Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, PeterPancake said:

Who said he would be Classic Sonic exactly? His design would be based on classic- that doesn't mean he will be him. That's like saying MCU Hulk is a a cannibal because it took elements from the Ultimate comics. No, it's a new interpretation that takes elements from different versions. In this case- Classic Sonic's design 

And besides- Classic Sonic does talk. Sonic Underground,  Sonic OVA, SATAM etc. He's been talking wayyy before Sega made the creative decision to have him mute in Generations

Exactly! Why do people want Classic mute baffles me! It destroys his characterization! It's like Classic Tails is the big one who can take care of him because he's the one who has speech ability!

Classic Sonic fully talks in:

-AoSTH

-Sonic Underground

-SaTAM

-OVA

-Archie Sonic comics

-Sonic the Comics UK

-Post-SGW Archie comics flashbacks

-Sonic Mega Drive Comics

-Archie Sonic comics's 25th anniversary issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

If you still remember the plot posted by Collider, it said.

Maybe this scene was set in San Francisco. 
Hey, if it is to be San Francisco, it must have an iconic slopy road, as in City Escape.

Well, maybe that seem to be possible, given that the plot summary from Collider say that Sonic and Tom have to go to San Francisco to get his Rings back. Would be cool if we get an scene similar like this, but it would required an large amount of CGI and money to made this happen. I would imagined that a scene like this wouldn't happen with no CGI, because it would be dangerous and unrealistic to filming an big truck ramming down everything in its way just to crush an CGI Sonic.:

City_Escape_17.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

Exactly! Why do people want Classic mute baffles me! It destroys his characterization! It's like Classic Tails is the big one who can take care of him because he's the one who has speech ability!

Classic Sonic fully talks in:

-AoSTH

-Sonic Underground

-SaTAM

-OVA

-Archie Sonic comics

-Sonic the Comics UK

-Post-SGW Archie comics flashbacks

-Sonic Mega Drive Comics

-Archie Sonic comics's 25th anniversary issues.

It would be interesting if we saw Sonic slowly evolve to the modern design, as he grows up. Maybe his eyes change colors when he's exposed to Emerald energy in the sequel

30 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

It would be interesting if we saw Sonic slowly evolve to the modern design, as he grows up. Maybe his eyes change colors when he's exposed to Emerald energy in the sequel

SEGA would never allow that. They wanna keep Classic and Modern as 2 different persons for whatever reasons.

Although in the games we could headcanon that with S3&K->Sonic Pocket Adventure->Sonic Adventure, for a slow evolution as Sonic of Sonic Pocket adventures had classic design with green eyes.

Just now, Marco9966 said:

SEGA would never allow that. They wanna keep Classic and Modern as 2 different persons for whatever reasons.

Although in the games we could headcanon that with S3&K->Sonic Pocket Adventure->Sonic Adventure, for a slow evolution as Sonic of Sonic Pocket adventures had classic design with green eyes.

Tbh, I don't think Sega would care that much what the movie crew decides to do. They haven't cared so far about all of the changes they've made. 

Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic were the same person up until last year and I'm sure most still see him that way. If not, I could see them doing an entire trilogy based on classic characters and villains i.e Tails and Amy in the sequel with Metal Sonic as the main villain.

45 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Tbh, I don't think Sega would care that much what the movie crew decides to do. They haven't cared so far about all of the changes they've made. 

Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic were the same person up until last year and I'm sure most still see him that way. If not, I could see them doing an entire trilogy based on classic characters and villains i.e Tails and Amy in the sequel with Metal Sonic as the main villain.

They probably haven't said much of anything so far because they like how things are going. 

5 hours ago, Lahsuwu said:

They probably haven't said much of anything so far because they like how things are going. 

Right and I doubt they would care if Classic grew into modern ala coming of age story. And you can explain the emerald green eyes as a side effect of using the Chaos Emeralds 

8 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

It's like Classic Tails is the big one who can take care of him because he's the one who has speech ability!

Speech doesn't define maturity.

30 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Speech doesn't define maturity.

We could take it into a real-life conversation about it, yeah it doesn't define maturity but what I'm saying is that they retconned Classic Sonic's speech, thus removing a big part of his personality

18 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

He makes a good point. I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic was smaller with black eyes like his old design. Patrick Casey also said he's much more of a fan of the classic games 

I guess Im camping here for a year cause I seem to return to this site frequently than I intended. 

Imagine Eggman's theme being something like this:

Listen to 1:35 onwards.  :D (Junkie XL was one of the composers who helped create this score btw)

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe that could actually be Tails driving the car, he know how to drive.

13AEF71C-343B-416B-8684-214C77D97B4D.thumb.jpeg.ea3e09687b9af6df802fdb9af516aa8e.jpeg

Kinda unrelated, but the director posted this.:

• Thumbs Up 3

This is why I have more confidence in Blur than Marza, the former of whom are now doing the animation for the movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

A few years ago, the co-producers of the Sonic movie visited Marza, which I assumed that they worked and discussed about the animations with the company.

I like how a lot of people are drawing movie fan art, when it won't be out until next November.:

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering that the whole reason Marza set up an American location was for the Sonic movie, It's pretty safe to bet that they're still working on it.

9 minutes ago, BxB-Meister said:

Considering that the whole reason Marza set up an American location was for the Sonic movie, It's pretty safe to bet that they're still working on it.

Probably. But Blur are doing the bulk of animation. None of the trades ever mention Marza anymore, only Blur. Even the filming notices mention Blur. And considering Marza has no experience in Hollywood whereas Blur has been working on films for years AND they have prior experience with Sonic (Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06), it makes sense that Marza take a backseat on this movie. 

Heres an interesting question.  Which of your favorite internet celebrities do you want to make a cameo?  My choices are Arin Hansen (or just The Grumps) , Nathan Barnett as his Keith Apicary character, Andre Meadows BlackNerd, and James Rolfe.    

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

I know this is kinda unrelated. It's funny and an coincidence that IDW hold the rights to DuckTales, TMNT, and Sonic the Hedgehog comics, now that Sonic will be voiced by the guy who voiced Dewey from DuckTales and Leonardo from Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.:

Spoiler

IDW_Sonic_1_Img_CvrB.jpg

12-6-2017-21.jpg

DuckTales01_cvrA-copy.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3