Awoo.

VGX 2013 Thread of Over-hype and Bad Hosting

Detective Shadzter

What if Reggie showed up in a Captian Falcon outfit, Zelda armor, or Metroid Federation armor XD

Now THAT would be epic, especially if he pulls the Falcon Punch on somebody laugh.png!

Plenty of places to tune in this year:

VGX will be streamed across Xbox One, Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 (PS3™), Twitch, iOS and Android devices, and available globally on VGXLIVE.com, Hulu, Yahoo Screen, the Yahoo Screen app and Viacom properties Spike.com, ComedyCentral.com MTV.com, MTV2.com, BET.com and GameTrailers.com. VGX will be live streamed for three-hours on Saturday, December 7, beginning at 6:00 PM ET / 3:00 PM PT. Spike TV will also air highlights of the show as "VGX Replay" on Monday, December 9 at midnight.

http://www.spike.com/vgx/about

I really hope Mario 3d World, Zelda A Link Between Worlds and Tearaway win some awards, as they are some of this years best games smile.png. Especially Tearaway, with that game being my personal game of the year (man...the ending was just so sad sad.png, and it felt like it ended so soon too...) with that game being the reason people need to get a Vita. Mario and Zelda are also amazing from what I saw of the games online (don't own a Wii U or a 3ds), so I hope they win some awards (if Mario or Zelda not get best soundtrack.....)

As for Nintendo's announcement, I feel that it has to be huge; they backed out of E3 with no press conference and the Wii U really isn't doing so great right now, so Nintendo showing their face at the VGX (a place notably focused on more 'mature' games...) must mean they have a game that will be huge. I personally think that the game is the Wii U Zelda, as those games make quite the impact (E3 2004 with Twilight Princess's announcement with that epic trailer and Myamoto holding Links sword and shield was quite something).

It's an already announced game, unless they have a surprise, too:

VGX will also feature Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime presenting a new look at an upcoming Wii U game.

http://www.spike.com/vgx/about

What if Reggie showed up in a Captian Falcon outfit, Zelda armor, or Metroid Federation armor XD

Reggie cosplaying as Captain Falcon would be the single most awesome thing to come out of an event like this

As far as Smash is concerned, if there's a reveal coming my bets are on either Miis, or the playable Little Mac that fucking boxing arena has been hinting at for friggin' forever. Even those aren't sure things though, because Sakurai's definently surprised us before - I'd even say he's getting really good at it.

Don't have high expectations for Nintendo guys.

I know, but Nintendo never really shows up for these type of events, so them showing up must mean they have something to wow everyone there. It would be amazing if they have some new Wii U games announced or a huge 3rd party character join Smash Wii U :).

Don't have high expectations for Nintendo guys.

I know, but Nintendo never really shows up for these type of events, so them showing up must mean they have something to wow everyone there. It would be amazing if they have some new Wii U games announced or a huge 3rd party character join Smash Wii U smile.png.

I agree with RK64, the truth is that when nintendo decides to reveal something at a major event now adays, they proably have something major planned, perhaps not early-mid 90s style crazy, but something big nonetheless

Reggie cosplaying as Captain Falcon would be the single most awesome thing to come out of an event like this

As far as Smash is concerned, if there's a reveal coming my bets are on either Miis, or the playable Little Mac that fucking boxing arena has been hinting at for friggin' forever. Even those aren't sure things though, because Sakurai's definently surprised us before - I'd even say he's getting really good at it.

Too bad there is no way for us to contact him, ask him about it and suggest it, now that could be interesting.... actualy is there a way?

Really hoping its something on Bayo 2, been so long since we got an announcement on it and its the only real thing im hoping gets an announcement soon, smash has had alot of stuff revealed already so something that hasn't had much  put out yet would be nice to save some of smash's announcements for later.

I keep telling myself they won't show anything Kingdom Hearts related...but my heart says otherwise.(gets pelted by rocks)

Seriously though, if not 3(which it probably won't be) then my bets are on Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD.

I'm sorry, but I seriously can't imagine Nintendo coming to an award show like this with just fucking Donkey Kong.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry, but I seriously can't imagine Nintendo coming to an award show like this with just fucking Donkey Kong.

It does kinda strike me as a place they would drop a bomb on, like a Zelda or Metroid game perhaps

How does "an upcoming game" say anything about whether or not we know about it? You and I must have very different definitions of the word "upcoming"

VGX will also feature Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime presenting a new look at an upcoming Wii U game.

'A new look' suggests we've seen this 'upcoming' game before. If it was an unannounced game there would be no need to say 'a new look'. 

Well, Nintendo DID tell us that a Zelda game built for the ground up for the Wii U is coming (with that explaining Wind Waker HD; a game for the Zelda team to become more fimilar with the Wii U hardware and to have some Zelda game out on Wii U until a native Wii U Zelda tittle is made), so this "new look" could be a trailer or even a demo for this new Zelda.

It could also be Mario Kart or Smash; outside of some screen shots and in the case of Smash Bros., announcements of returning characters, we got pretty much nothing on both games, so some announcements for both could happen (cross-overs of other Nintendo characters like Link and Kirby in Mario Kart or a third party character announced for Smash U).

I can't see DK being the "big" announcement at the VGX, as good as the game looks and and petegree behind the team behind it being quite well known, its just another Donkey Kong Country. That's not an insilut, but with the VGX look at the games being shown off there; South Park, Division, Destny, potentially another Deus Ex/Tomb Rader, and more are being shown off, and those big AAA games are going to make DK not that noticeable even if the game has the best presence there, so I have to imagine Nintendo going all out with any announcements they have there, as Nintendo does have some 'mature' games of their own with Bayonetta 2 and X.

Barring the snowball's chance in Hell the Wii U title was the third Sonic game, I probably won't be tuning in.

I am curious what Square will be unveiling. I really hope it's not more Kingdom Hearts titles; they should focus on 3 and stop with this spinoff stuff until that's out, at least. That being said, they were planning a volume 2 for Birth By Sleep weren't they? Who knows.

Volume 2 I'm pretty sure got scrapped in a heart beat after he VERY negative reception it received from press and fans.

Also I don't see why they shouldn't show off a Kingdom Hearts game at VGX. It's a popular series in the gaming world, has two upcoming hyped games and is really the only big thing next to FF people are anticipating/expecting from them.

Also 2.5 isn't a spinoff. It's a HD collection of 2, BBS and Re:Coded.(games that are actually integral to the story. Well, minus Coded) Why wouldn't they focus on that game? It just got announced not long ago, and people are curious about it. Why ignore it when sales wise, 1.5 ended up a major success?

That said, I wouldn't mind a The World Ends With U. Or TWEW2. That series needs some attention!

• Thumbs Up 1

By "spinoff," I refer to games like 358/2 Days that contribute very little to the actual plot. The amount of spinoffs between 2 and 3 is absurd compared to the amount we got between 1 and 2.

Given the positive reception of BBS, its good sales, and the fact Terra, Aqua and Ventus are sure to return to the story, I don't see why they won't throw out a Volume 2 at some point.

Overall, I just want them to take it easy on additional KH material until 3 is out. I'm not counting 2.5 as a new game because it's collecting older titles in the series and isn't really adding to the continuity like a genuine side title would.

Square fortunately has several other good titles so I can safely assume the new titles won't be Kingdom Hearts-related.

They scrapped Volume 2 for a number of reasons IIRC. It wasn't JUST because nobody wanted it. Nobody wanted Coded either

Given the positive reception of BBS, its good sales, and the fact Terra, Aqua and Ventus are sure to return to the story, I don't see why they won't throw out a Volume 2 at some point.

Well, unless I'm mistaken, there apparently was supposed be a Volume 2, but it was reworked into Dream Drop Distance.

I won't be watching this since VGX has always been ridiculously OTT (not in a good way) and wastes too much time on pointless celebrity guests. Nice to see Nintendo get some recognition though, since they tend to ignore them.

They already revealed new levels for Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze on Spike/GTTV last week, so hopefully that means it will be another game.

GTTV showing the game is exactly why the reveal is probably Donkey Kong.

That exclusive segment was probably recorded while they were doing the VGX recordings, and the box-art leak is a bit too coincidental.

The only reason I watch this show these days is for the announcements.

Though that said, the 2012 show was light years ahead in terms of quality than the 2011 one so... meh you never know, maybe they've learnt.

Personally though, if you want a show for awards, either go for the golden joysticks, or the Baftas, those two tend to be pretty good in terms of who they give awards to and entertainment.

Predictions:

Fallout 4.

Uncharted (PS4)

Nintendo title: Either Smash Bros or Donkey Kong.

Sony title: Unannounced Santa Monica game thats aparently in development.

Microsoft title: Pass.

Wildcard: Shenmue 3.

Oh look what just happened.

11203104065_27d5e5ec6a_o.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Why do people keep thinking is its DK

GTTV received exclusive coverage on some new levels which is also where Reggie first teased that they might have something in store for VGX. The GTTV segment was most likely done while simultaneously doing the VGX recordings. The game they're showing off is also implied to be one that's already announced and yesterday Amazon leaked a new box art for the game featuring a fourth playable character.

There is a 90% chance that this is Tropical Freeze. Smash is the only other likely candidate but it probably won't be a big reveal. Expecting anything else is begging for disappointment.

• Thumbs Up 1