Awoo.

VGX 2013 Thread of Over-hype and Bad Hosting

Detective Shadzter

*Looks at my topical title and tags*

• Over-hype = Correct
  • Geoff Keighley is a bellend = Correct
  • Bad hosting = Well, I didn't mean host the damn rehearsals online before the show even began. So they exceeded expectations there.

You forgot major disappointment

We might have the third exclusive... and it's... jesus H christ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m365Z5wrSWw

as_zpsf7831a47.png

and this is surprising how? though the fact half of its movie footage is slightly worrying

On a serious note though, I think we are underestimating nintendo and Reggie, they are relizing they need solid marketing and hype, they are starting to get the marketing under control, whos to say they wont use the event tonight to generate some hype

And I highly doubt he would waste it on cranky kong, or at least that that would be the only announcement

On a serious note though, I think we are underestimating nintendo and Reggie, they are relizing they need solid marketing and hype, they are starting to get the marketing under control, whos to say they wont use the event tonight to generate some hype

And I highly doubt he would waste it on cranky kong, or at least that that would be the only announcement

Reggie's segment is only a live demo.

If it was something big you'd see Nintendo hyping this up for at least a week.

Live stream links.

VGX Live

Twitch

Steam

Gametrailers

Polygon stream

Game Informer

Destructoid Reaction Livestream

Spike.com

ComedyCentral.com

MTV.com

MTV2.com

BET.com

Yahoo Screen App

Yahoo Screen

Also available to watch on your Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, Twitch, iOS, and Android devices. No stream available on the PS4

Local time converter:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=VGXtreeeeeme&iso=20131207T18&p1=179&ah=3

Award for best voice actor goes to... http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/llg0hn/vgx-pre-play--best-voice-actor---actress-award

Troy Baker as Joel and Ashley Johnson as Ellie in The Last of Us.

Actualy here is thought, what if one of those game reveals is a nintendo one? just a thought

I'm not gonna watch this, sounds like crap (Pewdiepie, really?). I'm still not sure about Reggie announcing just Cranky Kong appearing in DKCR, there must be more to it than that ffs it's the VGX! Don't you want people to want to buy a Wii U Nintendo? Don't you want people to be hyped about whatever game is coming out soon for the console?

They can't waste it on Cranky Kong they just can't. T~T

• Thumbs Up 1

Hoping against all hope that Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is the Nintendo game. It was technically announced way back in January. It would be nice to get an update on it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Zelda U has already been announced as well. We just have no actual information on it. They've dropped plenty of hints about it. It's unlikely, but not out of the question

Zelda U has already been announced as well. We just have no actual information on it. They've dropped plenty of hints about it. It's unlikely, but not out of the question

I wouldn't count the fact that they've said a Zelda game is in development for Wii U as a proper game announcement. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I wouldn't count the fact that they've said a Zelda game is in development for Wii U as a proper game announcement. 

They've said it's in development, though. We know it exists. Staff are constantly talking about it and dropping hints about it, about how great it's going to be and how they wish they could tell people more about it. How does a single screenshot or vague teaser or poster make it any more of an "announcement?" At the end of the day they're both going to get the exact same reaction both upon the initial announcement and when the game is finally talked about in-detail. The confirmation that the game exists is the announcement. Anything else is just added detail.

They've said it's in development, though. We know it exists. Staff are constantly talking about it and dropping hints about it, about how great it's going to be and how they wish they could tell people more about it. How does a single screenshot or vague teaser or poster make it any more of an "announcement?" At the end of the day they're both going to get the exact same reaction both upon the initial announcement and when the game is finally talked about in-detail. The confirmation that the game exists is the announcement. Anything else is just added detail.

When I see a game announced, I expect some details or media that give me an idea of what makes a game a game. Until then it's just a behind the scenes project that may or may not be released.

Yeah, but you still know it's coming, sometime.

And we start the show with a jelly like penis.

And cogs, so many cogs.

I like how everybody is standing with their hands in their pockets.

Why is this guy pointing at his crotch with his thumbs?

"The female orgasm doesn't exist"

... . ... Well theres one for feminist freequency...

• Thumbs Up 1

Only staying till Reggie announces whatever here is for, after that I will rely on you guys for anything interesting