Nintendo was actually confirmed. Hopefully it'll be something interesting. Not getting my hopes up tho'.

As far as what's confirmed I wouldn't mind seeing more of TitanFall and The Division so I'll definitely tune in.

The Nintendo thing has only just been announced earlier this evening, though Reggie was teasing that Nintendo would be there last week on GTTV. It's very unusual for Nintendo to be there.

Looks like it's definitely an already announced Wii U game.

VGX will also feature Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime presenting a new look at an upcoming Wii U game.

Updated the OP.

I consider it nothing less than an atrocity that Mike Pollock isn't on the best voice actor list. No idgaf if Lost World isn't a big AAA game (or even, you know, a good game) he still deserves it anyway >:c

Looks like it's definitely an already announced Wii U game.

Updated the OP.

Eh, that's a bit disappointing. In that case, I would like for it to be Super Smash Bros or Bayonetta 2, but I strongly feel that it'll be DKC Tropical Freeze.

It's pretty much the only place they can announce a Smash newcomer within the near future so I'll be surprised if they don't take advantage of that. It's either Smash or Zelda U, I'd say

Eh, that's a bit disappointing. In that case, I would like for it to be Super Smash Bros or Bayonetta 2, but I strongly feel that it'll be DKC Tropical Freeze.

They already revealed new levels for Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze on Spike/GTTV last week, so hopefully that means it will be another game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't theses award shows suck? I always hear negative things about them

Don't theses award shows suck? I always hear negative things about them

Every year they've sucked hard. We only watch them for the game reveals and new trailers for already announced games. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I really hope Mario 3d World, Zelda A Link Between Worlds and Tearaway win some awards, as they are some of this years best games :). Especially Tearaway, with that game being my personal game of the year (man...the ending was just so sad :(, and it felt like it ended so soon too...) with that game being the reason people need to get a Vita. Mario and Zelda are also amazing from what I saw of the games online (don't own a Wii U or a 3ds), so I hope they win some awards (if Mario or Zelda not get best soundtrack.....)

As for Nintendo's announcement, I feel that it has to be huge; they backed out of E3 with no press conference and the Wii U really isn't doing so great right now, so Nintendo showing their face at the VGX (a place notably focused on more 'mature' games...) must mean they have a game that will be huge. I personally think that the game is the Wii U Zelda, as those games make quite the impact (E3 2004 with Twilight Princess's announcement with that epic trailer and Myamoto holding Links sword and shield was quite something).

I really hope Mario 3d World, Zelda A Link Between Worlds and Tearaway win some awards, as they are some of this years best games smile.png. Especially Tearaway, with that game being my personal game of the year (man...the ending was just so sad sad.png, and it felt like it ended so soon too...) with that game being the reason people need to get a Vita. Mario and Zelda are also amazing from what I saw of the games online (don't own a Wii U or a 3ds), so I hope they win some awards (if Mario or Zelda not get best soundtrack.....)

As for Nintendo's announcement, I feel that it has to be huge; they backed out of E3 with no press conference and the Wii U really isn't doing so great right now, so Nintendo showing their face at the VGX (a place notably focused on more 'mature' games...) must mean they have a game that will be huge. I personally think that the game is the Wii U Zelda, as those games make quite the impact (E3 2004 with Twilight Princess's announcement with that epic trailer and Myamoto holding Links sword and shield was quite something).

What if Reggie showed up in a Captian Falcon outfit, Zelda armor, or Metroid Federation armor XD