Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

2 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Yeah, but it's a filming notice. Why would someone go through the trouble of writing the entire thing like that If they wanted to fake it. I guess we'll just have to see if we can spot the logo on set 

I think the notice might be real, but the list of people working on the movie that was released at the same time isn't accurate. I'm still going to wait. 

6 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Yeah, but it's a filming notice. Why would someone go through the trouble of writing the entire thing like that If they wanted to fake it. I guess we'll just have to see if we can spot the logo on set 

Yeah, I'm still hopefully. I just find it odd the production crew would use a blurb from a 2 year old article. I hope at least Tails and Knuckles/Amy are in the movie 

I'd like for Tails to appear. 

5 minutes ago, STK77 said:

I think the notice might be real, but the list of people working on the movie that was released at the same time isn't accurate. I'm still going to wait. 

Fyi, just to let you guys know - Van would still be credited on the movie even though he's not working on it anymore. The base script is still his and most movie scripts go through a couple of rewrites and drafts 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, PeterPancake said:

Fyi, just to let you guys know - Van would still be credited on the movie even though he's not working on it anymore. The base script is still his and most movie scripts go through a couple of rewrites and drafts 

So the "sarcastic highway patrol cop who befriends Sonic" might be actual information?

• Fist Bump 2

18 minutes ago, STK77 said:

So the "sarcastic highway patrol cop who befriends Sonic" might be actual information?

Yeah, didn't the president of Paramount already confirm It? Or are you talking about something else 

4 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Yeah, didn't the president of Paramount already confirm It? Or are you talking about something else 

No, I know it's about a police officer befriending Sonic, but I've heard "sherrif" and also "highway police patrol", so I don't really know which is true. 

For anybody curious about the place where they will be filming, this is how it look like in these pictures that I took.

78DC13FD-0956-4C7E-9EFD-CA747D45149C.thumb.jpeg.6a0b1c8ff38f28c42b8a881c9bf4e699.jpeg8112115F-0FC8-4E4D-8D15-207E5F72548B.thumb.jpeg.8503fb5dfe9f50cc863c790532757a00.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, STK77 said:

No, I know it's about a police officer befriending Sonic, but I've heard "sherrif" and also "highway police patrol", so I don't really know which is true. 

I think the Highway patrol stuff is true. We heard it from Hashtag a few days before it was confirmed. So I'm sticking with that. What sounds weird is them,  again, using a blurb from an article. This time not even from a trade but a scooping site. Surely, the filming notice would have it's own synopsis of the plot?

24 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

For anybody curious about the place where they will be filming, this is how it look like in these pictures that I took.

78DC13FD-0956-4C7E-9EFD-CA747D45149C.thumb.jpeg.6a0b1c8ff38f28c42b8a881c9bf4e699.jpeg8112115F-0FC8-4E4D-8D15-207E5F72548B.thumb.jpeg.8503fb5dfe9f50cc863c790532757a00.jpeg

See what I mean? It looks like a neighborhood house. The street is cluttered. It doesn't look like an ideal place to shoot a film. 

25 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

I think the Highway patrol stuff is true. We heard it from Hashtag a few days before it was confirmed. So I'm sticking with that. What sounds weird is them,  again, using a blurb from an article. This time not even from a trade but a scooping site. Surely, the filming notice would have it's own synopsis of the plot?

I'm not quite sure I know what you mean?

"Sonic" rolls off the tongue a lot better than "Sonic the Hedgehog" and it's a lot less cheesy imo.

• Thumbs Up 1

I kinda like the Sonic head in the C. It's a nice touchand helps differentiate it from the regular one.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

I kinda like the Sonic head in the C. It's a nice touchand helps differentiate it from the regular one.

Same, I like it, too. 

I just hope that the movie doesn't feel cheap, well you know low budget like the awful Woody Woodpecker movie that was released direct-to-video in the U.S. a few months ago. I hear that everything in the movie was terrible and unfunny. Vancouver seem to be a very popular place for cheap low budget movies to filmed. The movie is planned to be filmed at the end of July till September. So, that is like 3 and a half months? That does seem short for a feature film to be filmed. Usually, it take like 6 months for movies to get filming finished. The budget of the movie will be $90 million. Isn't that kind of a lot? It's weird that the filming will only take like 3 and a half months to finished. The movie won't be released until next November. So, maybe, the reason, why it will take that long because Marza and Blur Studio will put the character models in the live action scenes and do all the animations and CGI scenes, when the filming is done. Hopefully, they can pull it without trying make the movie looked cheap. I'm just worried that it may ended up looking cheap and unwatchable.

• Thumbs Up 2

A year is a reasonably normal turnaround for a film and 3 months for filming does sound normal too. They'll also have a week or two scheduled for some reshoots next year.

A $90 million budget does look to be on the higher end of the liveaction/cgi range (budget/WW gross):

Peter Rabbit 50/350

Hop 63/183

Paddington 55/268

Padington 2 40/226

Yogi Bear 80/201

Alvin 1 60/361

Squeakquel 75/443

Chipwrecked 75/342

Road Chip 90/234

Smurfs 110/563

Smurfs 2 105/347

G-Force 150/292

Of course that $90 million is just the money to make the film there will be a seperate marketing budget on top of that. I think the generic quick maths for a films break even point is currently around 2.25-2.5 x the production budget which would be about $200-225 million on a $90 million budget.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, BxB-Meister said:

Gave it a crack at it myself!

ApuUBjsh.jpg

Now THIS is how it should look. The other one is nice as well, albeit very Play-Doh esque. This is the kind of logo I could easily see in the trailer and it sets the tone perfectly. Amazing job, man. 

Maybe some movie news incoming?

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1018577654570577920?s=09

Okay I just noticed that this studio ``Hedgehog Films" is starting to come up more and this reminded me with what they did with Ratchet & Clank.

I think this is the best quality I could find, but as you can see in the video thumbnail, you can clearly see ``Ratchet Productions LLC". In 2013 when the film was announced it was just called ``Ratchet LLC". So the same case could be for Sonic, because like the above example shows that it's Not the first time it's happened with a film like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, the company Hedgehog Films remind me that Sony created an actual studio called Ghost Corps to oversee the Ghostbusters movies like the reboot a few years ago. 

Ghost_Corps_Logo.jpg

Here is a video of the animated logo which can be seen in the opening of the Ghostbusters reboot.:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Corps

If they actually established a production company for Sonic movie, is that mean Sonic may expand its universe like Transformers if it goes well...financially?

I suspect it may just make things more straightforward financially and logistically to process everything through a technically separate company.