Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

11 hours ago, batson said:

Jim Carrey as Eggman sounds pretty good to me. Some might say that this choice prevents the movie from having a darker tone but, let's be real now, the movie was never gonna be especially dark anyway. There is just no way that we were ever going to see something like Batman Begins featuring a cartoon hedgehog. 

And speaking of Batman, Jim Carrey did a fine job as The Riddler in Batman Forever, a movie that balanced bewteen relative darkness and complete goofyness. So having Carrey play the main villain in a movie is not a guarantee that the movie is going to be ENTIRELY silly. We can probably asume that Eggman will be a silly character, but that doesn't mean that other parts of the film can't be played somewhat seriously. 

Agreed. Jim Carrey would make a great silly villain who's as dangerous as he is funny, but that in no way means the movie is automatically a comedy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/7/2018 at 8:27 PM, CaptainRobo said:

I don't really expect Shadow to be in the film, but I can only see him in a post credits scene. Anyway, it's make sense just to have the core characters, since this is going to be the first Sonic film.

On 7/7/2018 at 8:03 PM, PeterPancake said:

Why would Shadow and the Chaotix be in the first movie? The original core characters should appear first. Shadow will definitely be in the sequel

Why are you guys saying there's gonna be a sequel? We don't even know if there will BE a sequel!

42 minutes ago, Asin Korber said:

Why are you guys saying there's gonna be a sequel? We don't even know if there will BE a sequel!

All of what I’m saying is just speculation. If the movie is an box office success, then a sequel is guaranteed to happened. If it flops, then there won’t be a sequel. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So, according to this guy, he say that the people in the picture were doing the technical survey. What this means that the director and the department heads travel to all the filming locations to survey the director’s vision. This is what it known as pre-production. 

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, according to this guy, he say that the people in the picture were doing the technical survey. What this means that the director and the department heads travel to all the filming locations to survey the director’s vision. This is what it known as pre-production. 

We also have a definite time as to when filming will be taking place. It's already been stated,  but I've seen a lot of people still posting that filming will start in mid-September, which is not true.

At least now we know what's happening with the picture. Thanks for the update. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, STK77 said:

We also have a definite time as to when filming will be taking place. It's already been stated,  but I've seen a lot of people still posting that filming will start in mid-September, which is not true.

I think they mean that they will start filming in the town and the highway in Mid-September.

Filming will take place starting in mid-September for somewhere in the range of eight to 11 days along First Avenue, between Roberts Street and Gatacre Street.

Source: https://www.ladysmithchronicle.com/news/paramount-budgets-7m-for-sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-shoot-in-hero-town-ladysmith/

If MoTI approves the film permit, shooting will take place — weather pending — between the Buckley Bay interchange and the Cook Creek turnoff from Thursday, Sept 13 to Monday, Sept 17 from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Source: https://www.vancouverislandfreedaily.com/entertainment/scenes-for-sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-set-to-be-filmed-on-highway-19-next-fall/

They will start filming at the end of this month in Metro Vancouver, according to YVRShoots.:

Sonic the Hedgehog is expected to start filming July 30th in metro Vancouver and wrap September 26th.

Source: http://yvrshoots.com/2018/05/big-movie-james-marsden-cast-in-live-actionanimated-sonic-the-hedgehog.html

• Thumbs Up 2

A bit late on this one but I reckon Jim Carrey is an astounding choice for Eggman. The guy is a human cartoon just look at what he pulled off for The Mask and The Grinch. He’d bring Eggman to life and do him justice.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really hope we get some news at Comic Con. It's kinda the perfect time to do a big reveal 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

I really hope we get some news at Comic Con. It's kinda the perfect time to do a big reveal 

Me too, but I doubt it. 

• Fist Bump 1

3 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Looks rather cool if real.

Yes, I think this is real. Also, note that the letter mentions while no gunshot or explosion effects will occur, "atmospheric smoke" effects may be used. 

9 minutes ago, Ayliffe said:

DiGFyKyXUAEyg6L.jpg:large

That's true. We just need to wait. Sooner or later they'll come out and tell us what's happening. In the meantime, I'll be doing a google search on the address in question to see what it looks like and if it's even a legit place. 

4 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Looks rather cool if real.

I can't post a picture because of file size problems, but it looks just like a normal house and not an ideal location for filming. There are rows of cars that are packing the sides of the street. This could very well be fake news. 

57 minutes ago, Ayliffe said:

DiGFyKyXUAEyg6L.jpg:large

Where is this from?

55 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Some more info about the movie.:

F11E5339-483D-410F-B0B5-65D9BEBEB05A.thumb.jpeg.d87ecd4c14d5b864a2fb52d8e0e7ce56.jpeg

Source: https://www.creativebc.com/crbc-services/motion-picture-services/in-production/films.php?type=feature

Don’t know where this picture came from, but it’s seem that Van and Evan’s names are listed in there, despite that they are no longer working on it.

97176266-1141-4BC6-945B-67C85CD55776.thumb.png.06fbcac56f6e393fcf850350118cc750.png

I was about to lose my shit when I saw it mention Tails and Knuckles. But is it just me or is this the same exact blurb from the Hollywood article from 2 years ago?

3 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Where is this from?

I was about to lose my shit when I saw it mention Tails and Knuckles. But is it just me or is this the same exact blurb from the Hollywood article from 2 years ago?

I don't know where the picture is from. 

Yeah, they mention Tails and Knuckles, but the way its said is like they're just talking about the game series. 

6 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

I think that's more of a summary of the games.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, STK77 said:

I don't know where the picture is from. 

Yeah, they mention Tails and Knuckles, but the way its said is like they're just talking about the game series. 

"Sonic the Hedgehog centers on Sonic and his friends, such as Tails and Knuckles, who run around collecting items and points as they attempt to foil the global domination plans of Doctor Eggman Robotnik."

"The plan is to make a hybrid CG-animated/live-action family film. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-director-tim-miller-developing-sonic-hedgehog-movie-sony-942661

That's weird 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, PeterPancake said:

"Sonic the Hedgehog centers on Sonic and his friends, such as Tails and Knuckles, who run around collecting items and points as they attempt to foil the global domination plans of Doctor Eggman Robotnik."

"The plan is to make a hybrid CG-animated/live-action family film. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-director-tim-miller-developing-sonic-hedgehog-movie-sony-942661

See, but that describes the game, not a movie. Sadly, I don't think we have any solid proof yet that Knuckles or Tails will be in the movie. 

• Absolutely 1

14 minutes ago, Ayliffe said:

It's from me, I made it :V

Yeah, but it's a filming notice. Why would someone go through the trouble of writing the entire thing like that If they wanted to fake it. I guess we'll just have to see if we can spot the logo on set 

2 minutes ago, STK77 said:

See, but that describes the game, not a movie. Sadly, I don't think we have any solid proof yet that Knuckles or Tails will be in the movie. 

Yeah, I'm still hopefully. I just find it odd the production crew would use a blurb from a 2 year old article. I hope at least Tails and Knuckles/Amy are in the movie