Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, PeterPancake said:

Ideal way? You mean he could like, want to use Sonic to help him rule the world? That would be interesting.  I was thinking more he wants to dissect/kill Sonic. Maybe he's putting on a facade and Sonic knows the truth about his plans to rule the world and Robotnik doesn't want it getting out. I'm kinda spitballing ideas here.

It would be really cool if Carrey portrayed Eggman in a similar way to Count Olaf from Unfortunate Events 

Dissect and then kill, huh? Yeah, that's probably one of the main reasons the government's after him in the first place. They just wanna figure out what the heck he is and how he can move so fast. 

If Eggman acted like he did here, I would be so creeped out lol. But I'd also find it very funny and entertaining! 

So, I made a post about the filming in Metro Vancouver a couple of days ago. I was thinking there may be an city setting in the movie after all. YVRShoots sometimes refer Downtown   Vancouver by saying Metro Vancouver in some of their posts like this one.:

http://yvrshoots.com/2016/08/shoot-supergirl-cousins-kara-danvers-melissa-benoist-clark-kent-tyler-hoechlin-in-vancouver.html

I know, this may be a bit off topic, by I want to show you that the source, that say the movie will begin filming in Metro Vancouver, have refer Downtown Vancouver by saying Metro Vancouver before in some of their posts before.

Imagine, if they still going to filmed in Atlanta as their film location. They would probably filmed in Downtown Atlanta.:

15052FF2-29F5-4464-9B88-95F4FD704D81.thumb.jpeg.0e7a3b5721732614c315004a3274e45b.jpeg42FCD6E3-59D1-4594-8D80-504E0BCB0188.thumb.jpeg.c58f33dd177deb6506c8e6d2df969432.jpeg857FFA16-925B-4B83-8CC5-497B0E331E34.jpeg.f52c513e636506a03070e694b1eaa667.jpeg

Man, it would be nice to see the movie filmed there. Oh well, I guess the issues with the taxes might have prevent that from happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Spooks said:

Dissect and then kill, huh? Yeah, that's probably one of the main reasons the government's after him in the first place. They just wanna figure out what the heck he is and how he can move so fast. 

If Eggman acted like he did here, I would be so creeped out lol. But I'd also find it very funny and entertaining! 

Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out how Eggman fits into this plot. A lot directions they can take this. 

Yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at lol. Eggman is unhinged and a bit insane. But to everyone else he wears a mask. I can easily imagine Carrey screaming "I WANT THAT HEDGEHOG!!!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait.

Isn't the alleged plot for this movie that Sonic ends up in a small town for the majority of the movie?

Yet the bulk of the filming is in a bit urban city?

Something doesn't add up.

I was speculating that there may be a city setting. They say that they will be filming in a small town called Ladysmith, but they won’t start filming there until September.

Filming will take place starting in mid-September for somewhere in the range of eight to 11 days along First Avenue, between Roberts Street and Gatacre Street.

Source:https://www.ladysmithchronicle.com/news/paramount-budgets-7m-for-sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-shoot-in-hero-town-ladysmith/

However, they will start filming in Metro Vancouver which I’m assuming they are referring to Downtown Vancouver next month. So, maybe half of the film will take place in an town and half of it will take place in an city?

• Thumbs Up 1

So does anyone think they’re going to get celebrities to voice Sonic and the gang? I remember reading rumors that Jason Marsden might be in the movie, I think he could be a good Sonic. And the Rock could make a good Knuckles as well.

1 hour ago, Johnny Boy said:

So does anyone think they’re going to get celebrities to voice Sonic and the gang? I remember reading rumors that Jason Marsden might be in the movie, I think he could be a good Sonic. And the Rock could make a good Knuckles as well.

I don’t know. Jason was already confirmed to be in the movie, but they didn’t specify what role he will be playing. I don’t think he will be playing Sonic. We would have known if he was casted as Sonic by now. So, he probably may be playing the cop that will help Sonic. Also, Eggman being played by an Hollywood actor like Jim was to be expected. Mike is not an Hollywood actor like Jim. He is an voice actor.

Roger Craig is most likely not coming back, fortunately. He himself said it's unlikely to happen. Same prbly goes for Tails and Knuckles. Let's get actual actors to play these parts.

- Even Peters as Sonic 

https://youtu.be/rTL-fIn18_Y

- Judah Lewis as Tails 

https://youtu.be/auO3lpen54I

- Vin Diesel as Knuckles

https://youtu.be/kxMVLUE5aic

- Karen Gillan as Amy

https://youtu.be/9GTB4oGLSz4

Sign all of them for a 3 picture-deal 

10 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Roger Craig is most likely not coming back, fortunately. He himself said it's unlikely to happen. 

Do you have the source for that? I don’t remember if he is actually say that.

On 6/29/2018 at 8:15 PM, Johnny Boy said:

Should’ve been Bryan Cranston. At least he’s bald and has an epic stache.

That's a casting I can get behind lol

I love Jim Carrey. Man, I wanna see this now, but I think it's just a rumour.

6 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Do you have the source for that? I don’t remember if he is actually say that.

I'm trying to find the link for it but I remember him saying the chances of getting to play Sonic are slim.

Per Imdb:

"According to Roger Craig Smith (the current voice actor for Sonic), he thinks his chance of getting to play as Sonic are very slim but would be honored to portray the character in film for Paramount." 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3794354/trivia

But I'm trying to find the original source. I think it was posted here 

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

That's a casting I can get behind lol

I love Jim Carrey. Man, I wanna see this now, but I think it's just a rumour.

It's not a rumor per Variety - Carrey is in final negotiations 

I've loved Jim Carrey in nearly everything he's done (his performance as the Grinch in particular; being it was the first movie I saw him in), but the way his life's been in recent years I'm not sure he could pull off a more zany role.

We'll have to wait and see...

Well I suppose Jim can't really hurt his career any more than he already has as of late by signing up to a bad kids movie. He may be able to hold the thing above water with his zany acting style, it wouldn't be the first time he kept a film from totally tanking.

You do have to wonder if it will work as well this time around tho with him turning a lot of people off with his odd ranting and raving's of late. I suppose Tom Cruise has done that too and can still draw a crowd...depending on the movie.. sure didn't work out well for The Mummy.

• Thumbs Up 2

At this point I hope they confirm him, but watch it not be the case, they already pulled this shit with James Marsden, it's just to generate hype I think, we don't know if other actors are being considered too for the role of Eggman., it's possible hey.

By the way, what do you think his origins will be in the movie? How do they explain he is the only human from the fantasy world? Will he be from the real world? But then again, he builds robots, that's not really realistic, but so does GUN, so I don't really know.

As for the casting, let me dream Monica Bellucci as Rouge! (Even though it's likely Rouge is not even in the movie). If Sonic ends up being Justin Timberlake, does this mean Sonic will sing at the end? That would be pretty cool, Sonic was supposed to be in a band after all.

• Fist Bump 1

Maybe Eggman came from Sonic's dimension. He pulls a Knuckles on the government and convinces them that Sonic is a tyrant.

5 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, will they give him an fat suit and some makeup to look like this, I guess?

1EE31F64-0C89-4597-AE70-0163C0128510.thumb.png.098bd2deabfc6f8614f4a3c40524d1bd.png

Or this?

758889C4-C7D5-40FB-A873-4798DDB4F099.png.5f47468c65bfe5fbb4b1b1d37e68428c.png

I still think they should just make him wear a ball around his midsection to get that classic shape. Considering that they're going to have a meter tall blue anthropomorphic hedgehog I can't see why not.

4 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

This might be obvious but according to Patrick Casey, the vast majority of the plot is still kept under wraps.

https://www.twitter.com/Pat_Kc/status/1013452081359777794

The most interesting thing to me there is that supposedly the buddy cop thing has been debunked. Of Course Patrick doesn't confirm or deny anything and I still can't help but think of the whole line about the movie being about a small town coming together to help the sheriff so I'm still naturally pessimistic at this point. Start telling me that Indian Jones is one of your inspirations for the movie and I might chill a little, but...

On a more discussion oriented matter, do you think there is a chance they might show off a prototype of their Sonic model at SDCC just to gauge audience reactions while they still have the time to make changes?

He was apparently saying that because some sites are saying that plot details aren’t known, despite reports about plot details being out there for a while and the producer confirming the “buddy-cop” dynamic in an interview a while ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

If there is one thing this movie needs right now it is some semblance of controlled and reasonable PR. Maybe as a second some sort of enforcement of NDAs. The random babbling and sharing of confusing tidbits as well as a lack of any rumor addressing is letting our imaginations runaway in a way that is going to make it difficult to properly market this movie as it gets closer to release if the more vocal fans have already built up speed by then. I know PR is hard work but right now some kind of control needs to be brought to what is being released for public consumption because no one seems to be thinking about what they are saying outside of the writer of the first draft. That's not his job and someone at Paramount needs to be assigned to have that job before this rather infamous fanbase counter sells the movie to everyone and anyone they can. The vocal minority may be small, but they are loud and word of mouth still caries a lot of power.

42 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

On a more discussion oriented matter, do you think there is a chance they might show off a prototype of their Sonic model at SDCC just to gauge audience reactions while they still have the time to make changes?

Possible, a lot of movies have reveal so many info there. So, there is an possible chance that we could see how Sonic and his friends will look like in the movie there. I'm not expecting them to get realistic designs like so many Hollywood blockbusters do. But, I do expect them to get realistic fur.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/30/2018 at 4:08 PM, PeterPancake said:

Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out how Eggman fits into this plot. A lot directions they can take this. 

Yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at lol. Eggman is unhinged and a bit insane. But to everyone else he wears a mask. I can easily imagine Carrey screaming "I WANT THAT HEDGEHOG!!!"

Ooh, insane Eggman who's dangerously powerful sounds fun. 

1 hour ago, Sonic Fan J said:

I still think they should just make him wear a ball around his midsection to get that classic shape. Considering that they're going to have a meter tall blue anthropomorphic hedgehog I can't see why not.

The most interesting thing to me there is that supposedly the buddy cop thing has been debunked. Of Course Patrick doesn't confirm or deny anything and I still can't help but think of the whole line about the movie being about a small town coming together to help the sheriff so I'm still naturally pessimistic at this point. Start telling me that Indian Jones is one of your inspirations for the movie and I might chill a little, but...

The buddy cop thing is pretty much known to be true at this point, since interviews and journals all have the director explaining the "quasi juvenile delinquent on the adventures with a cop in a straight rural town". 

I’d still be peeved if Sonic's friends showed up. The last thing I’d want is for them to be there for the sake of being there. And with too many, the movie could turn out to be downright goofy; I don’t want an action-orientated version of that new Winnie the Poo movie.