Awoo.

What's your envisionment of a Sonic cartoon?

KirbyGamer91

Sonic the Series

This series would consist of game adaptations and original stories. There'd be a nice balance between humor and serious stories. The only really important human would be Dr. Eggman, and to a lesser extent, Gerald and Maria. Other humans would appear since it's based largely on the games, but they'd be background characters, not sidekicks like Chris. I'd like to see it animated by the same people who did Transformers Animated. The voices would be performed by the best VAs in the business.

Characters

Sonic: He'll be the same speedster with attitude as he was always meant to be.

Tails: He'll be the same mechanically-inclined kid sidekick as he is in most incarnations of Sonic.

Knuckles: He'll be the guardian of the Master Emerald. He'll be gullible, but the gullibility won't be exaggerated into stupidity.

Amy: She'll still be in love with Sonic, but her stalking will be toned down just a little. Over the series, she'll evolve from a damsel in distress into a fairly capable fighter.

Big and Cream/Cheese will appear, but not too often.

Shadow: He'll never touch a gun or vehicle. Other than that, he'll be the same brooding anti-hero he is in the games.

Rouge: She'll be the same flirty jewel thief/government agent we're used to.

Gamma: NO SQUEAKY VOICE! Other than that, he'll be the same as he was in SA1.

Omega: He'll start out as the trigger-happy robot he was in Heroes, but may soften up a little with each appearance.

Eggman: He'll be the same mad scientist as he is in the games.

Metal Sonic: He'll start out as a loyal minion of Dr. Eggman, then evolve into a villain people can care about. He won't just be a crazy killing machine.

SERA: She'll be the AI in Eggman's base computer and, as Metal develops sentience, his only friend. She'll become sentient herself, but remain loyal to Eggman.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Mechano

• Flyboy Fox

• redmenace

• Kiljoy

I'd want a hardcore Sonic cartoon! something more dramatic.

Based more on the games would be epic.

I'd want something very serious, tapping into the personal battles the Sonic characters face in everyday life.

Amy's conflict over her feelings for Sonic.

Shadow's constant clash over his own motives.

Tails' struggle to be noticed, and to make something of himself.

I would want something deeper, more significant.

I think that would be great to have a more serious look at the Sonic universe, SatAM semi did that, but I'd really like the game characters to be developed in that way.

but it'd need some releif once in a while, have humor sprinkled on. =D

That would be a great series in my opinion. :)

Edited by Trixie The Fox

It's really simple; an anime based on Dash and Spin

• 1 month later...

I bet die-hards will all be watching the latest Sonic cartoon, even when they're in their eighties. But with Sonic X, I think maybe they zapped the potential for quite a while. Sure, X was, good when it started, but after season 1, which set the stage for the Adventure adaptations, they didn't seem to have a clear cut direction for the show. I don't mind the simple single episodes for the characterizations, but it all was kinda filler to extend it, nothing that you knew would lead up to something big for the season finale, it didn't have suspense as to what would happen. The show was kinda a setup for the Chaos & Shadow Sagas. Season 3 was an epic they implemented to keep it going, there wasn't a NEED to see the show go on. (sure, we all want shows to go on, but when they keep you craving, it's all the more [it is THE more] reason to keep tuned in) I did like the characterization in season 3, don't get me wrong.

So we don't have much potential here for a new show, I was wondering if you had ideas on a new shows setting. I think they should follow along the time of post Sonic X when the characters are a bit more matured. Maybe introduce the new concepts in the current games. And would it be computer animated? This puzzles me. Of course, this will be years from, now; so, I'm just speculating.

Personally, I think if they HAD to make a new show, a non stale idea would be to make a crossover between him and Mario. Mario, hasn't had a show for years, and they could poke fun at each others concepts and strange anomalies. I know it could be pulled off because I make fan comics of it. My brothers says they'd never make another Mario series, but I can't believe that because that's horrible in a long term thought.

P.S.: Please don't just say they shouldn't make crummy cartoons based in video game concepts. I'll respect your op, but that's not what this is about.

Already a topic like this, so I merged the two together. Next time, use the search function! (:

gawd I hope I didn't screw up or something D: I've heard the stories

I sort of see a cartoon that takes the dynamics from other Sonic shows and make it its own. Sort of like the drama of SATAM, the silliness of AoStH, and the action of the OVA (nothing from Sonic X or Underground) and combine it with solid writing and witty humor. The series will flow in a episodic fashion, but shall not follow the "robot of the week" formula. Rather, mix it with stories about the world they live in, the robot of the week and a loosely based plot that all comes together in the final few episodes of the season. The stories will mostly be original, or they could practically reimagine the video game canon and make it flow into one show. But, I prefer the former. Sonic anchors the show, but other characters in the series help move the story along. It is possible to manage an entire series with so many characters while still having Sonic not be outshunned (i.e. Spectacular Spidey, One Piece). As for VAs, I don't really care. Animation style should be stylized in a way that'll give the sense of...uh...well more of its own rather than copying the other shows style. Or even CGI would be fine. Maybe the same guys who animated Spectacular Spider-Man, Avatar or...whoever did the Night of the Werehog short.

But, yeah. It needs to be in the hands of a staff that has a huge imagination, basically. Mixing the old and new while making it their own.

Already a topic like this, so I merged the two together. Next time, use the search function! (:

gawd I hope I didn't screw up or something D: I've heard the stories

Thanks for the tip and the risk!! I shoulda known this had happened. I have kinda a slow comp, so now I'm glad I can use the search. I didn't notice it there before.

The kid inside me wants to see what Sonic's world is like. Seriously. I was hoping after episode 26 that we'd get to see it... then boom, that doesn't happen! >.<

So... yeah. Sonic X Season 4/Series 3, ON SONIC'S PLANET. Not Space. Not Earth. Sonic's World.

I don't care about the details, Just let me see the planet Sonic and Co. come from!

I'd rather see a portrayl of the classic gamestory with a nod here and there to prior as well as an adaptation of some of the characters and ideas from the cartoons and comics where they fit.