Awoo.

VGX 2013 Thread of Over-hype and Bad Hosting

Detective Shadzter

Fallout 4.

Man I can't wait for the new Fallout.

It will be worse than New Vegas now that Obsidian isn't developing and while Bethesda will totally swear it's a new engine guys check this out when it releases it'll be that gamebryo turd with a new coat of paint AGAIN.

But god dammit do I want more Fallout.

Seems one of the square enix games to be shown off will be Thief, so the other one I'm betting is  LR: FF XII

Nah. More like Just Cause 3.

It will be worse than New Vegas now that Obsidian isn't developing and while Bethesda will totally swear it's a new engine guys check this out when it releases it'll be that gamebryo turd with a new coat of paint AGAIN.

Nah. More like Just Cause 3.

Am I the only one who thinks this has the potential to be incredible on the power of a next-gen platform?

Am I the only one who thinks this has the potential to be incredible on the power of a next-gen platform?

No. Open world games have plenty to gain from the extra RAM, standard storage and increased overall capabilities of new consoles.

Even if they still use last gen assets, the smoother framerate alone makes the experience much more pleasant.

I feel like more power to work with just gives Bethesda more potential for ass backwards glitchiness.

• Thumbs Up 1

Me too~

Wait you thought Fallout New Vegas was better than Fallout 3? Can't say I disagree with you though I think both games have their ups and downs. My biggest problem with New Vegas are the glitches and bugs which are far more numerous than 3. I don't think Bethesda will disappoint us in that regard when Fallout 4 comes out. XP

Me too~

Wait you thought Fallout New Vegas was better than Fallout 3? Can't say I disagree with you though I think both games have their ups and downs. My biggest problem with New Vegas are the glitches and bugs which are far more numerous than 3. I don't think Bethesda will disappoint us in that regard when Fallout 4 comes out. XP

IMO New Vegas has a more interesting world (50% of the game isn't metro tunnels!), better characters, main plot and sidequests, as well as being more flexible when it comes to quest resolution. It channels the FO1/2 spirit in a better way that Bethesda's often hammy and blunt efforts. On top of that there's the usual additions to the NPC/enemy roster, item list, skillsets, etc. found in such an iterative pseudosequel.

Unfortunately, yes, NV also iterated on Bethesda's shitty programming. Which coupled with the fact Obsidian is infamous for their own shoddy code devolved into the unstable nature of the game. Still, I was so in love with the game itself I was willing to put up with the inconveniences.

Had a lot of fun with 3 but if I had any say in the matter I'd put Obsidian in charge of the design aspects for 4 any day of the week.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.spike.com/vgx

Hour #1

• VGX Start - The big show kicks off as hosts Joel McHale and Geoff Keighley take us through what kind of surprises are in store at VGX.
  • Our first secret world premiere - We cant divulge all of our secrets, but trust us, you're going to love this one.
  • Smosh reveals the future of video games - What will video games be like in the future? The game at Smosh reveal all at VGX.
  • Tomb Raider announcement - Get a Tomb Raider announcement, exclusively at VGX.
  • Lara Croft in the flesh - Camilla Luddington, the voice behind Lara Croft, appears at VGX.
  • The Vector Monkey finds a home - We're revealing the winner of either Best Action Adventure or Best Sports Game categories. You tell us which you want to see.
  • Reggie takes the stage - Nintendo of America's fearless leader, Reggie Fils-Aime takes the stage for a demo.
  • Another Vector Monkey is awarded - VGX honours another of this year's best games.
  • Quantum Break revealed - VGX is the only place you can get a look into the world of Remedy's next epic title.
  • Get even more Quantum Break - Remedy's Oskari Hakkien stops by VGX to take you deeper into Quantum Break.
  • Bonus world premiere - Another surprise Bonus World Premiere.

Hour #2

• South Park and the Stick of Truth - Cartman, Kyle, Stan, and Kenny set out on their most epic journey ever.
  • Game of the Year Award - The creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, award this year's top honours.
  • Mega 64 - Rocco and Shawn thought we left some awards out, so they filled in some of the gaps.
  • Destiny arrives at VGX - Bungies latest title shines in this exclusive premiere.
  • VICE's Motherboard takes on Donkey Kong - Go behind the scenes and see the biggest rivalry this year's Donkey Kong world championships.
  • A new look at Broken Age - Double Fine's Tim Schafer helps pull back the curtain on his next creation.
  • Rooster Teeth present the pick for Cameo of the Year - You're never going to guess who wins.
  • World premieres as chosen by you - You tell us which world premiere you want to see next: Tom Clancy's The Division or The Withcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Who will be crowned best indie game? - Find out which little studio takes home the big award.
  • Secret world premiere #2 - Another all-new game, brought to you by VGX.

Hour #3

• Zombies infect VGX - See if you can survive this demo of Dying Light.
  • VGX welcomes PEWDIEPEW - One of YouTube's biggest names visits VGX.
  • Thief steals the show - Get an exclusive world premiere for the latest entry in this beloved franchise.
  • You choose the award - We're revealing the winner of either Best Shooter or Studio of the Year categiories. You tell us which you want to see.
  • We name the character of the year - You voted, now find out who you chose as your Character of the Year.
  • Another awesome world premiere - We've got some of this year's biggest trailers - only at VGX.
  • One final VGX award - You decide which award you want to see handed out.
  • Titanfall world premiere - VGX welcomes Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella for an exclusive look at one of next year's biggest games.
  • Rockstar rocks the house - An exclusive one night only performance of the music of Grand Theft Auto V
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh god that sounds like the worst conference ever. Pewdiepie? Seriously? I can't believe what I'm willing to put up with for game announcements........

• Thumbs Up 4

hmm wonder if any of those secret premires could be nintendo related as well? and we just got it essentialy confirmed that the reveal is NOT donkey kong, why would they waste the announcement for that when they already have a segment devoted straight to it

So yeah ought to be interesting to see what we get, but going to wait and see what happens after

I've been meaning to play the new Tomb Raider, and I want to buy as many games on next-gen platforms when the option's there as I can, so I'd actually be interested in picking that up. 

Ohhhhhhh?

Ba5nqgGIIAEQUDf.jpg

The fact is that it DOESNT need to be reggies main announcement, it could easily be saved to be shown in the DK gameplay segment which we do know is happening, and I doubt reggie would be coming just for that announcement

hmm wonder if any of those secret premires could be nintendo related as well? and we just got it essentialy confirmed that the reveal is NOT donkey kong, why would they waste the announcement for that when they already have a segment devoted straight to it

So yeah ought to be interesting to see what we get, but going to wait and see what happens after

I think you're confused.

This

VICE's Motherboard takes on Donkey Kong - Go behind the scenes and see the biggest rivalry this year's Donkey Kong world championships.

is talking about the original Donkey Kong.

Oops!

Two of the three big world exclusive never before seen reveals are a telltale game and an indi game.

Any point in watching this show now?

Two of the three big world exclusive never before seen reveals are a telltale game and an indi game.

Any point in watching this show now?

Reggie! luckily thats right at the beginning, then I can go off

*Looks at my topical title and tags*

• Over-hype = Correct
  • Geoff Keighley is a bellend = Correct
  • Bad hosting = Well, I didn't mean host the damn rehearsals online before the show even began. So they exceeded expectations there.

Tomb Raider announcement has been leaked.

itcbPs9fOyiad.gif

I was going to say what's new there, but then I remembered that the news I saw about that this past week was only rumour or something.

We might have the third exclusive... and it's... jesus H christ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m365Z5wrSWw

as_zpsf7831a47.png