Mayor D

Sonic Live Action Movie "Based on the Sonic CD Easter Eggs"

tumblr_pbq4tb9ENn1rplhyso1_540.jpg.f85f1344579b80833c4260cbbe1378d5.jpg

Production image of the Sonic movie crew in Ladysmith. People keep referring to the town as the movie's "hero town". What does that mean? Can anyone explain?

2 hours ago, STK77 said:

Production image of the Sonic movie crew in Ladysmith. People keep referring to the town as the movie's "hero town". What does that mean? Can anyone explain?

Something about being the main version of a thing or better quality/more detailed. You could have a chair in a scene be a hero chair while being sat on changed out for a breakable stunt chair when it needs to break in a fight scene.

9 hours ago, STK77 said:

Hmmm. Interesting. What they could been doing there? I thought filming in the town doesn't start until mid-September.

Filming will take place starting in mid-September for somewhere in the range of eight to 11 days along First Avenue, between Roberts Street and Gatacre Street.

https://www.ladysmithchronicle.com/news/paramount-budgets-7m-for-sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-shoot-in-hero-town-ladysmith/

Source for the picture is from this.:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlEFgo7jjkv/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=fmsk8b9ifnlu

9 hours ago, STK77 said:

The first picture of the Sonic movie crew.

14 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Hmmm. Interesting. What they could been doing there? I thought filming in the town doesn't start until mid-September.

Filming will take place starting in mid-September for somewhere in the range of eight to 11 days along First Avenue, between Roberts Street and Gatacre Street.

https://www.ladysmithchronicle.com/news/paramount-budgets-7m-for-sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-shoot-in-hero-town-ladysmith/

Source for the picture is from this.:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlEFgo7jjkv/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=fmsk8b9ifnlu

Filming may not take place until September, but that doesn't mean there isn't planning and photography that can be done in advance to streamline the filming process later. Also, any visual and on site information they can gather now can be used to further refine the storyboard as well.

41 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

I hope we get a look at the production logo for the movie soon 

Me too. I'm happy that we're at least seeing some progress on the making of the movie though. 

26 minutes ago, a knothole resident said:

Theyre all wearing blue.

Oh my gosh, you're right, ha ha

16 hours ago, STK77 said:

Most likely the main setting of the movie, the cop's hometown to be exact.

Jim Carrey as Eggman sounds pretty good to me. Some might say that this choice prevents the movie from having a darker tone but, let's be real now, the movie was never gonna be especially dark anyway. There is just no way that we were ever going to see something like Batman Begins featuring a cartoon hedgehog. 

And speaking of Batman, Jim Carrey did a fine job as The Riddler in Batman Forever, a movie that balanced bewteen relative darkness and complete goofyness. So having Carrey play the main villain in a movie is not a guarantee that the movie is going to be ENTIRELY silly. We can probably asume that Eggman will be a silly character, but that doesn't mean that other parts of the film can't be played somewhat seriously. 

11 hours ago, batson said:

Jim Carrey as Eggman sounds pretty good to me. Some might say that this choice prevents the movie from having a darker tone but, let's be real now, the movie was never gonna be especially dark anyway. There is just no way that we were ever going to see something like Batman Begins featuring a cartoon hedgehog. 

And speaking of Batman, Jim Carrey did a fine job as The Riddler in Batman Forever, a movie that balanced bewteen relative darkness and complete goofyness. So having Carrey play the main villain in a movie is not a guarantee that the movie is going to be ENTIRELY silly. We can probably asume that Eggman will be a silly character, but that doesn't mean that other parts of the film can't be played somewhat seriously. 

Agreed. Jim Carrey would make a great silly villain who's as dangerous as he is funny, but that in no way means the movie is automatically a comedy. 

On 7/7/2018 at 8:27 PM, CaptainRobo said:

I don't really expect Shadow to be in the film, but I can only see him in a post credits scene. Anyway, it's make sense just to have the core characters, since this is going to be the first Sonic film.

On 7/7/2018 at 8:03 PM, PeterPancake said:

Why would Shadow and the Chaotix be in the first movie? The original core characters should appear first. Shadow will definitely be in the sequel

Why are you guys saying there's gonna be a sequel? We don't even know if there will BE a sequel!

42 minutes ago, Asin Korber said:

Why are you guys saying there's gonna be a sequel? We don't even know if there will BE a sequel!

All of what I’m saying is just speculation. If the movie is an box office success, then a sequel is guaranteed to happened. If it flops, then there won’t be a sequel. 

So, according to this guy, he say that the people in the picture were doing the technical survey. What this means that the director and the department heads travel to all the filming locations to survey the director’s vision. This is what it known as pre-production. 

18 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, according to this guy, he say that the people in the picture were doing the technical survey. What this means that the director and the department heads travel to all the filming locations to survey the director’s vision. This is what it known as pre-production. 

We also have a definite time as to when filming will be taking place. It's already been stated,  but I've seen a lot of people still posting that filming will start in mid-September, which is not true.

At least now we know what's happening with the picture. Thanks for the update. 

1 hour ago, STK77 said:

We also have a definite time as to when filming will be taking place. It's already been stated,  but I've seen a lot of people still posting that filming will start in mid-September, which is not true.

I think they mean that they will start filming in the town and the highway in Mid-September.

Source: https://www.ladysmithchronicle.com/news/paramount-budgets-7m-for-sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-shoot-in-hero-town-ladysmith/

If MoTI approves the film permit, shooting will take place — weather pending — between the Buckley Bay interchange and the Cook Creek turnoff from Thursday, Sept 13 to Monday, Sept 17 from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Source: https://www.vancouverislandfreedaily.com/entertainment/scenes-for-sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-set-to-be-filmed-on-highway-19-next-fall/

They will start filming at the end of this month in Metro Vancouver, according to YVRShoots.:

Sonic the Hedgehog is expected to start filming July 30th in metro Vancouver and wrap September 26th.

Source: http://yvrshoots.com/2018/05/big-movie-james-marsden-cast-in-live-actionanimated-sonic-the-hedgehog.html

A bit late on this one but I reckon Jim Carrey is an astounding choice for Eggman. The guy is a human cartoon just look at what he pulled off for The Mask and The Grinch. He’d bring Eggman to life and do him justice.

6 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

I really hope we get some news at Comic Con. It's kinda the perfect time to do a big reveal 

Me too, but I doubt it.