Awoo.

Lobodestroyo, an Indie Rare-esque Platformer

Tani Coyote

It was unnecessary because of the goal being reached, but I upped my contribution to $50, simply because "I can technically afford it." Besides, I wanted at least one Kickstarter secret area and they weren't offering Da Club at the $25 level. /8<

It probably wouldn't be that hard to win Jon over, especially with how they're describing the game.

If he did it for free, that'd be awesome, but basic self-interest says any special guest star will probably want something out of it.

Then again David Humphrey does a lot of voice work for Press Start and I'm pretty sure he's not paid for it... so who knows!

Though with this budget they're working with offering a few hundred or so for a quick voice job wouldn't be too difficult.

The game has now hit its PS4 goal! Good for the Sony peeps.

It's really awesome to see this get funded and I'm excited to see how the final game turns out. Definitely gonna be picking it up on Wii U when it releases. biggrin.png

1,089 dollars to go until there's an Xbox One port as well.

I will probably use this game to help justify a Wii U purchase, myself. To date I only have SLW, so it'd be nice to have some more stuff on it. I'll just have to keep myself distracted to avoid going crazy in the 6 month gap. I think it's too late to get the necessary credit card info to contribute so I'll just have to wait it out.

The project looks sweet overall, however, and I can't wait to see what the final product looks like. Who knows, this could gain a cult following and become a huge success in retail. smile.png

Annnnd the Xbox One port just barely made it! Barring money suddenly being withheld, this is going to be fully multiplatform!

I'm really amazed how quickly everyone was able to come together. Kickstarter wasn't kidding; when there's an aura of desperation donations flow in much, much faster.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes! I can see this being a relatively-big retail success with the nostalgia behind it; if nothing else the Kickstarter money means that the bottom line isn't too crippling, so there's always room for a sequel.

Personally, the fact this game can go multiplatform on its limited resources is just making me have disdain for the big name gaming companies even more, though. If a small dev team could make a game multiplatform, why can't a much larger and much better financed team do the same? I guess it's the old argument that most gaming companies care more about pouring tons of money into a title than actually developing a solid game...

If this does well, maybe, just maybe, it'll convince Microsoft to let Rare launch a Banjo 3. In the meantime, looks like Lobo's going to be joining the platformer resurgence.

Cool, now everyone actually has a way to play this game though im most likely just going to get it for wii u (since it wouldn't feel right on anything else for me) but its cool that now there is no excuse to miss it.