Awoo.

All PSN users, change your password now

Badnik Mechanic

Shit, I haven't been able to log into my PSN account for some time now. It still recognizes that there is an account under my email address, but none of my passwords work, and it won't let me reset it.

I didn't even get the email to reset it for this incident.

You gotta manually reset it; go into you account log-in page and select change password, then you type in your birthday and some random stuff (the security password thing with typing in the words/numbers off a clustered image) and you will then get an email sent to your account.

After than, you open up the email, click the link given, give yourself a new password and then you get back access to PSN :).

...Unless you didn't type in your real birthday when setting up your account...which I did....but otherwise you will be fine.

Haven't had an e-mail or PSN message about this, but I've changed my password anyway. 

You gotta manually reset it; go into you account log-in page and select change password, then you type in your birthday and some random stuff (the security password thing with typing in the words/numbers off a clustered image) and you will then get an email sent to your account.

After than, you open up the email, click the link given, give yourself a new password and then you get back access to PSN smile.png.

...Unless you didn't type in your real birthday when setting up your account...which I did....but otherwise you will be fine.

Thats the thing though, I tried resetting it manually before, but it kept telling me that it was "unable to validate your email and birth date".

I had hoped that these emails that we're all getting would've reached my account so I could reset it from there, but I never got one.

Thats the thing though, I tried resetting it manually before, but it kept telling me that it was "unable to validate your email and birth date".

I had hoped that these emails that we're all getting would've reached my account so I could reset it from there, but I never got one.

I guess your typing in the wrong email and birth date then; when I reset mine, my email was correct but birthday wasn't, so I took me a number of retries till I typed the correct one. I would say keep trying until you get it right; I'm sure you can figure out the correct email fast and if you typed in the correct birthday it should be no issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

This week has been an onslaught of bad news, so many low blows every where man...

NYTimes: Meteor inbound, officials say everyone will fucking die

• Thumbs Up 4

Don't tell me Sony f**ked up again... dry.png

It's not a Sony thing. Theres currently 2 leading theories.

1: It's to do with EA's Fifa 14 ultimate team exploit which has affected Xbox 360 users too.

2: It's to do with Adobes recent password hack.

Haven't had an e-mail or PSN message about this, but I've changed my password anyway. 

Same here, just to be on the safe side.

Well I've had my PS3 and Xbox since 2006-2007 so that explains forgetting my password, maybe having "auto sign in" isn't such a good idea 4-5 years down the line... lol

I was in the same situation. Fortunately, I just remembered that I made a note of it on my phone which was a relief, so I was able to change my password in the end.

PSN (Oh I'm sorry, SEN), has the security of a slice of swiss cheese iirc.

meh, I changed my password. I have a bunch of dummy accounts, but I never use them.

No wonder I couldn't sign in to the PSN webstore earlier. Signed on my Vita right now, asked me to change my password. 

I guess your typing in the wrong email and birth date then; when I reset mine, my email was correct but birthday wasn't, so I took me a number of retries till I typed the correct one. I would say keep trying until you get it right; I'm sure you can figure out the correct email fast and if you typed in the correct birthday it should be no issue.

OH HEY! Turns out my birth date was actually incorrect! I was awfully worried something might've been wrong with my account.

Thanks man. Really saved my bacon there.

Just changed all my PSN passwords, eventhought my credit card is only registered in the brazilian one. Stay safe guys.

OH HEY! Turns out my birth date was actually incorrect! I was awfully worried something might've been wrong with my account.

Thanks man. Really saved my bacon there.

No problem, glad to help smile.png. You don't want to lose access to those PS+ games wink.png.

Exactly, what are the consequences of this? I mean, if it don't change the password and this so called hacker obtain it (aside from free games and DLC, of course)?

I'm asking because at the moment, i'm using my PS3 in a place where it can't connect to the Internet, but it will soon return home: i just need to know if i must speed things up.

It's not so much about your account as it is the Debit/Credit Card info you might have on it.

I only use PSN card, so i might not have any problems ?

At the time of this message I don't receive any e-mail from Sony, and the official French Playstation website don't say anything on the subject. So is this only affecting USA or ...? huh.png

Well, if you have PSN purchases you might be worried about those too.

Or if you actually give a shit about Trophies even though they're meaningless compared to Gamerscore.

Basically just change it anyways.

Well, if you have PSN purchases you might be worried about those too.

Or if you actually give a shit about Trophies even though they're meaningless compared to Gamerscore.

Basically just change it anyways.

Thanks, I just change it

I do love how everybody on SSMB changed their password despite there being no source in the OP.

Anyway... some more info.

There was a massive hack last week in which 2 million facebook, gmail and twitter account details got taken http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/04/technology/security/passwords-stolen/

IGN:  also have a similar story.

Now, because a lot of people 'link' their sony accounts to facebook, and you can bet some people have the same account names/passwords for those services, this action might just be a precaution.

Thread on GAF about emails being sent from sony.

Now last night I saw on the official playstation forums a message from one of the mods saying that everybody would eventually get the password reset email, only I can't find that link now.

So odds are even if you've changed your password, you'll get a mail prompting you to do it again.