Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

22 hours ago, FriesWithoutKetchup said:

With all due respect, I'd also argue that constant negativity and pessimism about a movie that there's not even a trailer of yet... isn't very constructive either.

"NO U" should be avoided as well. I really don't see what so unreasonable about stating honest negative observations about the information we have so far. If you're optimistic about the movie, great, just talk about that then, don't police others on when and how they're allowed to think what they think.

1 hour ago, Natie said:

"NO U" should be avoided as well. I really don't see what so unreasonable about stating honest negative observations about the information we have so far. If you're optimistic about the movie, great, just talk about that then, don't police others on when and how they're allowed to think what they think.

...how is anyone 'policing' them? People are allowed to think and say whatever they want, this is a public forum area where they're allowed to post their thoughts and opinions as much as they want. If someone's saying that someone CAN'T have a certain opinion or say something, then sure, that's policing them and shouldn't be taking place.

That also means that people are allowed to criticize their thoughts and opinions, which people do on this site ALL the time.

If someone is optimistic about the movie and says as much here on this site, they're opening themselves up to criticism, rebuttal, argumentation, etc. The same applies to people who're negative about the movie.

Some of the people who are negative are looking at all of the available information about the movie and expressing their disdain for it, which is fine. Similarly, if people feel like the general mood and outlook towards the movie is far too negative, why on Earth shouldn't they be allowed to express as much?

If groups of people wanna be negative about the movie, that's fine... but that doesn't shield them from polite and civil criticism or opposing opinions, even if those opinions are about their negative outlook.

1 hour ago, FriesWithoutKetchup said:

If someone is optimistic about the movie and says as much here on this site, they're opening themselves up to criticism, rebuttal, argumentation, etc. The same applies to people who're negative about the movie.

Some of the people who are negative are looking at all of the available information about the movie and expressing their disdain for it, which is fine. Similarly, if people feel like the general mood and outlook towards the movie is far too negative, why on Earth shouldn't they be allowed to express as much?

True, and I'm able to criticize your criticism and you can criticize my criticism of your criticism of...

gee this kinda goes nowhere huh. Almost like an overly convoluted scapegoat.

Bruh, all I'm sayin is these unwarranted assertions of someones character is unnecessary and unrelated to the actual topic. How about, if you dont like what somebody said about the movie, actually make a counter point about what you think and engage a debate instead of passive aggressively going  "well u guys are all just blindly mad and love to hate things" which amounts to little more than saying "yeah well ur just stupid". It's not a counterpoint, its a cheap shutdown.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Natie said:

True, and I'm able to criticize your criticism and you can criticize my criticism of your criticism of...

gee this kinda goes nowhere huh. Almost like an overly convoluted scapegoat.

Bruh, all I'm sayin is these unwarranted assertions of someones character is unnecessary and unrelated to the actual topic. How about, if you dont like what somebody said about the movie, actually make a counter point about what you think and engage a debate instead of passive aggressively going  "well u guys are all just blindly mad and love to hate things" which amounts to little more than saying "yeah well ur just stupid". It's not a counterpoint, its a cheap shutdown.

Well, first of all, I don't believe that I made any unwarranted assertions of someone's character. I also never said that everyone was blindly mad and love to hate things. I only argued that being overly negative and pessimistic wasn't very constructive.

7 minutes ago, FriesWithoutKetchup said:

Well, first of all, I don't believe that I made any unwarranted assertions of someone's character. I also never said that everyone was blindly mad and love to hate things. I only argued that being overly negative and pessimistic wasn't very constructive.

As well, I was not even referring to what you specifically were doing/saying rather what you seemed to be defending by jumping on my first post that was addressed to everyone else and saying "bein mad when we dont even have a trailer is bad too". But I am going to cut this off because you are an unshakable man with a plan and I wont waste ur time. Just don't like interesting discussion getting put down for bein' "too pessimistic".  

2 hours ago, Natie said:

As well, I was not even referring to what you specifically were doing/saying rather what you seemed to be defending by jumping on my first post that was addressed to everyone else and saying "bein mad when we dont even have a trailer is bad too". But I am going to cut this off because you are an unshakable man with a plan and I wont waste ur time. Just don't like interesting discussion getting put down for bein' "too pessimistic".  

Negativity and Sonic have always had this symbiotic relationship so this reaction is expected. 

Hey, why can't we be upset at the direction of a film before it's first trailer anyways? Any little bit of information they can give before the trailer is a form of advertising the movie. If there's no trailer, there's no reason to not form opinions on it, as we're still getting something to talk about regardless.

After all, when the Emoji Movie was announced to be a thing, people hated it right off the bat. No plot details, but still hated. But apparently the Sonic movie is an exception to these general audience reactions?

3 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, if he says that he likes to do polar opposites of current characters when signing onto new projects, and Westworld was "heavy", I guess we can safely assume that the Sonic movie is not going to be edgy or too dramatic. I hope there's still plenty of action, though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently Sega has nothing to do with the Sonic movie outside of character licensing.

This is coming from Johnny Gioeli, the guy who did Un-Gravitify and Sonic Heroes.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Apparently Sega has nothing to do with the Sonic movie outside of character licensing.

This is coming from Johnny Gioeli, the guy who did Un-Gravitify and Sonic Heroes.

I just the the news on Twitter as well. While I'm taken aback by this just a little, I'm more intrigued than anything else and I want to know what they have planned. I'm still optimistic, and will be until we at least get a trailer. 

1 minute ago, PeterPancake said:

I always had a feeling that Sega wasn't going to be that involved, creatively, at least. 

TSSZ recommends that we take this info with a grain of salt, as SEGA must have some kind of hold on the movie, like the approval process.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Spooks said:

TSSZ recommends that we take this info with a grain of salt, as SEGA must have some kind of hold on the movie, like the approval process.

I'm guessing the latter. Kinda like Saban with the Power Rangers movie or Marvel with the old Spider-Man movies

• Thumbs Up 2

I should point out that it was mentioned earlier that Paramount is working with SEGA of America.  

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180222005876/en/SEGA-America-Paramount-Pictures-Finalize-Agreement-Co-produce 

EDIT: Takashi Izuka confirms he’s supervising the Sonic Movie. https://www.twitter.com/JonygameC/status/1010263101994827776

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/19/2018 at 7:44 PM, Shadowlax said:

Yup, just as expected. SEGA might not be too involved in the creative process, but they have control over what's approved and whatnot. 

4 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

With how Sega has treated Sonic lately, not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. At least Sonic and Amy possibly have a chance at becoming a couple, without Sega interfering again, like they did with Sonic Boom.

• Fist Bump 1

17 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

How true is this?

Read my post, because I don’t think it’ll be easy to tell.

41 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

With how Sega has treated Sonic lately, not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. At least Sonic and Amy possibly have a chance at becoming a couple, without Sega interfering again, like they did with Sonic Boom.

This is conflicting.  Creativity liberty is good to an extent, but not to where it detours from its identity which is obviously happening. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

5 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:
hing to do with the Sonic movie outside of character licensing.

Wait, he did Un-Gravitify? Guess my fairly recent appreciation for it makes even more sense.

1 hour ago, Operationgamer17 said:

I should point out that it was mentioned earlier that Paramount is working with SEGA of America.  

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180222005876/en/SEGA-America-Paramount-Pictures-Finalize-Agreement-Co-produce 

EDIT: Takashi Izuka confirms he’s supervising the Sonic Movie. https://www.twitter.com/JonygameC/status/1010263101994827776

Well, duh.

So, according to Van, he say that he had meet with Iizuka in Tokyo . He say that he was an nice guy and care more about Sonic.:

Df8TjZ_VQAA5GFK.jpg

Source: https://old.reddit.com/r/SonicTheHedgehog/comments/8kklw2/seeing_some_iizuka_hate_in_the_fanbase_so_here/dz8wuhi/

So, since, the movie is set in a small town, I imagine of Sonic having an big fight with Metal Sonic. So, I decided to used all my creative skills to draw this.:

sonic_vs__metal_sonic_by_kitsuoi-dcf6ij4.jpg

BTW, the two buildings which are both located in the town where the movie will be filmed in this picture will be used for the movie. The small yellow building will be converted into an police station, while the big red building next to it, will be an doughnut shop. 

store-good.jpg.6f8f4857d143a42257cf09fee8a859fb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

So I was right. Sega/Lizuka get final say on the creative decisions while the writers pitch different ideas 

22 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I don’t know, if I should believe this guy. He doesn’t work for Sega. I know he is the vocalist of Crush 40. Maybe he just joking around with us, or maybe he may hint that he may make an song for the movie. I don’t know. This is kinda confusing.

So, according to that CTV News article about James being in the Sonic movie, he hope that his kids will be eager to see him in the movie. He admit that his kids weren’t interested in his acting career. They were underwhelmed what he do. They always seem to find his career kind of strange. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Takashi Iizuka says he is supervising the Sonic movie

It didn’t take long before Johnny Gioeli’s remarks about the Sonic movie were contradicted by Takashi Iizuka. Seeing that Iizuka’s remarks came from a private conversation on Facebook, out of respect for privacy, an image of the conversation isn’t in this post. However, we’ll provide you a link to where it was relayed, which is here. That said, Iizuka says that he is “touching this project as supervisor”. It didn’t take long before Johnny Gioeli’s remarks about the Sonic movie were contradicted by Takashi Iizuka. Seeing that Iizuka’s remarks came from a private conversation on Facebook, out of respect for privacy, an image of the conversation isn’t in this post. However, we’ll provide you a link to where it was relayed, which is here. That said, Iizuka says that he is “touching this project as supervisor”.

Source

• Thumbs Up 1