Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Razule said:

"Insanely wacky and fun" doesn't exactly sound like a "serious action PG-13 movie that's too cool 4 skool" movie, huh.

Maybe, he mean that the movie will have a lot of action with some funny humor. Well, you know action movies like The Avengers can still be serious, despite having some funny humor. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Razule said:

"Insanely wacky and fun" doesn't exactly sound like a "serious action PG-13 movie that's too cool 4 skool" movie, huh.

Maybe this one will be the goofy happy-go-lucky one where Jim Robotnik's plan is to steal a magical jewel from a museum that will let all of his robots run without fuel, and there will be practically zero stakes.

Then the sequel will be the hardcore "trying really hard to look cool and mature" one where Shadow is introduced and Jim Robotnik holds guns to peoples' heads and his plan is to literally nuke New York.

I think the film being described as wacky and fun alongside aiming for pg-13 movie basically confirms for me their going for an avengers type tone which is perfect for the sonic series imo.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

That would hold merit, if Sonic didn't have the same design in Sonic Boom storyboards as well.

It seems to be his general storyboard design, much like the sketchhog Sonic for concepts of game mechanics.

Not all story boards are completely inaccurate to what's in the actual product. Even using Sonic as an example 

latest?cb=20160918210422

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

And the Boom storyboards still have details and elements from the actual design 

boomstoryboard4.jpg

Most storyboard sketches do have a simplified version of whatever is In in the movie. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

6 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Maybe, he mean that the movie will have a lot of action with some funny humor. Well, you know action movies like The Avengers can still be serious, despite having some funny humor. 

Deadpool was wacky and fun. 

12 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

The sketch of Eggman if everybody want to see how he will probably look like.

I dig the Dr. Eggman design on that picture.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

13 hours ago, Drifting Jack said:

Is Carrey confirmed for the role? I kind of doubt that. The tweet is old.

He probably most likely is. The tweet was posted on the day when there was news of him of playing Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

He probably most likely is. The tweet was posted on the day when there was news of him of playing Eggman.

Additionally, filming starts on the 30th. That's one week from now. They must have SOMEONE scheduled to play as Robotnik, and since there's no news about Carrey turning down the role, it's not faulty to assume he has accepted it. 

• Thumbs Up 6

9 hours ago, STK77 said:

Additionally, filming starts on the 30th. That's one week from now. They must have SOMEONE scheduled to play as Robotnik, and since there's no news about Carrey turning down the role, it's not faulty to assume he has accepted it. 

With filming starting next week and reports of him playing Eggman which most likely to become true, he pretty much most likely got casted. 

BTW, the writer retweeted this. LOL.

8060D433-1A2B-4EC4-951A-DCC969AF74F7.thumb.jpeg.ae30263a84b78785cd56dbf912c3c52c.jpeg

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/NOTVIKING/status/1020781911638065152

• Chuckle 4
  • Fist Bump 1

9 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

The storyboard artist confirmed that the Sonic shown in the doodle is not the actual design. It was his own design of Sonic.:

https://twitter.com/DouglasEinar/status/1021246092007141377

I really can’t believe that many people actually fall for it, thinking that was his design for the movie.

I didn't fall for it. If that was what Sonic looked like in the film, the film wouldn't have a chance.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

46 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

The storyboard artist confirmed that the Sonic shown in the doodle is not the actual design. It was his own design of Sonic.:

https://twitter.com/DouglasEinar/status/1021246092007141377

I really can’t believe that many people actually fall for it, thinking that was his design for the movie.

Who's the idiot who actually thought that would be his final design? 

1 hour ago, STK77 said:

Who's the idiot who actually thought that would be his final design? 

The people looking for a way to dig into this movie from as many angles as they can find :P

But in all seriousness, I hope we get something official soon. Filming starts in 6 days 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, PeterPancake said:

The people looking for a way to dig into this movie from as many angles as they can find :P

But in all seriousness, I hope we get something official soon. Filming starts in 6 days 

Same. I'd really like to know who Sumpter will be playing as. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, A sonic fan said:

If they just started filming now this movie could be rushed for a nov 2019 release date.

Filming is usually a year and something before release, correct me if I'm wrong. Star Wars IX is also starting to shoot now, and that's a way bigger project than this.

• Thumbs Up 3

Is anyone else slightly concerned that the first Sonic movie (if you don't include the OVA)... after 27 years of demand.

The first image is of Officer Wachowski. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Mayor D said:

Is anyone else slightly concerned that the first Sonic movie (if you don't include the OVA)... after 27 years of demand.

The first image is of Officer Wachowski. 

It's an image from set, it could have been Eggman, but definitely not Sonic as he's a CGI character. Unless you wanted a Sonic cosplay... 

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone else squinting real hard at his badge to figure out if it makes any indication of the movie’s setting?

2 minutes ago, Drifting Jack said:

It's an image from set, it could have been Eggman, but definitely not Sonic as he's a CGI character. Unless you wanted a Sonic cosplay... 

I know its a set image.

But my point kinda still stands here, they would have known set photos would have leaked.

... .. We don't even have a full cast list.

.We don't even know if Roger Craig Smith is voicing Sonic.

3 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Anyone else squinting real hard at his badge to figure out if it makes any indication of the movie’s setting?

Might have more luck on the license plate of that car, it appears to be in the scene so could give a clue if it's not a Canadian license plate.