Mayor D

Sonic Live Action Movie "Jim Carrey? Alrighty Then!"

On Tuesday 3rd December, Sony Pictures registered 3 domain names for Sonic the Hedgehog.

sonicthehedgehog-movie.com

sonicthehedgehog-movie.net

sonicthehedgehogmovie.net

The sites don't lead to anywhere yet, however they do appear to be legit registrations since the details match up with other Sony Pictures projects announced and in development.

At Boom, Iizuka did say he expected to see Sonic on the big screen at sometime in the future, however this doesn’t mean a Sonic movie is definately coming, it might however mean that talks have started and this is a pre-emptive thing to protect the domain.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/12/sony-pictures-have-registered-3-sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-domains/

I don't know what it is, but I really, really don't like where this is going.

Your current avatar is so appropriate for this.

Actually thats a good point, what annimations have Sony pictures done... oh lord, unless it's a live action =p

Aren't Sony Pictures (Animation Studios?) making a Ratchet and Clank movie as well? What if this Sonic movie is like that?

Yeah I just checked that, I can't see Sony Pictures associated with it, or I might add the Heavenly Sword movie.

They made Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs which was a good film, so maybe they could pull off a Sonic movie. I wonder if these means an exclusivity deal with Sony though for a couple of games only on PS4 and Vita....

They made Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs which was a good film, so maybe they could pull off a Sonic movie.

They also made both Smurf films, Open Season, and the awful Hotel Transylvania.

Safe to say I'm terrified. 

7.1 Billion

That is the current estimate of the amount of humans on this planet.

Not a single fucking one of them asked for this let alone wanted it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nzxRoIX4QU

It was question number 1.

Edit:

"We do believe that at some point in the future, a Sonic movie will become a reality"