Awoo.

All PSN users, change your password now

Badnik Mechanic

So aparently Sony is sending out emails advising people to change their PSN passwords imediately.

No idea why or whats going on but a number of users are reporting their accounts have been compromised. one suggestion is that the old FIFA hack that was around on the Xbox 360 version of the game is being used, only this time for PS3/4 owners.

However some are saying they've never played a Fifa game before and still had accounts compromised.

Edit: Something is also going on with people who have an Adobe account. Change that one too.

Probably the usual Fifa round of brute forcing hacks since 14 came out and EA still ain't fixed it. The normal procedure in these cases is a password reset, hence the mail.

I didn't get any emails tho.

However some are saying they've never played a Fifa game before and still had accounts compromised

It just uses Fifa as a gateway to EA servers.

According to a mod over at the english forums.

Everyone will have to change their password by the end of next week.

No idea what the cause is, but IGN are hinting that it is something to do with Fifa 14, it sounds very similar to that exploit which happened to Xbox 360 users about a year or two ago.

The popular theory is that the passwords stolen from Adobe (which were lots BTW and can be downloaded by anyway at this moment) are being used to target PSN users. The only hole is that how do they know they have PSN accounts. But better be safe then to be sorry so change those passwords and check your accounts.

Sigh...I don't even create a psn account, because I don't have a ps4 yet and now passwords have to be reset, FRIGGIN network hackers. >=(

Got this message a few weeks ago when I couldn't sign it; thought something bad happened to my account and since I didn't use my exact birthday (was younger when I got my PS3 back in 2011), it was a bit of a pain resetting my password :(.

At least Sony is telling everyone this now so people can avoid having that fear of loosing access to their account happening to them :).

:| I forgot my account details.....

I haven't actually manually put them in since I got them......

And I think I signed up with my dad's email....

I need to change that....

• Thumbs Up 1

The only hole is that how do they know they have PSN accounts.

They can just try the Adobe email.

Free games Sony pl0xswagyolo420

Seems like you should be asking for free EA games*. Or free Photoshop.

* it would be fifa 13 and origin only

And this is why you use information that's true (but not stabbing at your privacy) and take passwords you can remember easily, people. D:

I always use a certain set of password combinations, just with twists or differences. Just some advice here.

Well I've had my PS3 and Xbox since 2006-2007 so that explains forgetting my password, maybe having "auto sign in" isn't such a good idea 4-5 years down the line... lol

• Thumbs Up 1

My PSN account isn't tied to my Adobe e-mail and I already changed my Adobe e-mail when the issue related to that first came up. I also changed my PSN password around three months ago. Man, what is this nonsense?

Also I laugh at all of you who don't remember your account information.

Well I've had my PS3 and Xbox since 2006-2007 so that explains forgetting my password, maybe having "auto sign in" isn't such a good idea 4-5 years down the line... lol

True enough, I admit it makes me forget my password sometimes, but a few tries gets me in anyhow.

Ok this can't be a coincidence.

Just changed my password and now I'm promoted to download firmware 1.08.

Edit Nevermind, it's a playstation store update, not major console stuff.

Shit, I haven't been able to log into my PSN account for some time now. It still recognizes that there is an account under my email address, but none of my passwords work, and it won't let me reset it.

I didn't even get the email to reset it for this incident.