Awoo.

VGX 2013 Thread of Over-hype and Bad Hosting

Detective Shadzter

A compilation of some of the most awkward moments for people who wasn't able to watch. =P

I've heard that Geoff and Joel lacked chemistry, but I had no idea things were THIS terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qmJUebAZdo

VGX had a severe number of budget cuts in comparison to the previous years and was held at a much smaller venue, had no TV broadcasting this year, no big celebrity appearances, focused mostly on viral internet celebrities, cut down a big chunk of awards being shown live and overall had little to no major reveals. The biggest announcement this year was Telltale doing Game Of Thrones. That's it. It was the most insular presentation ever made and it had the least to ever come with.

Really? no TV appearence this year? was cops reruns more important?! (Yes I'm comparing Spike to G4 they are just as bad with their cops reruns).

Shows how much Spike really gave a crap.

After watching the really embarrassing video posted earlier, finding out that Cranky Kong is still trending on Twitter and reading Carbo's post, I can see now why Nintendo showed DK instead of something new. It almost seemed like they were trolling the VGX and those two idiot hosts! Just listen to Geoff asking them all these questions, and Reggie was all like 'lolnope.' What a bastard (Geoff, not Reggie).

Gotta love that line at the end of the video. 'This is the greatest day in internet history.' Hmmmm in your feeble little mind maybe.

I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me but I honestly thought Joel Mchale was like the best part of the show. I don't who came up with the idea to have him as a co-host but no one should be surprised at the way he acted. Has no one ever seen The Soup or community? Or other events where other comedians (like Conan O'brien for example) go ahead and shit everyone?

Plus, it was fun having someone not just be a PR drone and *gasp* actually asking more decent questions than other "journalists" that were present. And he actually did showed interest on stuff that actually deserved it, like in No Man's Sky. I will admit that he needed to shut up though on some interviews.

Talking about "journalists," did someone give an extra dose of douchebag to Geoff that night? That's why I liked Mchale there, he put Geoff in his place throughout the night. Does everyone remember at the beginning when Geoff tried to put Mchale (which ironically does play video games) on the spot by hinting why he was there in the first place? That's when Mchale started really shitting on Geoff and in various ways calling him a sell out.

If there was a cringeworthy moment then it was during the Nintendo announcement. I'm surprised Reggie didn't slap the shit out of Geoff. I know it wasn't Geoff's and Reggie first rodeo together, but this time Reggie got pissed. Now to be fair, Geoff was asking him some questions everyone had on their mind, but there's a correct way of asking them.

I'm going to go with everyone's opinion on Nintendo's failed opportunity though. They could've shown Cranky Kong, but they should've showed something else. It didn't even have to be something new, just reminding people what's coming would've been good. And even though Nintendo's announcement is still trending on Twitter most of the tweets are about making fun of Nintendo so I don't see how's that good.

The VGX is a joke. I'd really like to see something I actually give a fuck about (Cranky is a "oh neat they added him in the game", not a "stop the presses this is a world premiere"), but I'm not going to pretend Nintendo was wrong or dumb for not doing anything.

The whole event was just...horrid :(. The hosts and the skits were not entertaining at all (well, outside of Joel from Last of Us pulling a Bandaras biggrin.png) and everything felt so...obnoxious; the people there sounded like they did not want to be their and you really felt the conflict between the two hosts (it really looked like they wanted to kill each other mellow.png).

Even the game announcements that were "world permeres" were tame; its sure is GREAT to know that TellTale might suffer from over-development with not just working on Walking Dead S2 and Wolf Among Us but also Borderlands AND Game of Thrones (and we all know what happened to other TellTale games...dam horrid Back to the Future and Jurassic Park dry.png...) and Nintendo JUST showing Cranky Kong (...even though its awesome that we essentially got Scrooge McDuck in Donkey Kong Country know :)) and nothing else really was disappointing.

At least we got the announcement of that awesome space indie game (dat scale with only a four man team....) and seeing more of Quantum Break and Titanfall was nice. The awards given were a bit messed up though (no Nintendo game or Tearaway not nominated for best soundtrack...come on man angry.png) and GTA V winning game of the year was weird, escpeally when Last of Us should have gotten that.

I do hope that we get a better awards show in the futrue though; the gaming industry desirves better.

"Viacom has removed VGX Cringe Moments"

Of course they would.

God those guys work quick.

The only thing that will get me hyped this year or next is Mirror's Edge. Although Dying Light was okay, I guess I am in a tunnel or something. Speaking of which, where the hell is Watch_dogs? I thought the game would be released by now.

The only thing that will get me hyped this year or next is Mirror's Edge. Although Dying Light was okay, I guess I am in a tunnel or something. Speaking of which, where the hell is Watch_dogs? I thought the game would be released by now.

Delayed to Ubi's next fiscal year (after April 2014)