Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

6 hours ago, STK77 said:

The absolute MOST we could get is concept art of Sonic, the finished logo, or maybe even an announcement of who his voice actor will be. But I'm not getting my hopes up too high for anything that big. 

Well, I could see that happened. If they don't announced any news about the movie, then maybe Paramount will announced some. The studio will attend Comic Con, but they will most likely talk mostly about Bumblebee, which will release this December. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem likely.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/bumblebee-san-diego-comic-con-hailee-steinfeld-1202420528/

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, I could see that happened. If they don't announced any news about the movie, then maybe Paramount will announced some. The studio will attend Comic Con, but they will most likely talk mostly about Bumblebee, which will release this December. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem likely.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/bumblebee-san-diego-comic-con-hailee-steinfeld-1202420528/

Oh no, I don't think they'll have a separate panel just for the Sonic movie. I'm just saying that they could have some small bits of information at the Way Past Cool panel. 

1 hour ago, STK77 said:

Oh no, I don't think they'll have a separate panel just for the Sonic movie. I'm just saying that they could have some small bits of information at the Way Past Cool panel. 

Well, I was speculating about Paramount revealing some info about the movie, since they are attending Comic Con like Sega. I guess we will have to wait and see to find out if Sega will reveal some info about the movie there. 

I expect that they will only reveal some small info about the movie there. Not too much, but just a small amount of info.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

I expect that they will only reveal some small info about the movie there. Not too much, but just a small amount of info.

Small is better than nothing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the logo's color will be like this

yTfjszq.jpg

QKiRe0Z.png

As opposed to the classic yellow/gold color. Unless it's going to be more of darker gold/light bronze - it looks blue.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

yTfjszq.jpg

QKiRe0Z.png

As opposed to the classic yellow/gold color. Unless it's going to be more of darker gold/light bronze - it looks blue.

SonicLogoBlue.thumb.png.5d4dff97a72668d58c04ff50782432e8.pngLike this?
[Ouch! "THE HEDGEHOG" is hard to read.]

• Thumbs Up 5

I've got to give 06 props for having a pretty cool logo, totally movie material. Too bad that if they used it, well... Yeah... 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

SonicLogoBlue.thumb.png.5d4dff97a72668d58c04ff50782432e8.pngLike this?
[Ouch! "THE HEDGEHOG" is hard to read.]

Yes, exactly like that. Very nice!

10 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

yTfjszq.jpg

QKiRe0Z.png

I think it'd look better as blue. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, there was nothing about the movie at the panel. So, I'm not surprised.  I think it's safe to say that we may get more updates about the movie at random times. 

BTW,  when I read the filming notice for the movie. I see in the paper that there will be no gunfire or special effects involved. It also say that atmospheric smoke may be used in the filming. I assume that they will just filmed at the neighborhood for just only an few scenes because it say that they will be filming a scene of a car pulling up to an house. It also say that they will be filming some interior dialogue scenes. There probably won't be that much effects required for these few scenes. It's probably going to be some of the main characters talking in the scenes.

• Thumbs Up 3

34 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, there was nothing about the movie at the panel. So, I'm not surprised.  I think it's safe to say that we may get more updates about the movie at random times. 

BTW,  when I read the filming notice for the movie. I see in the paper that there will be no gunfire or special effects involved. It also say that atmospheric smoke may be used in the filming. I assume that they will just filmed at the neighborhood for just only an few scenes because it say that they will be filming a scene of a car pulling up to an house. It also say that they will be filming some interior dialogue scenes. There probably won't be that much effects required for these few scenes. It's probably going to be some of the main characters talking in the scenes.

But you have to wonder why they're using smoke. Fire? Gas? Sonic going fast and kicking up dust? Fog for a creepy effect? Fart joke (gosh no)? 

9 hours ago, STK77 said:

But you have to wonder why they're using smoke. Fire? Gas? Sonic going fast and kicking up dust? Fog for a creepy effect? Fart joke (gosh no)? 

I think they will used it for fog. The picture here is atmospheric smoke. I think it will be a scene where the car is pulling up to the house as it is out of the fog.

9E560A97-69FD-4658-BF26-188131AFCD6F.jpeg.408ca785cc6c3501e1f0f3bc1712adf5.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I think they will used it for fog. The picture here is atmospheric smoke. I think it will be a scene where the car is pulling up to the house as it is out of the fog.

9E560A97-69FD-4658-BF26-188131AFCD6F.jpeg.408ca785cc6c3501e1f0f3bc1712adf5.jpeg

I wonder why there will be fog... 

Okay, did some research, and it looks like atmospheric smoke is primarily used to:

- create a hazy, dreamlike mood

- invoke a mysterious atmosphere that asks "what could be lying ahead?" 

- show something is abandoned 

I'm guessing we're going for an eerie scene here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, STK77 said:

I wonder why there will be fog... 

Okay, did some research, and it looks like atmospheric smoke is primarily used to:

- create a hazy, dreamlike mood

- invoke a mysterious atmosphere that asks "what could be lying ahead?" 

- show something is abandoned 

I'm guessing we're going for an eerie scene here. 

Well, I guess we will have to wait and find out to see when we get our first look at the set photos, when filming begins.

BTW, only 10 more days until filming begins. Time had fly by so fast.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

BTW, only 10 more days until filming begins. Time had fly by so fast.

I know, I'm hoping for some new information once filming starts. 

That sketch of Egg looks pretty alright.  I wonder if they're going to be calling him Robotnik in this, considering it's much more acceptable of a surname than Eggman.

it would be nice if this movie causes a resurgence of the occasional use of egg's real name, i miss that

• Thumbs Up 1

The sketch of Eggman if everybody want to see how he will probably look like.

Before, anybody think this is how Sonic will look like in the movie, the picture is probably just an doodle.:

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

The interesting thing about that wrap picture is that it may give us a rough idea of what Sonic may look like. Most movie storyboards like that usually draw a simplified version of whatever is in the movie.

And that Robotnik sketch is probably a lot closer to what we'll see in the movie.

4 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

The interesting thing about that wrap picture is that it may give us a general idea of what Sonic may look like. And that Robotnik sketch is probably a lot closer to what we'll see in the movie.

I've got this feeling that Sonic's arms might be blue? And Eggman looks pretty sweet. 

12 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

The interesting thing about that wrap picture is that it may give us a rough idea of what Sonic may look like. Most movie storyboards like that usually draw a simplified version of whatever is in the movie.

That would hold merit, if Sonic didn't have the same design in Sonic Boom storyboards as well.

It seems to be his general storyboard design, much like the sketchhog Sonic for concepts of game mechanics.

"Insanely wacky and fun" doesn't exactly sound like a "serious action PG-13 movie that's too cool 4 skool" movie, huh.